[Guide] Reverse Engineering

Slaign

Not sure if this has been pointed out at all in Lonestrangers FlowChart. The chart makes it look like you can crit a "tier 2 artifact" into a "Mastercraft". As I understand shouldn't you be making "Prefix 2 Superior" and when that crits it becomes a "Mastercraft"??? Just something that was a bit confusing with that FlowChart.

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*Note: You may notice that I say there are 15 Tier 2 Prefixes, but only list 14. This is because to date, no one has found the 15th. Based on how the system works, this 15th prefix should exist, but there have been no reports of it ever being found. I believe this to be a bug.

Please forgive me if I am wrong or if this has already been mentioned, but I was looking at your guide today (it's awesome, by the way!) and started thinking... IS it a bug? Or is it intentional?

The reason I think it might be intentional is that I play a Jedi Shadow tank and alacrity does absolutely zilch for me. I asked a friend who plays a trooper and he says that Trooper Vangard tanks would never get any use out of alacrity either. In both cases 95% of your abilities are instants, and of the other 5% they aren't used for tanking. I'd have to verify this hypothesis by asking someone who plays a Jedi Guardian or the Imperial versions of the tank builds, but its entirely possible that Bioware left out the +defense/+alacrity combination because there was no build in the game that would use it.

Please forgive me if I am wrong or if this has already been mentioned, but I was looking at your guide today (it's awesome, by the way!) and started thinking... IS it a bug? Or is it intentional?

the usefulness of def/alacrity isn't that much worse then power/shield, crit/shield or def/surge. if it was intentional, you'd expect them to remove those too. at least I would.

the usefulness of def/alacrity isn't that much worse then power/shield, crit/shield or def/surge. if it was intentional, you'd expect them to remove those too. at least I would.

I agree. Other useless combo's are in the game. So the fact that defense+alacrity is not in the game seems more like an oversight than intentional.

So if I'm reading this right this thread says that it's 100% proven that a crafter can crit a orange schem and get a gun that has 4 slots (empty aug slot) or even a gun with a aug slot and a extra mod slot? A single gun with a barrel, mod, mod, enhan, aug? I haven't even seen a gun with a aug slot. I have seen ear pieces with augs, implants with augs, but I have not seen a relic with a aug either. Can anyone comfirm a gun or a relic with a aug slot? Edited by Apogi

so if I'm reading this right it says that it's 100% proven that a crafter can crit a orange schem and get a gun that has 4 slots (empty aug slot) or even a gun with a aug slot and a extra mod slot? A single gun with a armor, mod, mod, enhan, aug? I haven't even seen a gun with a aug slot. I have seen ear pieces with augs, implants with augs, but I have not seen a relic with a aug either. Can anyone comfirm a gun or a relic with a aug slot?

It IS possible to craft a customizable gun with augment slot. But only the max level gun schematics that are bought from the Armstech trainer (same deal with orange Lightsaber schematics that are bought from the Artifice trainer).

It is NOT possible to RE a gun with an augment slot and obtain a schematic for a gun+augment slot.

And yes it IS possible to craft a relic with an augment slot, but only the max level relics that are bought from the Artifice trainer.

Don't have a screenshot myself, but I have seen plenty of screenshots of orange guns + augment and relics + augment slots on these forums.

Edited by Rhaphael

Thank you for this useful guide.

I'm looking for a green schematic (ear) that should exist...

The gear will be for tank (with end, strength, and maybe defense/shield or defense/accuracy), and i would like to RE the green one (following the prefix path), but it seems the trainer can only teach a green schem with end/strength/defense and... surge :confused:

What have i missed ?

ah, first thanks for this useful guide.

i want to ask a few questions and share my expierence on this.

mentionable is that there is purple based items in this game(for example rakata relics), i wonder if the are improveable.(since they seems to be able to crit)

and second that, for blue based items does it include both learned from trainer and schematics?

also i found it seems the chance does increase for each item you r/ed, but if you went making another and r/e it it dosent affect your chance on current item.

interestingly i have never got schem on first craft of an item. i wonder is this a proof of my previous theory.

mentionable is that there is purple based items in this game(for example rakata relics), i wonder if the are improveable.(since they seems to be able to crit)

no one was able to prove it yet and we can't of course prove otherwise. Probably not many people try, due rarity of resources. patch 1.2 will improve RE chance maybe we'll see then.

and second that, for blue based items does it include both learned from trainer and schematics

Yes, it does.

Not sure if this has been pointed out at all in Lonestrangers FlowChart. The chart makes it look like you can crit a "tier 2 artifact" into a "Mastercraft". As I understand shouldn't you be making "Prefix 2 Superior" and when that crits it becomes a "Mastercraft"??? Just something that was a bit confusing with that FlowChart.

Thank you for taking a look at the flowchart. So many questions in this thread could be answered quickly if people just took the time to read it.

I think you might be confusing the "schematic" and "actual item" steps in the chart. I split them up to make it easier to see the result of crafts and the results of RE. Notice the background of the box is lighter for schematics that you know/learn and the box for the items crafted are darker.

When you make a Tier 2 artifact, you usually end up with a Superior item, which might really only signify that it's the end of the line for that item and it can't be RE'd to anything more. If you happen to crit on that craft, you can end up with a Mastercraft item which has the augment slot.

If I misunderstood your question, please let me know.

The gear will be for tank (with end, strength, and maybe defense/shield or defense/accuracy), and i would like to RE the green one (following the prefix path), but it seems the trainer can only teach a green schem with end/strength/defense and... surge :confused:

What have i missed ?

Check a couple levels down. There's a recipe for a Nerve Dampening module or something like that with the stats you are looking for and has a lvl 47 requirement.

I am wondering, can anyone confirm that it is, in fact possible to critical craft an orange item?

I looked through the previous patch notes looking for anything regarding a change to make them possible to critically craft but haven't seen anything, despite talk in the first few posts of this thread that it was now possible.

I am wondering, can anyone confirm that it is, in fact possible to critical craft an orange item?

I looked through the previous patch notes looking for anything regarding a change to make them possible to critically craft but haven't seen anything, despite talk in the first few posts of this thread that it was now possible.

Currently, only orange weapons can be crit crafted (augment slot) both guns and lightsabers. But BW has mentioned that in the next big patch in March that orange armors will be able to get augment slots also.

**bug question**

Cybertechs can reverse engineer shields and focuses, but when attempting to do so, recieve no materials and the item is destroyed with an error message saying "There is no reverse engineering information for this item." This is a bug, as Artifice is the craft for reverse engineering shields and focuses.

I have been reverse engeneering the focus lvl 19 and it did work i got the blue one and purple one...

now i am trying to get the lvl 23 forcus i got 2 blue one (overkill and critical) but i didnt get the purple one yet... (and i did try a lot)

I was wondering if maybe it's the bug u were talking about or it's just bad luck

so if i get things right you can only improve a green item learned fromt tainer to T1 Artifact item.

and a blue item learned from trainer can be improved to a T2 Artifact

or is it the fact that a green item learned from trainer can be improved to a mastercraft artifact item(witch i think how it is)

so if i get things right you can only improve a green item learned fromt tainer to T1 Artifact item.

and a blue item learned from trainer can be improved to a T2 Artifact

or is it the fact that a green item learned from trainer can be improved to a mastercraft artifact item(witch i think how it is)

From Trainers

Green = Base item > RE > Blue item = T1 > RE > Purple item = T2

Blue = Base item > RE > Purple 1 = T1 > RE > Purple = T2

T1 = Critical/Overkill/Redoubt prefixes giving crit, power or, defense

T2 = 5 prefixes from each T1 will add surge, alacrity, shield, presence, or accuracy.

the redoubt has one broken prefix for only 4

All T2's are Tagged with [superior] . If you crit on the crafting you get [Mastercraft] to replace superior and an aug slot

Thank you for taking a look at the flowchart. So many questions in this thread could be answered quickly if people just took the time to read it.

I think you might be confusing the "schematic" and "actual item" steps in the chart. I split them up to make it easier to see the result of crafts and the results of RE. Notice the background of the box is lighter for schematics that you know/learn and the box for the items crafted are darker.

When you make a Tier 2 artifact, you usually end up with a Superior item, which might really only signify that it's the end of the line for that item and it can't be RE'd to anything more. If you happen to crit on that craft, you can end up with a Mastercraft item which has the augment slot.

If I misunderstood your question, please let me know.

Thanks for the clarification. I figured there was something I missed. It's definitely a great breakdown and tool to use to understand the RE system.

Not trying to rub it in but last night I RE'd two of the same items for Purple schematics and got two different ones back to back. Guess I need to play the lottery lol.

Has anyone gotten anything from Redoubt Beskar'gam Armguards yet? If I understand that convoluted flowchart it should be capable of another RE to T2 but I've never seen anything higher then rating 126, even if its not changing color it would be superior to 126, and should have a higher rating although I know it likely won't because it's not changing color or "Tier" which is stupid.

Has anyone gotten anything from Redoubt Beskar'gam Armguards yet? If I understand that convoluted flowchart it should be capable of another RE to T2 but I've never seen anything higher then rating 126, even if its not changing color it would be superior to 126, and should have a higher rating although I know it likely won't because it's not changing color or "Tier" which is stupid.

It can go to T2, but all blue starting schematics do only get one rating augmentation. From purple to purple there is no rating augmentation, it stays as an artifact.

is anyone else waiting now to RE stuff until the patch or are you still trying for schematics, and if so what kind of success are you getting. At the moment I seem to be getting one every 15-20 crafts. Also, does affection of the character that crafts the item make any difference?

Thanks OP for taking the time to put together this very informative guide.

I have a quick question. I created 2 batches of 15 Redoubt Immunity Modules (Tier 1 Earpieces (blue) ) for a total of 30. I RE'd the first 15 last night and another 15 this morning and have not discovered any schematic for the next tier up (Artifact). I accept that this may simply be bad luck on my rolls but was wondering if any others are having the same poor RE vs Learned schematic ratio? or is this maybe connected with the issue with the redoubt prefix described in the known bugs and issues?

I had no messages during the RE process just plain and simple returned materials.

Cheers.

I was wondering how to get schematics too. Some people say you need to reverse engineer a batch of items to get a more powerful schematic for the item. It took me a couple of days to figure out how to get the schematics. I found it easier to get schematics when I logged on this morning and went to a crafting trainer, just as you would go to an advanced class trainer to learn more techniques. I learned at least 3 new schematics. I hope this was helpful if you didn't already find the answer to your question.:w_big_grin: