A Universe At War - Ilum/Open World Redesign

Aneu

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is on the right track, there are issues I see with some of the mechanics such as the 5% damage buff stacking 5 times for 25% and being used in WZs. This seems very similar to WARs level 50 pvp, which was incredibly fun.

Also, I would suggest instead of having gear rewards as you progress in Valor Rank, you have alternate advancements, like skill upgrades or a talent point every 10 levels or something of that nature.

/singed

i'm glad to see people who can master the english language, are willing to post such brilliant thoughts.

My only input on the unbalance pvp sieges, i believe aiding a group of 10 players vs 50 players with additional npcs that can attack shields or doors would be helpful.

o7

Allow lower pop side to summon companions maybe?

Greetings Everyone,

As a reminder that in accordance with our Rules of Conduct. We do not allow petition type of posts such as '/signed' posts on the forums

The following guidelines will help promote a user-friendly environment for everyone using the Service:

Petition posts are frowned on. If you have an issue with the game, please discuss it in a civil and informed fashion.

We encourage feedback on topics, however we ask that you add some discussion or content to your posts that agrees or disagrees with the suggestion at hand and not to simply create '/signed' replies.

Greetings Everyone,

As a reminder that in accordance with our Rules of Conduct. We do not allow petition type of posts such as '/signed' posts on the forums

We encourage feedback on topics, however we ask that you add some discussion or content to your posts that agrees or disagrees with the suggestion at hand and not to simply create '/signed' replies.

i agree that /singed is not a constructive way to agree with the op, but there's not much to add.

i believe that everyone agrees swotr lacks owpvp conceptual design.

Now you have it and we all hope BW will give us finally the epic swotr battles on pvp we all being waiting for using those ideas :)

o7

I would urge BW to look into the benefits of this idea, but I also think that the amount of support it's receiving is just because the playerbase would prefer anything else than what is currently implemented with Ilum. That doesn't necessarily mean that this idea is the best way to go, however it has many great positives that I feel would improve the game.

By the time they get around to revamping open world pvp "if" they do most will have already moved on. Why they think this legacy thing is a bigger deal then open world is beyond me. If james had bother reading the forums he would have already seen this.

P.s the kin that made this thread and the person who came up with this awesome design isnt even playing swtor anymore just to give u an idea of what i mean by most will have moved on to other games....

What I find more interesting, is that Bioware has unfortunately seemed to loss any creative ability in terms of real game play design, by simple merit of one of our own peers steps up and puts in real time and effort into a very well documented idea which frankly, is very doable.

It would be great if Bioware would hire some of these creative talents to get rid of a good portion of their current design team for this type of project. Maybe they are just burned out or having a hard time thinking creatively. It has become a major disappointment to witness an IP of this caliber in stitches.

I honestly feels like they want solid feedback, however it doesn't feel like the want to swallow certain prideful issues, or choose to actually incorporate a handful of solid fixes which this community has given them even during Beta.

Every idea listed by the author of this post is spot on with features and game play elements that should have been conceptualized. I keep going back to Bioware stating how they have spent a great deal of time looking at all the other MMO games out there and how much they have learned from their mistakes.

Sorry, but I have to just shake my head and walk away from this all together. We have so much creative power in some very talented players, I would lay money on the line that you could round up these players, find new talent for design, and by common sense reviews, create a game play experience that would truly catch the attention and commitment of their players. I just wish that Bioware, or any company with a lot of money to use, would start over and re-learn these basics.

It's not bad in theory, I just don't think you're fixing one of the major problems in Ilum: Faction balance.

Your health buff won't do a thing. In WoW, *everything* was buffed in Wintergrasp. Health, DPS, Healing done... etc. It didn't matter at all. The underpower numbered faction will lose every time.

Also, I don't think you need to add insult to injury with your stacking 5% DPS buff that will go to the dominating faction.

Your premise is intriguing, but it won't work any better than current Ilum. It'll just be a much neater, more innovative world PvP system that Republic can get absolutely crushed in.

I agree...current faction imbalance is the weak link to this concept. IMHO, if I understood this concept correctly, it is based on a linear battle, where you go from one planet to another, but the problem here is that it forces all players of both factions to always meet on one battle ground at a time.

What is needed is a way to spread players out among different planets at the same time. For those who played SWG, faction inbalance was often an issue, but with its open architecture and quick travel mechanics, the smaller faction was able to incorporate rapid hit and run tactics. This forced the larger faction to spread out among different planets to search for the smaller mobile forces. It got to be quite fun actually and also had the benefit of reducing battle sizes to smaller groups.

Applying this idea to the OP concept, perhaps mechanics could be put in place so that small teams can go "behind enemy lines" to several different planets and take over unattended bases quickly. This would have the effect of the larger force not being able to proceed on its galactic quest until it went back to that planet and reconquered that base. This means that the larger faction would have to spread its forces out over several planets to defend these bases, in addition to the main attack force that plowed forward.

Or something of this nature...it's late and I didnt think about as much as I would have liked, but the idea is to spread out the population so that the smaller faction can move around and encounter smaller opposing forces.

Either way, awesome job on this...I've been playing MMOs for about 10 years now and this is one of the best concept posts I've ever read. cheers.

The idea sounds amazing, innovative, and exciting.

But I doubt the idea will be introduced in full.

SWTOR is, unfortunatly, a PvE game with a few PvP added on things. I am pretty Bioware will keep doing what it has done in the past and repeatedly done their best at: single player stories.

Though I like the ideas I do not believe they will be implemented.

Though with 1.2 Bioware`s focus seems to be shifting from PvE to PvP and PvE, my hopes will be restrained until I see it.

P.S. You have too much time on your hands, it is an amazing in depth concept, but it may be for nothing. :(

lol the person that made that idea and the post no longer plays swtor that whole kin left the game....

The idea sounds amazing, innovative, and exciting.

But I doubt the idea will be introduced in full.

SWTOR is, unfortunatly, a PvE game with a few PvP added on things. I am pretty Bioware will keep doing what it has done in the past and repeatedly done their best at: single player stories.

Though I like the ideas I do not believe they will be implemented.

Though with 1.2 Bioware`s focus seems to be shifting from PvE to PvP and PvE, my hopes will be restrained until I see it.

P.S. You have too much time on your hands, it is an amazing in depth concept, but it may be for nothing. :(