How Does BW Justify...

Cyeanne

....charging $14.99 (same as World of Warcraft) for a broken game? Either give us free game time until the major issues are resolved or put it back to beta. To do the right thing for the mmo community is not easy, but it's still what needs to be done. You'll keep your subs if you stay loyal to us.

Save for a couple of issues, I don't see a broken game. Just one that has some bugs, that need to be sorted out. Like every SINGLE game release (whether on PC/MAC or on a console).

do you honestly think that a console game is released bug free?

....charging $14.99 (same as World of Warcraft) for a broken game? Either give us free game time until the major issues are resolved or put it back to beta. To do the right thing for the mmo community is not easy, but it's still what needs to be done. You'll keep your subs if you stay loyal to us.

SWG did it for 7 years.

$200 mill total is still nowhere near the 1 bill+ that Bioware have invested into their game.

Also they are wrong on a few parts of that blog.

EA, LEC and Bioware have said that to break even they only need 500k continuous subs. Not the 1 million + that that blog says.

Edited by renegadeimp

Is this your first MMO game? Because it's the basic routine for new MMO's and keep in mind that this is Bioware's first foray in the MMO industry.

Aside from the performance issues and minor bugs here and there, it's a pretty solid game.

If it's broken to you then un-sub and don't play until they're fixed?

Also, just to be clear, WoW was WAAAAAY worse when it was first released and they charged $14.99. Many people like you said the exact same thing but look where it is now.

Edited by jaypis

Because SWTOR is fun and wow hasn't been for years.

I see, your 30 day free trial is coming to an end, right...Ye Ok:eek:

Broken game? It has issues but less than most MMOs at launch. You're on crack bro...

Funny, cause I remember paying $14.99/month for WoW at the beginning (it was broken) and SWG (it was broken) and STO (oh wait.....it was broken)

I am not saying things are kosher, but for the love of all things holy give it 6 months before jumping to conclusions. If you don't want to do that, cancel sub and check back in 6 months to see if it is to your liking. Very simple.

Or you can cancel your sub if you don't feel the game is worth paying for.

*looks at game* *looks at thread*

hmm. My game is not broken. I'm having a blast with my wife and friends. God forbid I say that for fear of being called a fanboy :o

Silly OP with your exaggerated claims.

Trust me. I know broken games. I played FFXIV for 6 months.

Yeaaa.....

Edited by robotsonik

Fanboy:D

*looks at game* *looks at thread*

hmm. My game is not broken. I'm having a blast with my wife and friends. God forbid I say that for fear of being called a fanboy :o

Silly OP with your exaggerated claims.

Trust me. I know broken games. I played FFXIV for 6 months.

Yeaaa.....

Edited by Tronics

Is this your first MMO game? Because it's the basic routine for new MMO's and keep in mind that this is Bioware's first foray in the MMO industry.

Aside from the performance issues and minor bugs here and there, it's a pretty solid game.

If it's broken to you then un-sub and don't play until they're fixed?

Also, just to be clear, WoW was WAAAAAY worse when it was first released and they charged $14.99. Many people like you said the exact same thing but look where it is now.

agreed

cant stand people saying this game is broken its like they didnt even enjoy the hours of story they got to hear.

*edit* days of story

Great job bioware

I swear, reading these forum is like watching Groundhog day.

They justify it by the number of people who are willing to pay it. They run the risk of that number collapsing, ala Warhammer, if they do not address some issues. But they do not need to justify themselves against any other game...only to the people that are willing to pay.