Did Rift spoil us?

Archaegeo

Anyone else around for the launch of Rift?

I had 0 issues with it, and it seemed they poured out content.

I feel like Bioware with all the money they have coming in should be pouring out a lot more.

But so far we have 1 new flashpoint and the completion of an Op.

Flame on.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

One new flashpoint, one new Op, and countless bug fixes in less then two months - you really have absolutely no right to complain about the content and the amount of it they are putting into this game. Edited by pursang

i was there at rift launch and they had just has many bugs/imbalances has this game has.Also the very very failed world events were just a mess,new content yes but lasted 1 hour,lagged for four....

they added the content yes your right,but they should have fixed the stuff already there before adding new stuff.

Plus the forums were just as bad as this if not worst

Nope. Didn't play it. Is it still running? I thought they closed that down or did it go f2p?

It had an immaculate launch with outstanding graphics, good performance, customizable UI, and innovative features such as the class/talent system. Not to mention the combat was smooth and seamless.

Their world pvp wasn't just confined to one zone like Illum. Their pvp dailies rotated randomly across the uninstanced world.

Their dungeons and raids were complete, unbroken, and dropped appropriate loot.

It's only drawbacks were the complex macro system, which allowed classes to weave 5 abilities into 1 button, removing player skill. Besides this, I don't know why it wasn't more successful. I think it was just bad timing and greedy players. If it were to be released now, in wake of SWTOR's flaws, I believe it would be considered quite refreshing.

Did Rift even get updates? I played it for the first month or so, it was a very good game till u got to the end then there was NOTHING to do. It was so bad on content, I didnt see any immediate changes to the game. So not sure what ur tripping on, if ur gonna hate on SWTOR then go back to RIFT.

Rift had far more content and features at launch than SWTOR and the endgame was 100x better than SWTOR's. At the moment, it is the better game. I am just hoping this will change eventually.

Sounds like you should go back to your "better game".

Nope. Didn't play it. Is it still running? I thought they closed that down or did it go f2p?

It's the third most subscribed to MMO at the moment, behind TOR and WoW.

Rift is far from dead or F2P.

It's launch was extremely smooth, but it was most definitely the exception to the rule. It and TOR are the best launches to do, far better than WoW's, and not even in the same league as AoC.

WoW, at launch, had thousands of bugs (they counted), no battlegrounds (it was advertised on the box, if I recall), and it had two raids at launch (every piece of content had been cleared for months before they released the third raid).

And look at WoW now.

Did Rift even get updates? I played it for the first month or so, it was a very good game till u got to the end then there was NOTHING to do. It was so bad on content, I didnt see any immediate changes to the game. So not sure what ur tripping on, if ur gonna hate on SWTOR then go back to RIFT.

If you have to ask if it got updates, you did not play in the first month or so.

They had more patches and updates in their first month, as well as gigantic events, than ToR has only talked about having in coming months.

Really? And im sure youve already beaten kraggas palace and the eternity vault right? Oh you didnt? Then like my mom used to say at dinner...finish what you got before you want more.

If you did and have a full set of rakata then I humbly bow in your presence. Im quitre pleased and impressed by the amount of bug fixes and the fact that they are putting out new content already is very promising for the future of this game. They also have the legacy system they are coming out with.

And in case you didnt know, it was hinted at in Comic Con NY that they were already writing for the expansion. This isnt going to be a launch and fade away like Rift was. I mean if Rift was so great, why isnt it still going strong?

If Rift spoiled you in any way it was teaching you that playing an MMO for 3-4 months and walking away is how its supposed to be.

If you have to ask if it got updates, you did not play in the first month or so.

They had more patches and updates in their first month, as well as gigantic events, than ToR has only talked about having in coming months.

Played beta, got the game, played out the first month that was given, got 50, got hacked, didnt resub. But I dont remember what they added if anything so w/e. I still love Aion far better than any other MMO tho, that game has so much going for it. Its barely behind SWTOR in my opinion.

Edited by GreatGono

Played beta, got the game, played out the first month that was given, got 50, got hacked, didnt resub. But I dont remember what they added if anything so w/e. I still love Aion far better than any other MMO tho, that game has so much going for it. Its barely behind SWTOR in my opinion.

Yeah, I'm sure going F2P in order to stay alive has been really good for it.

Edited by Zorvan

Yeah, I'm sure going F2P in order to stay alive has been really good for it.

Interesting, I did not know about that. Thank you.

EDIT: Aww looking into it and it looks like a LOTRO type thing, just teaser's and limits to tease people into buying a sub. Lame.

Edited by GreatGono

ah I remember starting about 2 months after Rift was released is when I started getting daily e-mails from Trion about how the box price dropped from 60 to 20 dollars and I should buy it now thought maybe it was a sale but then the price never went back up... saw it in the store the other day selling for 6 bucks in a bargain bin... lol Edited by Liquidacid

Rift just consolidated thier 50+ servers down to 10. What exactly did they do right?

I can tell you many many things they did wrong.

First thing they did was focus on raids alienating the majority of their players, THEN they started dicking with PVP and screwing up PVE to balance PVP. Pretty much a horrible mess with many classes left defunct.

I had more bugs in Rift than I have came across anywhere in SWTOR... Not to mention Rift's continual crashes... Ugh.

Really? And im sure youve already beaten kraggas palace and the eternity vault right? Oh you didnt? Then like my mom used to say at dinner...finish what you got before you want more.

If you did and have a full set of rakata then I humbly bow in your presence. Im quitre pleased and impressed by the amount of bug fixes and the fact that they are putting out new content already is very promising for the future of this game. They also have the legacy system they are coming out with.

And in case you didnt know, it was hinted at in Comic Con NY that they were already writing for the expansion. This isnt going to be a launch and fade away like Rift was. I mean if Rift was so great, why isnt it still going strong?

If Rift spoiled you in any way it was teaching you that playing an MMO for 3-4 months and walking away is how its supposed to be.

It's still going very strong. Like I said, it's barely behind TOR, and WoW of course is leaps ahead.

Rift is very much an oddity, compared to most MMOs. It has a large subscription base, which is impressive for Trion's first MMO.

The reason that Rift isn't getting any expansions is because Trion is focusing most of it's crew on new projects, because Rift's purpose was kick-jumping them, giving them enough money and credibility to pull off more projects.

Just thought I should leap to Rift's defense, because I did enjoy the game. I just didn't bother to renew my subscription after 6 months, mostly because it wasn't a good time for me to be gaming regularly.