Why do you waste your time in PvP?

Abimelech

Before you think this is a thread about why PvE is better, it isn't.

Seriously I see it in lvl 50 WZ games and 1-49 brackets as well. Why do you "quit", "magically get disconnected", or whatever lame excuse you have when things start getting bad in a WZ?

Seriously you just wasted your time and have nothing to show for it. It isn't like there is a stat tracker for wins/losses. Personally I'd rather take the loss and get the valor, exp (where applicable), and the credits. Also when you quit you are not affording yourself the chance to learn you class better. Nothing teaches us like adversity. When you know you're going to loose you should take that chance to try new rotations and other tactics.

I'm sorry I just can't find a legitimate excuse to quit a WZ. Odds are by the time you get into the next WZ the one you quit is over and those people have that much more valor, exp and credits and you just look like a tool.

***Edit***

After having some intelligent replies I have changed my stance somewhat to say that there are valid reasons for quitting.

1. The player is under a time restriction and would prefer to seek a winning game than to spend time on an obvious losing game. (I don't like this reason, but I still see it as valid.)

2. Where at team (specifically on Civil War) runs one by one to the horde to get slaughtered. Yeah there just isn't a reason to stick that game out unless no matter what happens in the game you're going to level.

3. If quitting the WZ prevents you from breaking something in RL.

Edited by Abimelech

limited amount of time to play + already battlemaster -> want to beat daily

Probably this ... also the other poster said most likely because they suck at PvP. I don't think it's that - I think they are not 'into PvP' - it's not their thing. But they realize the PvP gear might complete their PvE set quickly with a random chance of landing them - might be faster in their head to bounce from WZ to WZ to do the weekly pvp reward to land those bags to get that equipment than farming HM flashpoints.

The people who quit a warzone are the people who are bad at PvP, and only do it for the wins.

Simple as that.

Garbage. I play pvp because I enjoy a competative fight.

Being stunlocked to death, or being killed in 8 hits, or having no chance when out numbered 5 - 8 is not an enjoyable competative experience. As I pay for this game, why should I waste my time on an experience I am not going to enjoy?

Being stunlocked to death, or being killed in 8 hits, or having no chance when out numbered 5 - 8 is not an enjoyable competative experience. As I pay for this game, why should I waste my time on an experience I am not going to enjoy?

Clearly you don't enjoy a competitive fight if you're not willing to fight against the odds. If you don't enjoy PvP, then don't PvP.

The people who quit a warzone are the people who are bad at PvP, and only do it for the wins.

Simple as that.

Yup when I tell people to cap certain point in civil war and they do a 3 way split causing us to lose yes that is my fault I'm terrible so I leave. Yeah at 60 valor the only reason people do wz is for wins if you want 65 valor you do ilum. You remind me of a bad player who thinks he sticks it out it means he is good. I'm all for a hard win, but if in the first 10s they can cap because everyone is to busy fighting in the middle that is a easy loss. I leave everyone of those games and I'm damn proud of it I don't support bad players. I also stay to the very end on those 1-1 games where it all comes down to who is holding the ball at the end. So I'll give you that some are probably bad, but I will also say blame BW for making it that way why waste 15m on getting farmed.

limited amount of time to play + already battlemaster -> want to beat daily

Bioware, THIS IS WHY YOU NEED TO CHANGE IT TO TOTAL GAMES COMPLETE INSTEAD OF WINS! MAKE DIFFERENT TITLES FOR NUMBER OF WINS FOR REWARDS. BUT DAILIES AND WEEKLIES NEED TO BE BASED ON NUMBER OF COMPLETE GAMES. THIS WAY NO ONE QUITS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO INCENTIVE AFTER REACHING VALOR LVL 60 TO STAY IN THE GAME FOR VALOR XP. AND CREDITS AREN'T WORTH ANYTHING. AND GIVING REGULAR XP ONCE YOU HIT 50??? PLEASE.

Seriously I see it in lvl 50 WZ games and 1-49 brackets as well. Why do you "quit", "magically get disconnected", or whatever lame excuse you have when things start getting bad in a WZ?

I do not quit because we are losing. I get exp, valor and credits whether we win or lose so it's all gravy there

I do, however, quit when it becomes incredibly frustrating to play or so many incredibly stupid mistakes are made I want to punch a duck

Example: last night in Huttball we had a Powertech on the opposing team run the ball. They ran straight into our pit. They weren't booted down, didn't fall down, they went there on purpose. I (a Concealment Op) started scouting the edges of our goal area for the guy I KNEW was there. Don't know how I missed em but sure enough, they showed up, PT tossed the ball, score.

1. As a level 31 Op I cannot yet obliterate people that are 10m from the goal

2. How is it I was the only person able to figure out 'tank carrier in pit = toss up to goal'?

Same exact game, same exact tank runs into the pit AGAIN. Some moron Merc on our team stands on the edge and popped a Death From Above. Yes, as expected, the PT jumped up, pounded the Merc and scored

We lost 3-1. That was a game that was worth quitting. I'd rather sit on the Fleet or farm something while waiting for a pop than be frustrated in a WZ

A game I DID quit last night... Civil War. We tag a side turret, team leaves me alone. 4-5 of the other team show up together and take it. I tell them three times to not leave a turret with one guard, and they yell at me for not alerting them sooner. What? Then... on top of this the other team ends up capping all 3 turrets. How exactly does that happen? Yeah, it was time to log and go to bed after that

Edited by Mazikeen

Just for the record, I have been booted out of Warzones due to no fault of my own. That being said, it is annoying when people leave because they are losing.

I agree I've had that happen to myself as well. Honestly there are legitimate reasons why people are no longer in a WZ but 90% or more of it is people quitting.

I understand someone just wanting to complete a daily and not needing the valor, but quitting still makes you a tool.

However for those who are under 50 who quit make no sense.

I agree I've had that happen to myself as well. Honestly there are legitimate reasons why people are no longer in a WZ but 90% or more of it is people quitting.

I understand someone just wanting to complete a daily and not needing the valor, but quitting still makes you a tool.

However for those who are under 50 who quit make no sense.

When the opposing side has a premade group with all BM / Champ / Cent. gear and your in a PUG, it can be down right stupid to stick around. Would you feel you have a competitive chance against a steam roller 1 v 1?

When the opposing team has 12 peeps to your 8, that is a good reason to just bail unless your in a premade with all BM / Champ gear.

When the opposing team in hut ball is obviously doing something fishy and scores 5 goals in 3 minutes and then proceeds to just farm kills / valor, that could be a good reason to leave.

Until BW fixes these issues they cannot force anyone to stay or penalize legit players and leave hackers / exploiters unpunished. IE, when they decide to fix / take action, then that would be the time to address the leaving of a WZ.

I will quit a warzone if I pop into a 0-3 Hutball deficit or if it is a PUG that gets three capped in Alderaan. I get 2 hours to play a night and complete my daily and don't have time for fail. Normally I am in a group and don't have to worry about what the randoms do. If, however, I am solo and grouped with people who don't know what they were doing, I have no compunction at leaving them and actually making some progress toward my dailies.

Before you think this is a thread about why PvE is better, it isn't.

Seriously you just wasted your time and have nothing to show for it. It isn't like there is a stat tracker for wins/losses. Personally I'd rather take the loss and get the valor, exp (where applicable), and the credits. Also when you quit you are not affording yourself the chance to learn you class better. Nothing teaches us like adversity. When you know you're going to loose you should take that chance to try new rotations and other tactics.

I'm sorry I just can't find a legitimate excuse to quit a WZ. Odds are by the time you get into the next WZ the one you quit is over and those people have that much more valor, exp and credits and you just look like a tool.

To piss you off.

i agree. when you que up as much wz's as i have. when you get in you can tell how bad the team is going to suck because you recognize the names. why in the **** would you purposely waste your life when you need to complete a daily.

oh yeah you dont get credit for wins anyways so i might as well stay with the losing team