[Guide] Reverse Engineering

Slaign

Can anyone tell me if Endowment Arch-Savant Bracers actually exist in game?

I have RE'd Critical Arch-Savant Bracers about 55 times with no luck. Do the T2 versions take a long time to get or am I just wasting my creds?

Thanks,

Yeah I have a couple of those 49 Prototypes that I double RE'd but that **** is expensive and you better have patience and know there's a niche in the market for it. I've personally found the 49 greens to be far more profitable than the 49 blues taken to double purp.

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This may have been answered, but I saw some references to crafting columi?

I am a artifcer, where would I obtain the schematics for columi offhands? And if they can be crafted is the RE linear path or non-linear?

columni schematics drops in operation but still not all the time and usually if more than one crafter can use the schematics it goes to the one who would have direct use for crafted objects (light jedi armor goes to consular with synthweaving for exemple).

Was their any changes in RE with the new patch? I have spent at least 500k-700k and two weeks trying to get a Supremacy Nano-Optic Reslove and still have not gotten it... I know it is "random" but damn it.... I got to farm dailies, just to get the money... It is such a waste of time, and very frustrating... If they didn't make changes, I give up.....

Im sorry if I skipped over it, if it was posted here as there is alot of information here.

is there a list (For Cypertech) of what can be RE'd to what? Sort of a check list. I am trying to work my way up to all the available patterns.

Thank you for your time.

For cybertech, earpieces and droid parts can be RE'd into various prefix forms and armorings/mods will follow the linear path. But the market for crafting currently is not very good. You're almost better off just selling ship parts.

Was their any changes in RE with the new patch? I have spent at least 500k-700k and two weeks trying to get a Supremacy Nano-Optic Reslove and still have not gotten it... I know it is "random" but damn it.... I got to farm dailies, just to get the money... It is such a waste of time, and very frustrating... If they didn't make changes, I give up.....

No, crafting changes have not been implemented yet. Most likely it will come in the delayed 1.2 patch.

This kind of question comes up after EVERY patch. I guess it's the logical result of very low chance systems.

Is there any chance Bioware will add a tree to each item so that you know what still needs work?I find that after reverse engineering many many Items I lose track of what items still need to be done or not making it very challenging.Something on the item that actually shows what is left to unlock or something to that affect.

I may have misses it somewhere, but I am curious to know if crafted Columi pieces from Ops schems can be RE'd for a stat boost. I know that crits with them make the pieces (I am a cybertech, so earpieces) BiS, so I was wondering if I can take them a step farther or not.

I may have misses it somewhere, but I am curious to know if crafted Columi pieces from Ops schems can be RE'd for a stat boost. I know that crits with them make the pieces (I am a cybertech, so earpieces) BiS, so I was wondering if I can take them a step farther or not.

No, Columni schematics can't be improved upon.

Has there been any progress on discovering whether Rakata items (belt, bracers, etc) can be reverse engineered for upgraded schematics?

Usually if an item can't be reverse engineered you'll get the proc anyway but just get an error saying that no reverse engienering info could be found.

Personally, I've RE'ed in total about 20 rakata bracers and belts and never gotten an upgraded schematic OR an error message. But i did finally crit the belt. I'm still going to keep trying on the bracers until I get the crit, but if someone knows for sure about the the RE then I may go back and make even more belts so I can upgrade it.

I'm noticing a much better Reverse Engineering rate today, after 1.1.5a.

Might just be luck, but I just RE'd two level 49 synthweaving armors from green to blue. Same green to redoubt and then overkill. One try each.

So am i the unluckiest person alive? I have RE about 50 Critical Hyperaccelerated Rejuvination Relay (Earpiece with great stats for combat medic) to finally get my first Artifact proc to have it be Leadership which is completely useless. Then the following one i RE, i get the message "You already know that schematic." Which i guess i just procced the same stat one. Then 3 RE later i get the "You already know that scematic." again.

Am i just that unlucky or can i not proc another useful Artifact stat once i already procced one?

Just found this guide, thanks so much for all the work put into it. After blindly REing I don't know how many cybertech ear pieces, I now at least have a basic outline as to what I should be looking for.

Great guide.

I briefly stumbled onto some of the RE possibilities within my artifice TS, but had know idea it got so in-depth. I think of one word to describe the entire crafting process within the prefix line, "INTENSE!".

Great work on the guide and thanks for sharing.

First want to say great post! This really helps me out! My question is what does the Power and Surge stats do? I have tried looking for the information, but I am having no luck finding it anywhere. The reason I want to know is so that when I'm crafting I know which prefix to get to max/min stats for my end game gear. Anybody know what these two stats do?

Is it a bug if you keep getting the message "You already know that schematic." while trying to RE? I've RE Critical Hardened Assault Gauntlets for days trying to get the Supremacy schematic (Tier 2 +Alacrity). I've learned all four other T2 schems, and since then i've gotten the "You already know that schematic." message three times.

I have NEVER successfully RE'd an item that shows grey in my list of items to craft.

I mean grey in the sense that you don't get any XP if you craft it. Another way of putting it is that they show grey when you sort by difficulty.

I've had much success RE'ing items that show blue or green (or orange?) but as soon as it turns grey i'm no longer successful.

Is this expected?

Basically I'm finding that I have a window of RE success during a given level of Armormech on the items I'm crafting that are in the range of my level (show blue or green). But as soon as I out level an item (in Armormech skill) but still go and craft it I'm never successful with an RE attempt.

Am I wasting my time or just "unluckly"? I was wondering if this was by design so an Armormech can't learn all the artifact (purple) items.

I saw no mention of this, but I reverse engineered a pair ot Tionese Enforcer's Armguards bracers (Medium armor) and got no resources out of them and a red message about no schematics existing for such item. Therefore it appears to be currently a waste of a good item to even try this.