play the greatest saga ever: your own

SwordoftheStars

they are advertising this game like you could make any choices.

infact you cant make any crappy decision, everything is on rails or it does not make any difference.

- cant choose ship

- cant choose weapon

- cant choose where to level

- dark/light has no impact

- cant choose where to pvp

- cant choose crap

making Star Wars a themed mmorpg was a totally bad decision. The movies are based on an endless universe with countless of decisions to make, that have impact on the world.

smuggler do smuggle things, bountyhunters hunt other people nothing is possible in this game. Its just awkward and not starwars like. even SWG was better and it had real planets not just "zones"

There is nothing in the Zones why you should come back to them, everyone is hanging out in the fleet. Sry BW you failed .

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, if you think Star Wars shouldn't have an mmo, as you clearly stated in your rant, why are you here?

I mean if you thought it was a bad idea from the start just like that, I wouldn't have bought an account for said game and actively participated in it.

Edited by TheLonelyTusken

Have to say that I agree with you in part.

Firstly I love this game so far, and have been having a great time in it. I feel though that it could have a better experience if it was more open.

Bountys for BHs etc...

but who knows maybe we will see this in the future. I am here for the long haul, but will always miss the open worlds of SWG.

play the greatest saga ever told: your own

Your confusing this game with SWG, that was SOE advertising slogan.

But I agree that the amount of choice in this game is severly limited, especially gear progression. I can only name one MMO that TOR competes with for the title of worst gear progression and that would be Age of Conan. Just like TOR you are forced to wear a ugly brown sack for 40 levels!

I left AoC for the poor gear progression and it will be the same reason I leave TOR.

play the greatest saga ever told: your own

Your confusing this game with SWG, that was SOE advertising slogan.

But I agree that the amount of choice in this game is severly limited, especially gear progression. I can only name one MMO that TOR competes with for the title of worst gear progression and that would be Age of Conan. Just like TOR you are forced to wear a ugly brown sack for 40 levels!

I left AoC for the poor gear progression and it will be the same reason I leave TOR.

im sure i have heard this slogan from this game advertises, too

well im searching for it, hold on

So, if you think Star Wars shouldn't have an mmo, as you clearly stated in your rant, why are you here?

I mean if you thought it was a bad idea from the start just like that, I wouldn't have bought an account for said game and actively participated in it.

See, what happens is, people say stuff like "X is bad!" and then other people come along and say stuff like "X is the greatest thing ever!" and then other people don't know what to believe and so they decide to try X for themselves, and then they say either "X is bad!" or "X is the greatest thing ever!" or even "I don't hate X but I'd like it better if it had a little more Z!" which in turn confuses other people who may then also decide to try X to see for themselves whether they like it (or maybe they hate Z and want to try something which doesn't have much Z), and then sometimes there are people who say things like "If you thought X was bad why did you try it!"

It's an endless cycle type of thing, happens all the time on the internet.

Not to nitpick but WoW was virtually completely open from launch, and even more so as the expansions continued.

Flying mounts in each expansion opened up everything. Especially in Cata, you could fly around old Azeroth and explore. In fact, it was one of the few things I enjoyed before I quit.

infact you cant make any crappy decision, everything is on rails or it does not make any difference.

- cant choose ship

- cant choose weapon

- cant choose crap

making Star Wars a themed mmorpg was a totally bad decision. The movies are based on an endless universe with countless of decisions to make, that have impact on the world.

smuggler do smuggle things, bountyhunters hunt other people nothing is possible in this game. Its just awkward and not starwars like. even SWG was better and it had real planets not just "zones"

There is nothing in the Zones why you should come back to them, everyone is hanging out in the fleet. Sry BW you failed .

Funny OP:

dark/light has no impact except when it comes to CHOOSING color crystals, and armor tyeps.

Choice for PVP warzones is coming

Choice where to level. I've had some choice on this. As soon as I am level 10 I can almost PVP my way to 50 and ignore the story all together. As far as PVE, yea it would be nice to be a little less linear but it almost has to be because of the story based system. I do hope once the add more content that part of that may be more story arcs to follow.

There is weapon choice but as with almost every game it is tied to class. A trooper with a lightsaber would look dumb IMO but maybe a trooper with a vibrosowrd would look cool. Again something that could be added later and since a lot of the skill bonuses are equipment based (strength and etc) this could be easily added.

And as far as space ships. I would be willing to put a lot of money on the table that they have more ship models coming out that we will be able to earn or buy. As well as they have said they already have bigger plans for space. New ship I would suspect will be part of that plan.

dark/light has no impact

Um yes it does. People have lived when I chose light side, and people have died when I chose dark side. On my sith character, there was a quest to gather 5 relics or something (before level 10). When I went to Darth Baras, the guy that has had it in for me since level 4 was there. I beat him, and I chose light side. I gave him my items. I had to do the quest over again because I did so.

I have received more money if I chose one side vs the other.

Obviously it will not change the game THAT much, but yes there is impact to your choices. Sometimes you get an additional dialog set (kill person A, instead you help person A, you two team up to take care of person B)

wow, people have died and does this make you any different then the other 100000 people that made this decision ?

you are lvl 50 hanging out in the fleet and have maybe some dark teint in your face

No, but it SLIGHTLY changes the story and sometimes gives you more dialog/credits/whatever.

- cant choose ship

- cant choose weapon

- cant choose crap

Can't choose weapon? Even had you said weapon type, you're still wrong.

Can't choose where to level? How can you even make this claim? You are free to go to whatever planet you want.

Dark/light has no impact. It actually does have an impact. The impact may be minor, but it does exist.

Can't choose where to pvp. Yes, you can. There are several planets with open world pvp locations.

Can't choose crap. This is just your lousy attempt to add another thing to your list of ignorance. You failed, not Bioware.

Can't choose weapon? Even had you said weapon type, you're still wrong.

Can't choose where to level? How can you even make this claim? You are free to go to whatever planet you want.

Dark/light has no impact. It actually does have an impact. The impact may be minor, but it does exist.

Can't choose where to pvp. Yes, you can. There are several planets with open world pvp locations.

Can't choose crap. This is just your lousy attempt to add another thing to your list of ignorance. You failed, not Bioware.

yes i can go to serveral planets but there are just no quests ? !

just another example, why does a smuggler has to use 2 pistols, why cant i choose vibro sword or rifle or anything ?

its just poor design and nothing more, they are taking away the star wars feeling because your smuggler/bh/jedi is the same like the other one that is standing next to you

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.