Whats wrong with clicking?

ProJarrod

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hate is a strong word. Who *hates* clickers? Most people just don't like bad players, and clickers are playing at a sub-par level. Clicking is not as good/fast as using the keyboard. That is just a fact. Even the world's best clicker would be faster if he learned how to use his keyboard.

I think clicking is fine. More so in this game that most due to insane ability lag.

I'm currently using a Logitech G13 with everything hotkeyed. If there was ever a time in PVP when I wasn't stunned, I might be able to compare key binding to clicking.

Just curious, why do people hate clicking so much? This might be a reality check for a lot of players but some of us don't exactly have all of our fingers so using "hotkeys" is rather hard.

Clicking is slower and takes your eyes off your character and the boss/enemy players.

Using alt and ctrl, etc. has proven to cause more misused abilities then it's useful.. and as you said, missing fingers can be a problem.

The new trend is remapping all the keys around WASD (or ESDF if you prefer that) to the abilities your using the most, this mention is more accurate and faster. It also means that since you're using muscle memorization, you're not taking your eyes off the action.

Edited by SirUrza

Clicking is slower and takes your eyes off your character and the boss/enemy players.

Using alt and ctrl, etc. has proven to cause more misused abilities then it's useful.. and as you said, missing fingers can be a problem.

The new trend is remapping all the keys around WASD (or ESDF if you prefer that) to the abilities your using the most, this mention is more accurate and faster. It also means that since you're using muscle memorization, you're not taking your eyes off the action.

i disagree, if you set up your icons close you only need to move your hand alittle as every thing is were it is,

calling someone bad becuase he plays diffrent to you is one of the reasons i hate most online gamers or so called pro skilled.

for me im clicking untill i can use my xbox controler then im going to be running rings around you so called skilled mouse and keyboard users becuase im going to be far far faster than you.

Its sluggish, clunky, and just feels wrong.

Keyboard pressing is so much more precise and efficient.

While I still do move with QWEASD i also like mixing it in with using the mouse to move. The key advantage of using keybinds is the fact that when moving with the mouse you can turn your character literally on a dime which helps on some gimmick fights but mainly in pvp.

Edited by Kabloosh

I primarily use my keyboard but some things I still click. Speeder, med packs, relics, combat buffs etc. My primary attacks I use the keyboard. I can't wait to get a fancy mouse tho so I can do away with clicking all together. Like others said when you click you tend to take your eyes off the action.

Compare this argument to the age old touch-typing debate. People who do not use the standardized touch-typing method can develop incredibly fast typing speeds, often faster than moderately skilled touch-typers. However, if that same person spent the time to change his habits to the touch-typing method, he would perform even faster.

So your clicking healer is great. He's fantastic. If he spent the time to adjust to a keyboard style, he'd probably do better, but it'd take a lot of work to relearn his methods.

i disagree, if you set up your icons close you only need to move your hand alittle as every thing is were it is,

calling someone bad becuase he plays diffrent to you is one of the reasons i hate most online gamers or so called pro skilled.

for me im clicking untill i can use my xbox controler then im going to be running rings around you so called skilled mouse and keyboard users becuase im going to be far far faster than you.

How do you target you raid members?

You have to move you mouse up to the raid frames then back down to your Quick slot bar.

That's slow and inefficient.

When in combat:

Mouse if for targeting and camera turning, and in rare occasions, moving forward.

keyboard is for moving, activating abilities, and in rare occasions, targeting.

When out of combat:

Who Cares?

I primarily use my keyboard but some things I still click. Speeder, med packs, relics, combat buffs etc. My primary attacks I use the keyboard. I can't wait to get a fancy mouse tho so I can do away with clicking all together. Like others said when you click you tend to take your eyes off the action.

My eyes are taken off the action by watching cool downs.

Tank and DPS characters in this game get more from key binding everything. It's faster and more fun to play this way.

That said, the broken cool down indicators and the way the game prioritizes animations over accepting inputs makes it more frustrating at times. Clickers play slowly enough that they experience these bugs far less.

As far as healing goes, until they add 'mouse over frame' functionality the difference between clickers and non-clickers will be small.

How do you target you raid members?

You have to move you mouse up to the raid frames then back down to your Quick slot bar.

That's slow and inefficient.

When in combat:

Mouse if for targeting and camera turning, and in rare occasions, moving forward.

keyboard is for moving, activating abilities, and in rare occasions, targeting.

When out of combat:

Who Cares?

im dps.. so i dont need to touch my raid frame lol

My eyes are taken off the action by watching cool downs.

That's a shame.. hopefully when they improve the UI you won't have to focus on them as much. For me I've been playing SWTOR long enough that I get a funny tickle when an ability I want to use is ready. I'm still hoping for an improved UI though because that tickle is wrong every now and then.

I have nothing against people who are clickers... as long as they are in the opposite PvP team. Keybinding and mouseturning is essential to become a good PvP player.

Wrong. I love when keybinders try running around in cirlces, and I still click them to death. It's hilarious.

People who say you have to keybind are the same types that think you need gear score to raid. Just as wrong.

Just curious, why do people hate clicking so much? This might be a reality check for a lot of players but some of us don't exactly have all of our fingers so using "hotkeys" is rather hard.

This is like asking why do you walk, some of us don't have legs. Obviously if you have some disability that is very unfortunate and I'm genuinely sorry about it. Clicking however is extremely counterproductive for people with 10 fingers.