New patch today, results?

rgizzie

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whether or not something is instant doesn't make it an advantage.

Find a tactical use for the delay and use another skill if you want instant damage / interrupt. If you're a Consular you have at least three or four skills capable of doing this.

Complaining about something that isn't broken just sets a precedent for bad fixes. If BioWare fixes this, then the community really can get away with anything.

Edited by SnakeAes

Find a tactical use for the delay and use another skill if you want instant damage / interrupt. If you're a Consular you have at least three or four.

And the mirror class has the same three or four. Except their Project mirror skill, Shock, is instant. Which means they have four or five. How could someone not see there is a marked difference?

Do you also not complain about Unity causing 50% more damage when cast while the mirror skill Deflection doesn't? Maybe there's some hidden advantage of us not being able to mitigate 50% of the damage for 15 seconds while the other class does.

Edited by KilmarFyrewynd

Find a tactical use for the delay and use another skill if you want instant damage / interrupt. If you're a Consular you have at least three or four skills capable of doing this.

Complaining about something that isn't broken just sets a precedent for bad fixes. If BioWare fixes this, then the community really can get away with anything.

What an absurd thing to say.

If the classes weren't designed as 100% mirrors, it would be somewhat more tolerabe. As it is, it's completely unacceptable. Not only is the delay on baseline project a disadvantage, but the further delay on the talented version makes the talent less desirable than it should be.

Oh, an a "Tactical use," really? If the damage actually processed in all cases, that might be possible. Unfortunately, this spell is afflicted with a very real cast time in all but name. Try it yourself. Have a Shadow buddy duel you and wait for the moment you begin to activate Project, then have them vanish. The object your about to hurl will literally hang in the air and never hit - it won't hit and rip them out of stealth the way a DoT would. Your "instant" damage ability will have fired, eaten the GCD, eaten the force, and done no damage.

Please, just take your rose-colored glasses elsewhere. There's whining, and there's asking for valid fixes - this issue is very clearly the latter.

Have any of you ever noticed there is a HUGE difference between the two besides the fact one has a travel time and one doesnt? Shock actually takes longer to reset then project. I have both classes and the sage project is able to fire off faster then the sorcerer shock. So in the total rotation and reset of the skills ability to re-fire are the same.

I can't believe what a big deal you all make of the project thing.

Well...it's kind of a big deal that our bread-n-butter skill has an animation delay and a non-working proc. If you don't think that's a problem, then I'll just leave you with this:

http://www.viraljesus.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/burgandysm.jpg

Edited by DarthOvertone

Take this for example. Battle for ilim last boss fight. He disappears leaving my Project floating uselessly in the air. No damage dealt. The HK fight, same thing. This is something the Devs are aware of so to argue anything otherwise that this skill needs work, is just dumb. I won't even throw in the PVP dissatvantage Project has.

Class balancing, I'm sure, will be addressed in time. I just wish it would be sooner rather than later.

Mind crush has no cast time, was it like that before patch ?

If you specced Balance - Force Strike, you can proc a free Mind Crush with zero cast time. That's by design and one of my favorite abilities. That is build dependent and always has been.

If it is working differently, then it may be bugged, but let's keep that on the QT, if you know what I mean... ;)

Force Wave is also still messed. Its fun to set of our knockback skill but not have it go off because someone set off their knockback skill after me, but i was too busy hopping around like an idiot for it to start, and then get interrupted, not getting the skill to work AND still having the cooldown activated. Edited by Boxer

What an absurd thing to say.

If the classes weren't designed as 100% mirrors, it would be somewhat more tolerabe. As it is, it's completely unacceptable. Not only is the delay on baseline project a disadvantage, but the further delay on the talented version makes the talent less desirable than it should be.

Oh, an a "Tactical use," really? If the damage actually processed in all cases, that might be possible. Unfortunately, this spell is afflicted with a very real cast time in all but name. Try it yourself. Have a Shadow buddy duel you and wait for the moment you begin to activate Project, then have them vanish. The object your about to hurl will literally hang in the air and never hit - it won't hit and rip them out of stealth the way a DoT would. Your "instant" damage ability will have fired, eaten the GCD, eaten the force, and done no damage.

Please, just take your rose-colored glasses elsewhere. There's whining, and there's asking for valid fixes - this issue is very clearly the latter.

The DELAY is one thing.

I agree it should hit people out of stealth. Once it's cast, it should hit. Period. That DOES need to be fixed. The Voidstar glitch? That needed to be fixed. The Alderaan unbalance regarding turrets needs to be investigated and if it is a glitch, it needs to be fixed.

But arguing about how long it takes to hit is what I feel is pointless. As long as the ability is GOING to hit if I cast it, I don't think it matters.

If anything, people looking for a fix should ask for Shock to be slowed down and arc to the target, not Project sped up.

Edited by SnakeAes

Can we get clarification on Salvation post-patch?

I always understood that it SHOULD work like 1 BIG heal + 10 HoT ticks over 10 seconds thereafter.

Apparently prior to today's patch, it worked like (1 BIG heal & HoT tick) + 10 HoT ticks over 10 seconds and you wanted to remove the initial HoT tick being applied.

From everything I've seen in-game since the patch landed, I now get the initial HoT tick + 10 HoT ticks over the 10 second period. The big heal is gone. The flytext for the initial HoT tick doesn't show up until one second in, and is obscured in front/behind the next HoT tick's value.

Since the other thread in this subforum was closed with a re-direction here, can we get some clarification on how Salvation should be working? It doesn't seem to be working as intended as it stands.

Well I decided to level a Sorc to see the difference for myself vs my level 50 Sage and the first thing I was told was that Revivification (which is the mirror to Salvation) only has the HoT w/no direct heal, so Sages had it great since they had a OP heal. Of coures I also heard how OP Salvation was since it had a 3k heal with a 3k HoT. I don't know what Sage is casting that but I could pleaase have their gear! I run about 1.3k on a good cast + said HoT. Now I would not know as I am not high enough level to check that out yet on my Sorc ......but I assumed that Revivification was bugged b/c the tool tip on Salvation pretty much sounds like a Heal + Hot to me. I thought Sorcs would get their Heal + HoT, never did I think they would take away the instant part of that heal. Also, not that healing is super hard in this game but it really seems to me Salvation is not that great for me to cast as it was before.

Example: I play in a melee heavy group most of the time so they are all taking damage. If we are fighting an event that does a lot of AoE or PBAoE type of damage to players I could run with Salvation and heal accordingly. However, with these baby ticks I get from it now (600ish over 10sec) then I am not sure it will provide much more than a stop gap measure. Maybe it is only meant to be a minor heal or not used outside Operations as some minor top off kind of thing, IDK.

Edited by Teti

T

But arguing about how long it takes to hit is what I feel is pointless. As long as the ability is GOING to hit if I cast it, I don't think it matters.

If anything, people looking for a fix should ask for Shock to be slowed down and arc to the target, not Project sped up.

it does matter, you have 2 mirror classes that should operate the same. i think either a change to shock or project would be accepted since then both would be doing the same

if you die because of the delay preventing you to kill the other before he kills you IT DOES MATTER!

and this is no rare case at all! at least once every two WZ it happens to me that i only die because of that delay. and i read some other posts here that others have similar experiences.

yes, to happen this the fight must be tied and it must be a 1on1. but this happens and in such a situation we sages are underpowered compared to the sorcerers. it is simply unfair.

this delay has NO advantage! its disadvantage may not affect all players but it affects quite a lot of us and thus it must be fixed!

Edited by me_unknown

So many people have explained why Project is not disadvantageous as compared to Shock.

From respected forum posters/streamers such as Lina Inverse to guide writers like Power and AstralFire. Yet, still there is QQ and a lack of understanding of the concept of the delay allowing a higher burst or spike in damage.

It really is shocking how ignorant the ex-WoW majority are. Cannot wait for the Panda xpac to sift the wheat from the chaff.

Just my two penneth.

So many people have explained why Project is not disadvantageous as compared to Shock.

Oo? show me one single explenation why it is NOT a disadvantage that due to the delay the enemy can go into stealth before you hit him and thus not getting hit out of stealth.

or why i die during the delay because my opponent managed to kill me with an instant before my project hit him.

please show me ONLY ONE POST explaining why project has no disadvantage.

From respected forum posters/streamers such as Lina Inverse to guide writers like Power and AstralFire. Yet, still there is QQ and a lack of understanding of the concept of the delay allowing a higher burst or spike in damage.

this is total ********!

it does NOT allow a higher burst spike!!! the fact that due to the delay of the project it may apply the damage closer to the damage of a following instant cast has no advantage. here the explenation:

a damage spike is has an advantage because it surprises the guy getting hit. he may not have the time to heal or do something to recover from this situation.

though this is not the case if you use project + another real instant cast even though the two dmg ticks are now much closer. the reason is because of the big long animation of project totally removing the "OH *** what was this dmg spike?" effect. there is no suprise dmg spike. you get alerted of it by the delayed animation!

it is more an "hey, soon i'll hit you with a rock and maybe a follow up blasting bubble, so go into stealth or pull out a bubble or stunn me please!".

the delay has NO advantages and at least two major disadvantages.