[Guide] Reverse Engineering

Slaign

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This rather amazing occurrence happened after an exceptionally long dry-spell, so my theory is that there's an algorithm working behind the scenes that has a random chance, but the chance improves every time you don't get a schematic. However, that theory doesn't explain the 4-in-a-row, unless it doesn't reset, but just uses a chunk of the chance you had accumulated.

The Random Number Generator on computers is NOT truly random. That is shown best when you see a streak like this occur :)

Can I take the crystal out of say a Columi lightsaber and RE the purple crystal to learn to make it?

So far there hasn't been any confirmation about learning schematics from items "in the wild". You can only learn from trainers and the clickable item schematics. Feel free to test it though and report back.

Two issues I have here:

1 - Something that's been bugging me lately that I need to get off my chest and that's white armor sold at the majority vendors. I'm pretty much beyond baffled of how useless that stuff is. So why not allow to be reversible, Bioware?

I think it would pretty much re-establish its value at the very least to Synthweavers. Most of the white armor looks pretty nice too if only we could get schematics out of it. Would make sense to me ~ Buy about 6 of a particular white wearable, reverse engineer it and up my chance of getting a green recipe and then work on turning it blue and so fourth..

2 - As a Synthweaver[400] I'm really not happy about the lack of orange schematics. We were told those will come from "Underworld trade returns" but so far all I've been getting is armormech recipes. I was really hoping that by now, I'd have full sets in orange, and the only one I have is the Anointed Zeyd-Cloth, and that's just the head, chest and lower.. no gloves, boots, or belt.

So as a Synthweaver, I'd like to ask Bioware to give us more orange schematics. Personally I'd rather just buy them off my skill trainer, but at the very least, add more to the trade returns. Most the the Orange schematics from the GTN are pretty much the same stuff I've got already and its getting awfully dull. :t_frown:

Hello,

So this may or may not be news as I haven't trawled the rest of these pages and there is a caveat below, however, I have successfully REd a purple item:

Original Item: Overkill BM-83 parts

New Item: Expert BM-83 parts [superior]

Both are identical other than the addition of +10 surge rating on the new item (and the new one required 4 purple materials rather than 2):

+22 Aim

+25 Endurance

+8 Power

+10 Surge Rating

The caveat I meantioned is that droid parts already start as blue - so if there are always 3 linear stages it may be that for droid parts it's blue-purple-better purple. I haven't tried much to RE my other craftables but might dedicate annoying ship droid to that task on a low level one.

2 - As a Synthweaver[400] I'm really not happy about the lack of orange schematics. We were told those will come from "Underworld trade returns" but so far all I've been getting is armormech recipes. I was really hoping that by now, I'd have full sets in orange, and the only one I have is the Anointed Zeyd-Cloth, and that's just the head, chest and lower.. no gloves, boots, or belt.

Well, in my experience UWT gives 50/50 armormech and synth recipes. The best way to get the recipes is just to check GTN once or twice a day. And all the sets come with max 3 pieces and it's always helm, chest, and legs.

So as a Synthweaver, I'd like to ask Bioware to give us more orange schematics. Personally I'd rather just buy them off my skill trainer, but at the very least, add more to the trade returns. Most the the Orange schematics from the GTN are pretty much the same stuff I've got already and its getting awfully dull. :t_frown:

Hahaha my crew are always bringing me orange synthweave schematics from UWT. And I'm an armormech.

Funny thing is, I usually just vendor them since orange armor is pretty well useless.

Hello,

So this may or may not be news as I haven't trawled the rest of these pages and there is a caveat below, however, I have successfully REd a purple item:

Original Item: Overkill BM-83 parts

New Item: Expert BM-83 parts [superior]

Your "original item" is a T1 item (overkill). What no one's sure about it whether a purple base item can be improved.

Well, in my experience UWT gives 50/50 armormech and synth recipes. The best way to get the recipes is just to check GTN once or twice a day. And all the sets come with max 3 pieces and it's always helm, chest, and legs.

Like I said "Most orange schematics I've seen off the GTN are pretty much the same stuff I've got already."

Hahaha my crew are always bringing me orange synthweave schematics from UWT. And I'm an armormech.

Funny thing is, I usually just vendor them since orange armor is pretty well useless.

From the lvl 50's perspective, I can understand what you mean.. Until we're able to get item modifications that are equivalent to OP stats, orange armor is useless which I'm hoping will get fixed sooner than later.

Edited by Darth-Piranha

Can someone please help me further understanding the prefix crafting - specifically this:

If I start with a green item - right now I am working with fusion X blaster. Now I have gotten the (blue) Critical Fusion Blaster X - Then I got the (purple) Surpremacy (I think?) Critical Fusion X blaster.

Is there any further I can go with the purple schem? The stats on it seem pretty weak. Doesnt seem to compare with anything else like champion or columni gear even remotely..

Can someone please help me further understanding the prefix crafting - specifically this:

If I start with a green item - right now I am working with fusion X blaster. Now I have gotten the (blue) Critical Fusion Blaster X - Then I got the (purple) Surpremacy (I think?) Critical Fusion X blaster.

Is there any further I can go with the purple schem? The stats on it seem pretty weak. Doesnt seem to compare with anything else like champion or columni gear even remotely..

No you cannot craft it any further. Crafted gear is at best on par with tionese gear at the given time unfortunately.

You should probably hold on to them at least til 1.2 patch when orange armors can crit. I see an increase in demand when that patch hits.

No you cannot craft it any further. Crafted gear is at best on par with tionese gear at the given time unfortunately.

It depends on what is available for crafting and the PvE items from the vendor. As a cybertech I was able to make a mastercraft earpiece that is better than Rakata in all areas of stats sans endurance (but who cares about endurance as a PvE healer)

Hi, this is more of a complaint than anything else but....

Why in the heck is there a defensive stat for cunning classes? I RE'd 28 blue lvl 49 earpieces today and my first purple has a shield rating? Un-frickin'-believable. I can't even *use* a shield as an Operative. That's a wasted purple, in my opinion. What healer or DPS is going to want it? Severely disappointed with the RE system. :mad:

Can't say I agree with this. The last seven crits on an UWT mission (with a companion at max affection) have yielded 100% Synth recipes. Over the last week, I've gotten four Armormech recipes out of the last 15 recipes which calculates out to roughly 27 percent of the time.

Can't say I agree with this. The last seven crits on an UWT mission (with a companion at max affection) have yielded 100% Synth recipes. Over the last week, I've gotten four Armormech recipes out of the last 15 recipes which calculates out to roughly 27 percent of the time.

You don't have to agree with it. I stated "in my experience". RNG happens differently for different people. Three of my guildmates have hit Battlemaster without ever seeing a weapon while one guildmate, who hit Battlemaster today, has gottan literally 10 of them.

Hello,

First thank you for this informative guide.

I noticed that you state :

You can reverse engineer almost anything you craft. You may also be able to reverse engineer world drops that fall in line with what your crafting skill can make, though this is not always true and results only in materials, not schematics.

Just to confirm: this means that ( other than to get materials) REing an enhancement is not a way to learn a type that I cannot learn form the artifice trainer? :(

Edited by KidRaid

Ok, I'm surfing the GM to see prices for selling my Artifact Overkill Primeval Ardent Blade Leggings. I see the same thing, except it says [Prototype] Primeval Ardent Blade Leggings. And is modable. To get that do I keep REing Ardent Blade Leggings?

Ok, I'm surfing the GM to see prices for selling my Artifact Overkill Primeval Ardent Blade Leggings. I see the same thing, except it says [Prototype] Primeval Ardent Blade Leggings. And is modable. To get that do I keep REing Ardent Blade Leggings?

The [Prototype] one is a drop or quest reward...there's no (current) way for you to make those...

If you continue to make and RE your Overkill Primeval Ardent Blade Leggings, though, you WILL eventually find the five T2 versions of that recipe....

Thank you for this guide. Best help I have found regarding any topic in any game in recent memory. There was a lot to read through here, but has there been any discussion in sort options in your craft, for example, in armortech?

It would be nice to sort and tree out based of of the base item or schematic. because right now there is no way to logically sort it out along this line of thinking. You have to keep a separate piece of paper an maintain a flow chart of the items your are REing and tiering out.

The sorting options are nice though and the filters are helpful, but I think one more additional categorical sort based of the root schematic would be real beneficial.

Edited by Monchie