Artifice - Rare Crystal locations and Guides

WraithAscendant

Hey guys, just read a few things on this threat about the white crystal, not read or know antyhing about what happened... But on Bloodworthy I saw a dude on republic with a white lightsaber so... (defiantly saw it, was with a couple of mates). But read something about a hacker and what not so maybe that, dunno complete newb when looking into this stuff I just play! xD

how can you say you "defiantly" saw it when you are a complete newb?

it was the cyan colour, not white

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, just read a few things on this threat about the white crystal, not read or know antyhing about what happened... But on Bloodworthy I saw a dude on republic with a white lightsaber so... (defiantly saw it, was with a couple of mates). But read something about a hacker and what not so maybe that, dunno complete newb when looking into this stuff I just play! xD

The only white one found so far was from a Sith and he didn't do it legitimate means. http://www.swtorstrategies.com/2012/01/swtor-white-saber-crystal-uncovered.html

Oh well. Has someone else found it? I dunno. this guy is the only one I can find who ever had it outside of Beta. :confused:

The only white one found so far was from a Sith and he didn't do it legitimate means. http://www.swtorstrategies.com/2012/01/swtor-white-saber-crystal-uncovered.html

Oh well. Has someone else found it? I dunno. this guy is the only one I can find who ever had it outside of Beta. :confused:

Currently there's no legal way to get a white color crystal, this was confirmed by the mods here on the forums, so until we get a confirmation that you can from those people all white crystals will have been gotten in an 'illegal' fashion.

I looted a orange crystal from a random Tatooine lizard the other day. Sorry I completely forgot about this thread or I would have wrote down more info.

Advanced Orange Tenacity Crystal

- Lvl 23

- +11 Endurance

My Trooper found it, but like heck he was going to use it in a silly gun, so my Jedi is using it in offhand. Now to find another for a matching set.

de·fi·ant

   [dih-fahy-uhnt]

adjective

characterized by defiance; boldly resistant or challenging: a defiant attitude.

def·i·nite·ly

   [def-uh-nit-lee]

adverb

1.in a definite manner; unambiguously.

2.unequivocally; positively.

- Myk

P.S. - Yes, there is much more that could be corrected within the quoted post. I just figured word-choice was a good place to start. "Spellcheck" does not correct your word-choice.

Currently there's no legal way to get a white color crystal, this was confirmed by the mods here on the forums, so until we get a confirmation that you can from those people all white crystals will have been gotten in an 'illegal' fashion.

This may not be true, per se. Catch is playing on Prophecy of Five still and his account has not been banned. Catch's video demonstrates he killed the appropriate mob, got the crystal, and when it vanished he sent a ticket for item restoration, whereupon it was restored to his inventory. It took them over a week to remove the item after they restored it (in theory after investigating the claim) and then they made mud out of his in-game name, which is technically, legally not slander since it's not his real name. Suffice to say, the white crystal is not supposed to be available right now and if you do get it your safest bet would be to destroy it.

This may not be true, per se. Catch is playing on Prophecy of Five still and his account has not been banned. Catch's video demonstrates he killed the appropriate mob, got the crystal, and when it vanished he sent a ticket for item restoration, whereupon it was restored to his inventory. It took them over a week to remove the item after they restored it (in theory after investigating the claim) and then they made mud out of his in-game name, which is technically, legally not slander since it's not his real name. Suffice to say, the white crystal is not supposed to be available right now and if you do get it your safest bet would be to destroy it.

I don't really know all the details behind whatever happened to him, nor do I really care, it doesn't change the fact that if people do find the white crystal now, then it has not been found by legitimate means, unless stated that you can find it by the bioware people.

RobNightfall - you twist a reality a bit.

It wasn't just a drop from mob which magically disappears, and upon restoration poor guy got name-called on forum.

He used illegal method to obtain it in a first place, and as far as we all know - noone ever have encountered this crystal playing in legal ways. So don't believe everything Catch says.

First he trolled the forum for entire week, and now you think he deserves any defense simply cause he didn't got banned? He doesn't. Let Catch name be forgotten as quickly as it gets, cause last thing we need on this forum are people behaving like he did. Both: Before the Admins took case in their hands and after they did.

Roll on the improvements to crew skills, and the increased RE chance. I have most of the purple grade level 47 crystals on my artificer, and it's utterly depressing how they are blown out of the water by the PvP and PvE crystals.

Thanks for pulling it all together, let's hope the mastercrafted gems get in the live game sometime soon.

Sorry I know your discussing that white crystal but on the topic is there a place to make suggestions for additions to this game?

Like for example take the black core crystals. They could reverse that and also mix some of the other colors. Like a Red core with Yellow outline for example.

Edited by Rein_Quest

im republic, belsavis world destroyer drops the magenta crystal, my guild just picked up all three crystals crit, end, power. havent gotten any of those from the hoth WB, also running Kaon Under seige gives the chance at getting a columi level crystal off the second boss, he drops it in a weapon just have to remove it Edited by clutchmrchurch

im republic, belsavis world destroyer drops the magenta crystal, my guild just picked up all three crystals crit, end, power. havent gotten any of those from the hoth WB, also running Kaon Under seige gives the chance at getting a columi level crystal off the second boss, he drops it in a weapon just have to remove it

Gargath on Hoth drops schematics for the Magenta.

I heard Snowblind drops purple color crystals though (not schematics).

I'm only level 49 so I haven't done any of the ops/50 fp yet. Does he drop the crystal on normal or hard mode?

Not sure if this is a known thing or new but I thought i'd put it out there just in case.

I got an Orange lightsaber crystal from a drop on a Tusken on Tatooine. It was a purple drop (I assume a rare random world drop) but I didn't take screenshots i'm afraid.

It paid for my speeder training and some other stuff 8)

Yep, occasionally saber crystals will drop as world loot- I've seen a red L35 one (blue item name, Dark I or more to use) that I ended up auctioning off.

World loot tables are pretty frighteningly deep, though. At one point, I tested it by chain killing through a small chunk of Balmora for hours. I can go back there and still end up finding new things- solo, the odds are normally in favor of blue/orange gear (like that saber crystal or other mods) but once in a while, I've seen purple (a barrel, prototype gloves a few times, that sorta thing).

If they'd hide something odd anywhere as a world drop, my guess it'd be on an Ilum mob. After all, that's one of the biggest sources of crystals in-universe.

I didn't think they were removable on the commendation stuff.

They were when the game first released, not sure about now, but I know when the game first game out you could buy a commendation saber in Coruscant and just pull the orange crystal out.

What I've done if I've wanted orange is just check the GTN for a modable lightsaber that has the level of orange crystal that you want. Even if it is a requirement you don't have to use, like Dark II or Light III, etc., you can still yank the crystal out of it and use it in your own saber. This is how I've gone about using orange through most of the game on my Consular Shadow, our server is flooded with Sith gear, and there are tons of orange crystal sabers on the GTN for cheap at a wide level range.

You can get an orange crystal schematic with artifice, but it only lets you use it at level 47+.

Yea I saw that, I took Artifice and was wondering if I really only get blue, green, yellow and red from vender. Was made sad to see its like 300 something to make orange.

Its a bit unfair to have 2 light restricted crystals and one dark restricted.

I'll check the commendations venders today to see what they have. Thakns for the tip

Yea I saw that, I took Artifice and was wondering if I really only get blue, green, yellow and red from vender. Was made sad to see its like 300 something to make orange.

Its a bit unfair to have 2 light restricted crystals and one dark restricted.

I'll check the commendations venders today to see what they have. Thakns for the tip

Yep, that's what we get.