The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Petition to ban rage-quitters and "Disconnects" from pvp for a hour

Los_Coy

You people go to such extremes and dont realize this is a GAME. ITS A GAME. you dont get a deserter debuff for quitting out of any FPS shooter game on the Bro Box 360 or any other FPS related shooter on PC.

I understand where you're coming from, but in this case, the actions of the few greatly affect the many.

If 2 people flake out of a match right as the game starts, there's a good chance that just borked the other 5 people out of a potential win.

You start to recognize the names of people who do this habitually and it's frustrating just waiting around until the moment they press the button (Which they invariably do when things turn sour).

Rift (as the first example to come to mind) has 2 stages of 'deserter punishments' (both for pve and pvp group instances) and has the mechanics in place to allow for legitimate disconnects. IMHO, the system works like a charm. It's not flawless, people will still cut 'n run occasionally, but it's pretty dang effective.

The people who disliked it, are the ones who were constantly affected by it. The rest, myself included, appreciated it for the innumerable hours saved from waiting/rebuilding/losses as a result of that alone.

I'm not saying it's the only option, but it has a decent track record of being accepted and effective in a game with a very similar player-base.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand where you're coming from, but in this case, the actions of the few greatly affect the many.

If 2 people flake out of a match right as the game starts, there's a good chance that just borked the other 5 people out of a potential win.

You start to recognize the names of people who do this habitually and it's frustrating just waiting around until the moment they press the button (Which they invariably do when things turn sour).

Rift (as the first example to come to mind) has 2 stages of 'deserter punishments' (both for pve and pvp group instances) and has the mechanics in place to allow for legitimate disconnects. IMHO, the system works like a charm. It's not flawless, people will still cut 'n run occasionally, but it's pretty dang effective.

The people who disliked it, are the ones who were constantly affected by it. The rest, myself included, appreciated it for the innumerable hours saved from waiting/rebuilding/losses as a result of that alone.

I'm not saying it's the only option, but it has a decent track record of being accepted and effective in a game with a very similar player-base.

Chances are people quit for a reason. That reason being a clear sign of defeat, such as the enemy team arming the bomb 15 seconds into the game. At that point you can bet your ***... the game is over.

I don't know about everyone else, but my game client crashes about once every few hours, usually in a warzone. I've had it crash during winning and losing warzones 3 times today. Ragequitting once the game client is stable should be punished by a 15-30 minute lockout. But right now, it'd punish everyone whose game crashes as well as the quitters. I don't have enough time to devote to this game with school to add another 30 minutes to an hour before i can requeue every time the client crashes.

Chances are people quit for a reason. That reason being a clear sign of defeat, such as the enemy team arming the bomb 15 seconds into the game. At that point you can bet your ***... the game is over.

Not necessarily. People's reaction to "signs" of defeat are exaggerated and in many cases downright pathetic. They simply cannot stomach the fact that in some games, they actually need to *gasp* put some EFFORT into winning. I've had numerous Civil War and fewer Voidstar games, where 2-3 people rage quit, only to be thankfully replaced by people that wanted to fight, regardless of outcome. Guess what. We won those games, even if it was by a fraction, hell we won 10-0 in Alderaan yesterday after getting rid of the quitters and let me tell you, it was one of the most satisfying wins I had in this game.

At the end of the day, while I do admit that there are legit reasons to leave a warzone (disconnects, bugs, exploits and whatnot), in the majority of cases (in my experience), people leave because they cannot be arsed to contribute to objectives and/or work as a team, at which case they really shouldn't be queuing for warzones in the first place. Same goes for those that "don't want to face premades". Man up and create your own premade, if it's such a huge issue, cause fixed teams are not going to go away, ever.

A limited time deserter debuff is imo, inevitable. It may not come straight away, but it will come eventually. Sure, it will have its issues, afkers at first etc, but it will be for the best.

Edited by Tristanian

I just dont see the point in playing a 15 minute game with people who stealth out or individuals who are incompetent. I only have a limited amount of time to play the game if they enact a debuff for people that leave then I wont be able to get a single win a day.

Also how about they have to run around with some title indicating they flee once the other team scores 1 point in huttball?

Seriously, anyone else tired of that

Lets change that to banning all raging people, you would be 1st to ban.

I rage quit for the first time yesterday on Aldeeran.

I was ops leader I ask "two go left the rest in the middle with me" the game started "3 go left 2 go right and 3 go centre" left is capped then all 3 run to centre left gets capped the 3 that went to centre got steamrolled the two who went right seem to be in the field not doing anything loads of our guys are standing on ledge... Etc etc. it was a **** shower of the highest order.

I ended up on left and managed to defend it alone for a while (18 second dots) against 4 people and just looked at our guys shouts/positions and thought to myself "**** this"

No I dont care if people leave its a game and if someone is bored or doesnt want to finish who cares, if youre losing you get xp and cash valor etc anyway. Id rather they leave then afk. Ii cant believe people are actually complaining about pugs.

I have soloed my way to 50 pugged a few flash points, solo qued most warzones and now you want to punish me for leaving or doing as you ask. LoL, get real. People like the op are self absorbed and take the game way to serious. A few years from now you wont give 2 hoots about this game, why you getting bent now?

Edited by sunsu

I agree, there are times where you get put into a group where almost no one listens to group tactics and it puts you in the position about "why should I help these guys win", though when people don't play team tactics they will lose anyway.

I've said it in a post before, they simply can not stop people leaving until you can queue up with your own 8 people.

You can't ask for that at the moment.

The client is still bugged... a lot of players got disconnected while doing quests, warzone pvp and illum pvp.

The client/server don't know if I rage-quitted or disconnected from the game so until the game would be stable it's better to leave as it is.

Edited by Anabola

You can't ask for that at the moment.

The client is still bugged... a lot of players got disconnected while doing quests, warzone pvp and illum pvp.

The client/server don't know if I rage-quitted or disconnected from the game so until the game would be stable it's better to leave as it is.

Then there's the exploits that seem to go unpunished.

I rage quit for the first time yesterday on Aldeeran.

I was ops leader I ask "two go left the rest in the middle with me" the game started "3 go left 2 go right and 3 go centre" left is capped then all 3 run to centre left gets capped the 3 that went to centre got steamrolled the two who went right seem to be in the field not doing anything loads of our guys are standing on ledge... Etc etc. it was a **** shower of the highest order.

I ended up on left and managed to defend it alone for a while (18 second dots) against 4 people and just looked at our guys shouts/positions and thought to myself "**** this"

LoL.... If any team deserved to be left it sounds like you found em.

Then again, I've only quit once myself. It was in VoidStar and when the starting gate opend half the team just stood there AFK. Of course that led to me defending a door by myself against the whole enemy team. No point in sticking around much longer than that.

Edited by Spymaster

at least fights are so short that even if you're getting farmed after 5-0, it doesnt really matter. In WoW you wud get farmed for ages against a premade. Try having 40 mins of being camped at a graveyard, and then get a deserter debuff if you leave.

its annoying yes but the game crashes too much for many to be viable, I got stuck in a "dead" pose in the spawn area, all my abilities would fire but I couldnt move and I got thrown out with 30 seconds left to go and it was a win too >:(

Instead of punishing people for quitting warzones, howsabout just have the benefits tied to completing the warzone as I mentioned in this thread. That way there's really no benefit to quitting a warzone even if you are getting crushed.

As it stands, you're either playing a warzone because you enjoy PVP, or because you're trying to complete daily/weekly PVP quests. In each case, being stomped into the floor by the opposing team means you actually benefit from quitting: either you're not having fun, so you might as well shorten the time to the next warzone by requeuing instead of completing, or you're guaranteed not to win, and thus won't contribute to your quests, so you're better off requeuing immediately instead of completing the warzone that will do nothing for you.

Any system that is based on people doing something because its "right" or "fair" is a badly designed system - systems need to be based on self-interest if there's any hope for them to work. At present, if you're not winning, then there's a low self-interest factor.

Also how about they have to run around with some title indicating they flee once the other team scores 1 point in huttball?

Seriously, anyone else tired of that

I often get thrown out of Hutt Ball becouse I can't get out from spawn in time. When I load in to the spawning pit I already have Deserter Debuff going on for like 45 seconds. If there is a force field I just can't get out in time.

I have 2 or mabey 3 haouers a day to play SWTOR, with Your bright suggestion I probably wouldn't be able to finish daily in a month.

So.... no.

I often get thrown out of Hutt Ball becouse I can't get out from spawn in time. When I load in to the spawning pit I already have Deserter Debuff going on for like 45 seconds. If there is a force field I just can't get out in time.

I have 2 or mabey 3 haouers a day to play SWTOR, with Your bright suggestion I probably wouldn't be able to finish daily in a month.

So.... no.

They should make the deserter buff for 1½-2mins atm since i´ve had 1 kick off from WZ and 2 close calls(1-2secs to spare) with buggy forcefields. But to get the leavers in check i´m willing to risk 1-2hour cd from wz:s.

first of all they should fix:

- exploits on Voidstar

- turrets in Civil War

- unbalanced matches (12+ vs 6 that won't end)

- getting pops to WZs that are about to end - clearly coz some dude left due to being obliterated too much

Can't blame ppl of leaving Voidstar if they see ppl inside gates, untouchable, planting bombs at will or when they have to face twice as many players as there are in their team.