impossible datacron?

shadowopsx

I can't get a datacron because i'm body size 3? Thats unfair but whatever...I was wondering if there will be an update or anything?

I don't see why you say this. Player models don't cause collisions. In everything but looks a size3 = size1 in this game. What problem are you experiencing?

I can't get a datacron because i'm body size 3? Thats unfair but whatever...I was wondering if there will be an update or anything?

Panteer castle? Been like this since beta as far as i know...sent in 3 bugreports on it with main+ alts..so far no response

I don't see why you say this. Player models don't cause collisions. In everything but looks a size3 = size1 in this game. What problem are you experiencing?

Incorrect,there is a crack in a door you have to go through to get datacron.

Bodytype 1 and 2 can get in...3 and 4 are stuck outside

^^^^^ has no clue what you're talking about, and indeed had no clue what he's talking about, but though he'd chime in and be horribly wrong anyway, welcome to the TOR forums.

To answer your question you should be able to get it if you have a buddy revive you just outside the crack after using /stuck.

Edited by United_Strafes

^^^^^ has no clue what you're talking about, and indeed had no clue what he's talking about, but though he'd chime in and be horribly wrong anyway, welcome to the TOR forums.

This response is even more indicative of the SWTOR forums. A jerk being a jerk, acting superior, condescending, and rude to somebody making a mistake.

To answer your question you should be able to get it if you have a buddy revive you just outside the crack after using /stuck.

What he stated is actually true....for most every game out there. Body size doesnt change hit boxes. Hit boxes are what determines collision, not the skin loaded on the hit box.

If that isnt the case with Bioware, they made a huge *********** basic mistake for gaming.

I've had this issue with two datacrons, I am a body type 3 Jedi Guardian. My fix for the problem was to use force leap or guardian leap to jump through the tight spots. Other ways to get past this is to have a sage rescue you through the doorway.

I've also reported the issue.

Perhaps instead of nerfing biochem lets buff biochem with some diet recipes or have a weight-watchers vendor..

On a more serious note, I have met people with the same issue and it's a serious flaw from BioWare.

I had someone to force push me trough some obstacles..but this is not the first mmo with the issue.

Also met other mmo's where for example I got stuck on a fence (tried to jump over) or ended on an invisible wall and I needed someone to summon me or pull me because binding did not work.

Graphic bugs, so funny.

Edited by Kirameki

Dont think it has been fixed but there are a few work arounds to get it.

1. being have someone else go in and rez you

2. duel and force charge them or have them grip you

3. a combo of auto run and spamming jump and opening capanion option or something like that

the 3rd one worked for me, if you look up on forums about it you will find out how to do it exactly but it does work.

What he stated is actually true....for most every game out there. Body size doesnt change hit boxes. Hit boxes are what determines collision, not the skin loaded on the hit box.

If that isnt the case with Bioware, they made a huge *********** basic mistake for gaming.

Hit box is tied to model size for the vast majority of games, this one included.

Incorrect,there is a crack in a door you have to go through to get datacron.

Bodytype 1 and 2 can get in...3 and 4 are stuck outside

Actually, I saw a body type 4 (fatso) go through with no problem. Had to pull the room naked and die at the door to have a guild mate revive me on the other side.

There is also a +4 presence datacron on Correllia that Body type 3 can not get to for the same reason.

Seems like it's just body type 3 with this issue. I was there with an enemy, also body type 3 trying to force push each other through and that didn't work. We also tried to force push enemies through so we could leap to them but no luck there either.

I have seen this issue before with male body type 3, because that's my boyfriend's JK's body type. Unfortunately he has also bug ticketed it, and nothing really came of them so far. There's been at least 2 that I can recall. But until they somehow fix it.. go with suggestions to get through.

You can have a consular Rescue you through, duel them to leap to them, or apparently die and rez on the other side of the obstacle.

And this is why my bf made his alts body type 2....