What's the best 1v1 advanced class?

Frostburns

Focus Guardian (My class) is pretty damn nasty in 1v1s. I tend to munch through pretty much anyone in a 1v1 and the majority of powertechs that guy mentioned tend to do their very best to avoid/run away from me.

Merc in 1v1: Tracer missile, ***OOps interrupted***, Shield, bends over for tracer missile again, gets force pushed, dies soon after.

Laughable class in 1v1s.

Surprised nobody's said scoundrels/ops yet.

Even past our stupid burst at the beginning we can pump out a good amount of dmg and have a very nice amount of control. Only class I have major problems w/ in 1v1s are good maras and powertechs

Powertech/Vanguard or Sorc/Sage imho. They're both great duelists but playstyle preference will usually make one better or worse for you.

Absolutely with you on the Powertech front, you can tank so so well, your damage is good and you got some funky cc - to me they are the most feared opponent I can face.

Ok, so it's down to either powertech, marauder, or juggernaut. Which is the best against each other? And do powertechs really get beaten by marauder and juggernaut?

Marauder with all cooldowns up will probably spank a Powertech. At least in my experience. Marauders have arguably the best defensive cooldowns in the game. But without cooldowns? Marauder is toast. I mean, it's not even funny. While Powertech without cooldowns is still reasonably well off.

Can't speak for Juggernaut, mine isn't high enough level.

EDIT:

I am also surprised nobody mentioned Assassin. They're just as durable, have quite a few good defensive cooldowns, can vanish into stealth and re-open, have quite decent CC and utility. Though they're really hard to play well. As Darkness Sin, I have more buttons that need to be pushed in combat than pretty much any other class, including Marauder, and more procs to watch. With my current spec, I have to watch for 3 procs, to optimize DPS.

Edited by Sabbathius

Ok, so it's down to either powertech, marauder, or juggernaut. Which is the best against each other? And do powertechs really get beaten by marauder and juggernaut?

A good Guard/Jug will tear up either imo, and thats speaking from experience as I've never been legitimately beaten by either in a 1v1.

Tank shadow/sins are 1v1 beasts. The only class as good as them (maybe better) at 1v1 is tank specced Vanguard/Powertech's imo.

I don't know about marauder/sentinels with cd but I can 1v1 a marauder/sentinel and win %80 of the time np.

Edited by Requimo

So it's down to juggernaut, sin, or powertech? With powertech behind juggernaut?

You will get more medals than anyone else in Warzones with Powertechs - range dmg = most consistent dmg, not to mention you can tank and heal. I know it's not 1 v 1 but it is still another advantage they have, also the levelling is much much easier than Marauder.

So it's down to juggernaut, sin, or powertech? With powertech behind juggernaut?

a marauder who uses his cooldowns really well has a shot, but yeah those 3+1

sorc, sniper, operative and mercenary are the 4 with no shot, sure they might beat people, but realistically the others have several advantages that will have them win the majority of the time all other things being equal.

Edited by Adzzy

Every class has it's ups and downs depending on playstyle, opener, and terrain when it comes to 1v1. I'd say avoid sniper/slinger, since they're rooted, but the rest are all fairly solid, down to preference and individual skill.

Sent/Mara is pretty unforgiving, but nasty done right. I've had some crush me, I had another that couldn't beat me when my companion bugged and his was with him.

1v1: Maruaders, Assassin,s and PT's.

Group combat: sorcs, mercs.

Actual 4 person team: merc, sorc (healer), marauder, juggy tank.

If there ever is a 4 person arena teams, this will be THE comp. Ecessive CC, interupts, a guard, and amazing heals, and the best damage dealing class (maruader).

Edited by Humankeg

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.