[Guide] Reverse Engineering

Slaign

I just got a schematic for Tionese Implants, if I reverse enginner is it possible to lears the schemaic for columni implant? or just tionese with augment slot?

It it follows normal implants way, RE will give you T1 (critical/redoubt/overkill) then T2

which can be critically crafted to gain augment slot.

But if it needs hard mode flashpoint / operation crafting materials (like biometric alloy) no one has confirmed yet the possibility to RE such successfully (as each class has rakata schematics to RE from trainers).

So if you wan to try RE-ing them do keep those facts in mind (or wait for patch 1.2 when it should be less buggy)

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello fellow crafters...

Please, I need a definite explanation to this.

Can I reverse engineer a purple item for different version when the base was green?

To be more specific:

Schematic bought at vendor -> Renegade Blaster -> Critical Renegade Blaster -> Leadership Renegade Blaster (Superior). Now what Im wondering is, if I keep re-engi that Leadership blaster, will it eventually give me another purple with a different pre-fix?

Another question is, that I cant get this weapon past Blue: http://db.darthhater.com/recipes/1800/ion_x_blaster/. I have tried 40-50 times without success. Bug or Feature?

1. No you can't further RE that Leadership blaster. If you want a different prefix you need to keep RE'ing the blue version (the Critical one in your case).

2. Yes you can RE it further to purple. Sometimes if you're really unlucky it can take >100 tries though. On the other hand you could get lucky and get it on your next RE. It's all random.

Edited by Rhaphael

I just got a schematic for Tionese Implants, if I reverse enginner is it possible to lears the schemaic for columni implant? or just tionese with augment slot?

No Tionese stuff can't be upgraded further. You can get an Augment slot on it though, that's the best you can do.

Edited by Rhaphael

1. No you can't further RE that Leadership blaster. If you want a different prefix you need to keep RE'ing the blue version (the Critical one in your case).

2. Yes you can RE it further to purple. Sometimes if you're really unlucky it can take >100 tries though. On the other hand you could get lucky and get it on your next RE. It's all random.

THank you very much for clearing up my questions. Much obliged!

this one Vrock

http://db.darthhater.com/recipes/armstech/blaster_pistol/

All the recipe tooltips don't show any of the prefix's. It's whats gotten me a bit confused.

The recipes found on most external sites are incomplete, to say the least. They build those by datamining the client. If you look through this thread, you'll see several screen shots of items that have been upgraded. In every case, the tool tip in-game shows the prefix we're talking about in this thread.

Have to disagree with this one:

2. Can I reverse engineer dropped or quest items?

Sometimes, a dropped or quest item will be possible to reverse engineer. Other times, it won't. I can't give a hard and fast rule for this, you'll simply have to check. Either way, all you will get is materials. There have been no reports of receiving schematics from reverse engineering dropped or quested items.

As I know for a fact I have done so several times with an armstech character. Sure they were low level green weapons, but I still learned the schematic.

You don't learn it every time though since I tried repeatedly to do it again. Its completely random and on the very low side (like 1 in 200 low) but it can happen.

Most people don't notce it because they usually RE thier own crafteds and for a lot of armor drops they aren't REable at least that I've noticed. Some are REable. Its kinda weird really.

But weapons are a different story. Pretty much any green weapon you find you can RE as long as you are high enough to RE it. And they don't vendor for much so I always just REed them for mats and every now and then I'd get that "Learned a Schematic" and I'd check and sure enough that stupid schematic for a green doodad that I have no use for is there. Guns (all types) seemed to be the only thing that happened to. Whether this is intentional or a bug I don't know. I know I've never learned a lightsaber on my artificers this way.

Sadly I deleted the character a few weeks ago (couldn't get the hang of a gunslinger so I got rid of the character to use the name I liked), so I can't give you proof. I do recall gaining a schematic for an assault cannon with cunning on it. Like I said, useless green doodad weapons that might just have been some kind of bug.

Wow, the crafting and RE system is far more complex than I knew. It's almost depressignly deep, the sheer amount of materials, time, money, and luck involved in RE things to get the various blue versions, let alone the purples, is downright mindboggling, and frankly discouraging. I have little desire to put myself through that after reading this.

You have to get heaps and heaps of the rarer materials to make the blues, in order for a small chance at the purples...gulp. Sometimes just getting a blue version of something is feat in itself.

Correct Sir

Having spent weeks messing about with biochem I learned all the low level adrenals, stims and medpacks that could be reused (all the epic versions) but req biochem. This took a load of mats which at the time sold for 500 credits per mat no matter if it was green goo or quick growth. Prices have changed right now

Then once I learned you could level artifice for the rakata relics which crit (these are bis the power one) and you can then level up armoring for my operative to crit on bracers or belt (10 crafts sofar no crit) I took up this idea and dumped a massive time investment in biochem to level each craft in turn to 400.

After all this messing about wasting loads of mats/credits and loads of time I will have to re level bichem just to be able to use the cool stuff again. Hoping that I do crit with bracers or belt I will have gained 3 augument slots in my rakata gear thats a total of 28 cunning x3 = 84 cunning.

So what I learned from all of this when I leveled up my 2nd toon to 50 was.. don't bother learning anything from reverse engineer unless you want to waste loads of time and credits for little reward.

So what I learned from all of this when I leveled up my 2nd toon to 50 was.. don't bother learning anything from reverse engineer unless you want to waste loads of time and credits for little reward.

I wouldn't say this is entirely true. I have Artifice on one of my alts that's only level 18. I've been making and REing the hilts that I can currently make until I get the "Advanced" version of each. I sell those Advanced hilts (the ones for levels 11 thru 19) on the GTN for 5-8k each. That may not seem like much for a level 50 character, but I've found it more then pays for things at my level. I've had an average of 40k in the bank all the way from level 11 up to 18 even after buying whatever I want/need freely...during that time my friends were all stuck at 2 or 3k.

I'm going to look stupid if this has been asked and answered already, but can the special prototype schematics (to wit, not the ones that you can buy from the crafting vendor) be reverse engineered to achieve a schematic upgrade? For example, the RD-12B War Boots. Could that potentially be turned into a purple?

When an item improves from Tier 1 Prefix to a Tier 2 Prefix, the same thing happens as going from Base to Tier 1 Prefix. A second new stat is added. While the original stats present on the Base item retain the same values throughout the improvement process, the stat gained from the Tier 1 Prefix (Critical, Defense, or Power) will improve when this happens. The end result is a better item with a total of 2 additional stats in comparison to the Base item.

I am not quite following the bit about the tier 1 stat improving.

This item example you listed http://oi42.tinypic.com/23r1rgm.jpg has the same values for the tier 1 stat on the tier 2 items.

Oh also forgot to add thanks for an excellent thread, and well done flow chart guy really helps me visualise :D

Edited by -Azimov-

Exactly correct. It'll cost a lot of mats and you'll have to get lucky to get the right pattern, but yes, perfectly possible to get Expert from an Overkill blue Schem.

No, I am asking if it is possible to get expert from an overkill purple schem

Yes, those can be RE'd.

they can be, but idk if you can get a teir 2 prefix on them from RE'ing the purple. They start as blue, you can get the teir 1 prefix, but to get the teir 2 prefix, I have yet to do it, and it is expensive in terms of mando iron.

I am not quite following the bit about the tier 1 stat improving.

This item example you listed http://oi42.tinypic.com/23r1rgm.jpg has the same values for the tier 1 stat on the tier 2 items.

Oh also forgot to add thanks for an excellent thread, and well done flow chart guy really helps me visualise :D

I will hat to check, but the full tree to be affordable was done on a low level items.

On level 49/50 there is a slight stat increase (less than 10% I think which would not show on low level items).

Edit For armors.

It might be a threshold value for the stats to raise or piece linked (body armor / bracer...)

in synthweaving, level 49 arch savant bracers in critical have 25 power, 25 critical; in T2 endowment they get 28 surge only (base blue).

level 49 carbon fiber armor have in redoubt T1 have a +43 defense rating, I have 3 T2 and they all have + 48 defense ratings +extra stats (presence, accuracy, shield).

I have boots, belt, bracer that are T2 at this level, they do not get a stat boost from T1 to T2 apart from the new stat.

I have a carbon fiber head gear, in redoubt it has 63 defense, in T2 it gets to 68 defense rating bonus.

From this I would say that armor pieces that can have orange schematics (head, body, legs) gets a stat bonus, the others (bracers, belts, boots, gloves) do not but I do not have gloves nor leggins level 49+ RE-ed to T2 yet.

Edited by Delrusant

From this I would say that armor pieces that can have orange schematics (head, body, legs) gets a stat bonus, the others (bracers, belts, boots, gloves) do not but I do not have gloves nor leggins level 49+ RE-ed to T2 yet.

Thanks for the clarification.

So the increase can happen but it isn't all items, and the increase is slight.

Can anyone tell me if Endowment Arch-Savant Bracers actually exist in game?

I have RE'd Critical Arch-Savant Bracers about 55 times with no luck. Do the T2 versions take a long time to get or am I just wasting my creds?

Thanks,

Can anyone tell me if Endowment Arch-Savant Bracers actually exist in game?

I have RE'd Critical Arch-Savant Bracers about 55 times with no luck. Do the T2 versions take a long time to get or am I just wasting my creds?

Thanks,

Endowment Arch-savant bracers

it does indeed, but does not sell very well (cost 8 silks to craft)

Edited by Delrusant

That's not exactly right.

The way it works is that, when upgrading an item from T1 -> T2, if the Base item was premium quality, the T2 item will gain an additional boost to the T1 stat.

However, if the base item was prototype quality, then, when upgrading from T1 -> T2, it will only gain the T2 stat.

Assuming both items have the same stat budget, and the T2 item has the same Armor Rating, then they will end up gaining the same amount of extra stats by the time they reach T2. For example:

If you have a pair of Premium 108 Bracers.

T1 -> +22 T1 stat

T2 -> +3 T1 stat, +28 T2 stat

And if you have a pair of Prototype 118 Bracers.

T1 -> +25 T1 stat

T2 -> +28 T2 stat

Edit:

For clarification, here's the stat weights for all level 49+ RE items. You can see from this how it works better. The total stats added through RE are a function of the item's final Rating, and it's stat budget (i.e. slot). Regardless of the quality of the initial item, the T2 item will have the same amount of additional stats added to it through the RE process.

Premium Base Item | Rating 108 | Stat Budget: Chest/Helm/Legs/Weapon

T1 upgrade -> Prototype Item | Rating 118 | +43 to T1 stat

T2 upgrade -> Artifact Item | Rating 126 | +5 to T1 stat, +48 to T2 stat

Premium Base Item | Rating 108 | Stat Budget: Gloves/Boots/Earpieces/Implants

T1 upgrade -> Prototype Item | Rating 118 | +35 to T1 stat

T2 upgrade -> Artifact Item | Rating 126 | +5 to T1 stat, +40 to T2 stat

Premium Base Item | Rating 108 | Stat Budget: Bracers/Belts

T1 upgrade -> Prototype Item | Rating 118 | +22 to T1 stat

T2 upgrade -> Artifact Item | Rating 126 | +3 to T1 stat, +28 to T2 stat

Prototype Base Item | Rating 118 | Stat Budget: Gloves/Boots/Earpieces/Implants

T1 upgrade -> Artifact Item | Rating 126 | +40 to T1 stat

T2 upgrade -> Artifact Item | Rating 126 | +40 to T2 stat

Prototype Base Item | Rating 118 | Stat Budget: Bracers/Belts

T1 upgrade -> Artifact Item | Rating 126 | +25 to T1 Stat

T2 upgrade -> Artifact Item | Rating 126 | +28 to T2 Stat

Premium Base Item | Rating 106 | Stat Budget: Chest/Helm/Legs/Weapon

T1 upgrade -> Prototype Item | Rating 116 | +41 to T1 stat

T2 upgrade -> Artifact Item | Rating 124 | +6 to T1 stat, +47 to T2 stat

Prototype Base Item | Rating 116 | Stat Budget: Chest/Helm/Legs/Weapon

T1 upgrade -> Artifact Item | Rating 124 | +47 to T1 stat

T2 upgrade -> Artifact Item | Rating 124 | +47 to T2 stat

Edited by Anavarra
adding information

Im sorry if I skipped over it, if it was posted here as there is alot of information here.

is there a list (For Cypertech) of what can be RE'd to what? Sort of a check list. I am trying to work my way up to all the available patterns.

Thank you for your time.