Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Rate SWTOR out of 10.

Papazooki

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10/10 for Leveling

It is pretty easy to pick up the game and start leveling. The story is fun and makes it interesting. It can also be challanging at times especially when you are in a zone to high for your level.

Endgame - 10/10

This is just my opinion but I feel No MMO out there truely has any end game content. Raid raid raid, pvp pvp pvp is not truely end game. There is no feeling of progression when you are capped and only get loot or points. Rating this section low is unfair.

I gave it a 10 because end game content wise i rate it based on doing everything the game has to offer and seeing the end credits. There are 8 classes, each of which have its own story line to follow up to 50. Each class has 5 companions who also have there own story line to follow. I highly doubt that anyone playing the game this early in has gotten 8 classes to 50, done every flashpoint and op, and finished all of there companion quests. At that point you have truely reached end game.

Got a 50? so what roll another toon, play through the story and hopefully the level cap will be upped by the time you get all the classes to 50. and you can get your first character even higher.

Graphics/Sound - 9/10

Interface - 5/10

Levels 1-49 PvE - 9/10

Level 50 endgame PvE - 5/10

PvP - 3/10

Total - 31/50. 62%, grade D-. Endgame content and PvP really brings the whole score down. It's just plain lacking. Little content, very grindy, very unoriginal. Easily able to get the best of everything within a few weeks of being max level. Everything before level 50? Absolutely fantastic.

Needs work. Betting it will get the improvements it needs, but rating the game as it is *now*, not as it *will be*, it gets a 31/50.

Edited by Mhak

10/10 Leveling/Story. I did enjoy it. It wasn't too long. Anyone who says the quests were too similar apparently haven't play many MMO's. And most story lines are good. Which is way above what most MMO's do.

5/10 End game. They had the general stuff. Hard modes. Raids. Problem is gearing, far too easy. And also makes crafting even more worthless than it already is. Good thing there's no dungeon finder, it'd become even easier.

1/10 Crafting. It needs a LOT of work.

2/10 Dailies. I shouldn't expect much, but it's very bland.

7/10 Space Fight. I enjoy them. On rails or not it was done good. But they need to add some new challenges for 50's with top ship upgrades. They should make them level up with you and remove the copy/paste versions.

5/10 PvP. I don't care much for MMO PvP, but they didn't do a bad job. I put it down to a 5 because I hate it when PvP changes have such an effect in PvE. (Marauder BTW, not Op/assassin.)

Overall I guess I give it a 5/10. This game has so much potential it's crazy. And it's such a let down to be at 50 with the feeling I have nothing to do.

9/10 Leveling/Story. I did enjoy it immensily for first character. Had to do EVERYTHING.

Later ones does suffer from that a larger and larger part of quests are the same on later planets. But still great as in part get around that by doing more PvP/Space Missions then. Do dailies a few days, then continue =)

5/10 End game. I see a lot of potential. But in my guild, three raiding groups had all but one boss on nightmare down before 1.1. Tells me things are a bit too easy. Sadly with new work etc, my own involvement havn't been as much as I'd like, so only done normal yet. But a lot of the bugs we've encountered on some bosses are fixed now, so think this will over the month go up to a 7/10.

And with more content that's hopefully a lot harder.. it might continue to be as high, if not even higher.

4/10 Crafting. I like the base system a lot really, but there should be a bit more in it. Having read what's coming, I hope that will help it a bit. Especially if more good things are BoE. Makes crafting more worth it. Making it EASIER with LESS mats isn't something I need to see. But having MORE, and being able to give it to others is something I definatly would like to see. Half the reason for me to have a second account is because I like crafting, and all have Crew Skills across all my characters (and to be able to do that, without limiting myself to be only playing one side... I needed two accounts =D

I think this will go up as BW adds more. And I definatly hope they add very rare, and more random post T2 things. Legendaries!

They should be very hard to learn. And limited to just a few on each server. But there should be a hint towards if there is a chance.. as well as a hint towards if the server limit already reached.

3/10 Dailies. I should do them more. But havn't bothered too for most part. More exiting ones would be good =D

But for me... doing the same do not have the same enjoyment, as doing something fresh.

6/10 Space Fight. I enjoy them for most part. In small doses. Very fun at start, but having done some of them countless times, having more of them able to be done at all "tires" would be good. Also I hope that when whatever they're working on here comes... that it shall make this score remain, or go up.... instead of going down as I expect it in the months to come.

5/10 PvP. I never liked PvP in WoW. Loved part of the PvP in WAR. In SWTOR I find two of the three WZ quite OK, and fun at times. With the seperation of 50s into a seperate bracket, it helped a lot. If I put this score to my lvl 26 PvP alt only, I'd have said an 8 on it. Across all characters though, its a 5.

The mistake on Ilum especially lost 2 points. I really hope they make sure that those that abused Ilum after 1.1 loose all gained Valor, and that those that then will be under lvl 60 wont be able to wear their battlegear.

As its for now, I find lvl 50 PvPing a lot less interesting, as I see lots of cheaters wearing gear they dont deserve =)

[to all those that got it fairly, I give a big thumbs up, and feel sad that their achievement is made so much less because of all those others].

So my Last Total Score would be:

7/10. A great game. That had me a 9/10 while leveling up the first to 50.

One that with some small fixes/extra content in PvP, Crafting and especially Endgame will go back up to 8 or 9 again. I have big hopes its on the way.... so most likly SWTOR will have a loyal two-account-paying guy for years to come.

9/10 for my first level 50 toon leveling

2/10 end game for level 50 ( boring as hell )

6/10 for alt leveling, both sides have mirrored zones, very lazy map generation.

Crafting 3/10, not even worth doing a second time round.

Game lacks many of the things i have grown to love in other games.

The social concept is just not here, very much a solo game, just nothing going on for 90% of the players on planet.

Neutral alignment has not gear available ( this is just crazy )

Space combat great first time round, boring second time round.

game is getting harder and harder to stay on more than 1 hour at a time.

Won't be long before I quit for good.

Awesome launch and leveling through for the first time, then the game is cooked.

Edited by Chimeran

So many people here expecting a game to come along and make theyre lives livable.. If your life sucks you will complain.

7/10 so far (there are kinks to be worked out, such as Ilum), and i'm guessing it will get better aswell :)

All and all good launch, and fun game+pretty helpfull and friendly playerbase (The ones not spending most of theyre time on the forums complaining about a game they say they have no intention of playing)

the game gest a solid 7.5-8/10 overall from me. Awesome leveling experience and solid endgame for a newly released game. The rating will probly go up to 9-9.5/10 after the first big content patch which will bring more things to the table.

So many people here expecting a game to come along and make theyre lives livable.. If your life sucks you will complain.

My life doesn't suck, yet this game manages to help a bit along that course. Your logic is fail.

8/10 For the effort of trying to create an enjoyable MMO full of immersion into my favourite franchise

4/10 For the released product

Haven't reached End Game yet. So for leveling I'll go with - 8.5/10

It's getting better though. It started with a 6 or 7. But the game gets more exciting and interesting as I progress more. The early stages are a little dull.

I'm not too worried about End Game. I feel that by the time I get there, more stuff will be added to the game. And then I'm obviously gonna want to start new characters and such. Waiting for SGRA before I start my Jedi.

But I'm very much impressed with my Inquisitor so far.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.