Boba Fett Killed Star Wars

Halofax

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blame Lucas for making a crappy storyline like he does with most of his movies.

Dont blame the awesome Boba!

Horses for courses. Personally I think Boba's "Lone Wolf and Cub" origins in AotC is far superior and shows a much deeper understanding of the character than the "Jaster Mereel, disgraced former Journeyman Protector from Concorde Dawn fighting for justice across the galaxy" garbage from the EU. Especially since Boba was modeled after The Man with No Name, who was in turn modeled after Yojimbo....the samurai tradition is consistent. But I accept that your milage may vary.

However, you do realize that "the awesome Boba" is part and parcel to his "crappy storyline," don't you?

Edited by Jmannseelo

He may not have killed Star Wars, but he killed pretty much any material for any other BH that was on board the Executor in ESB.

Except, of course, in Tales of the Bounty Hunters, Tales from Jabba's Palace, The Bounty Hunter Wars trilogy, Shadows of the Empire, The Yavin Vassilika, any number of the Clone Wars cartoon episodes and numerous other books, comics, games, etc...

In other words, not at all.

Edited by Jmannseelo

Except, of course, in Tales of the Bounty Hunters, Tales from Jabba's Palace, The Bounty Hunter Wars trilogy, Shadows of the Empire, The Yavin Vassilika, any number of the Clone Wars cartoon episodes and numerous other books, comics, games, etc...

In other words, not at all.

I'm speaking of more content like he has, they either are dead or retire or what have you. So yes...he did 'kill' anymore material for those bounty hunters.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

I'm speaking of more content like he has, they either are dead or retire or what have you. So yes...he did 'kill' anymore material for those bounty hunters.

In none of the stories I mentioned are they dead or retired. The closest you have is Dengar wanting to retire, but he never does. Neither is there any sign of new stories featuring these bounty hunters stopping any time soon. I honestly don't see where you're coming from with this at all.

In none of the stories I mentioned are they dead or retired. The closest you have is Dengar wanting to retire, but he never does. Neither is there any sign of new stories featuring these bounty hunters stopping any time soon. I honestly don't see where you're coming from with this at all.

Dengar did retire, look at his bio though he does come out from time to time so I guess hes ok but theres been nothing else of him. Bossk is no where to be seen after his scrap with Han, IG-88B was destroyed way too soon and Zuckuss & 4-LOM have split up and nothing new has been made. Authors could go and do more early work, exploiting more of what these guys did before ESB but have they? No except for Bossk who has done stuff during TCW.

Compared to Boba though all of them got the shaft.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Dengar did retire, look at his bio though he does come out from time to time so I guess hes ok but theres been nothing else of him. Bossk is no where to be seen after his scrap with Han, IG-88B was destroyed way too soon and Zuckuss & 4-LOM have split up and nothing new has been made. Authors could go and do more early work, exploiting more of what these guys did before ESB but have they? No except for Bossk who has done stuff during TCW.

And IG droids, also in TCW. And even though they weren't on the Executor, Aurra Sing and Cad Bane have both had extensive use. They're both Bounty Hunters.

There is more than Boba.

I don't mind the clones being Boba's father. They are a separate entity in themselves; Troopers.

I think what killed Boba Fett (and in-turn his relationship in the greater scheme of things) is the Mandalorians. Now -those- are cheap Boba Fett knock-offs.

I would have to disagree. Fett wasnt Mandalorian, he just wore the armour. He only inspired the authors to write about Mandalorians.

Agreed.

If A = B and B = C then Boba Fett has 1 million clones.

Boba Fett may have been a clone, but he was an unaltered clone, meaning he grew up differently than the clones ... he has is own mind, personality, desires, needs and wants ...

genetically they are the same, yes; personality they are completely different

so your equation is wrong!

Horses for courses. Personally I think Boba's "Lone Wolf and Cub" origins in AotC is far superior and shows a much deeper understanding of the character than the "Jaster Mereel, disgraced former Journeyman Protector from Concorde Dawn fighting for justice across the galaxy" garbage from the EU. Especially since Boba was modeled after The Man with No Name, who was in turn modeled after Yojimbo....the samurai tradition is consistent. But I accept that your milage may vary.

However, you do realize that "the awesome Boba" is part and parcel to his "crappy storyline," don't you?

I like to think Lucas had nothing to do with or had very little input in creating Boba Fett and then ended up completely screwing it up like he did with everything else in Star Wars. I never much cared for Jango Fett.