A Universe At War - Ilum/Open World Redesign

Aneu

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flawless, Awesome job dude thanks for your time, Bioware really has failed the pvpers in this game, I have yet to see a productive response ever from the "Dev Team" which had no problem showing their faces when it came to interviews before the game was out. Now since the millions of dollars are payed out, their job is done I suppose. Edited by abott

Great ideas.

This game is dying in the water at the moment. Real PvP is non-existent. This sort of thing might actually convince me to re-sub after my current sub runs out, because at this stage, with all the trying to release pve content and not fixing bugs.... it just ain't gonna happen.

Yup, a lot like the Warhammer online system, I loved pvp in warhammer, I will get behind this easily. Problem is it will take more than 3 months to implement and thats the amoun tof time i have given BW to re-hook me. We will see. A big thanks to the guys from vengeance of the fallen for taking the time to think this through and suggest it to BW

Yes to territory control

Yes to base defense

Yes to real Open World PvP - everywhere

No to grinding valor for gear (all gear should be crafted)

No to rewards for PvP - PvP is it's own reward

No to limited PvP

Scrap Ilum, do something like the OP suggests

Aaaand - take a stance, show us that you care about our complaints. Tell us what are you going to do. Do not add new content, before you fix the one you have now. New warzone is not the answer. Thank you!

"Technical Fairness" isnt really something that should be associated with OWPvP, and while its a small improvement, the reward revamp isn't exactly getting off the gear reward system either. (which i despise because its just another farm moo-cow mechanic)

The way to capture base sounds far more complicated than it should be.

"For bases to be captured the attackers would be required to get to the "objective" area and start slicing the base computer. The time required for a full slice would be from 5 to 10min. When this is on-going the person slicing will be protected by an impenetrable shield thus stopping any stealthers or mass kamikaze incursions from defenders stopping the flip. In order to deactivate the shield there is another console that will need to be activated that takes a 10s channel also creating another fighting point.

It would be easier just to fall back on something that works well and just put a base commander that you have to kill to take it over.

To ensure a fair fight on both sides the the return time to the base should be kept as close as possible for both attackers and defenders. Players should never be out of the fight for huge amounts of time but attackers should be able to have objectives and points to hold to stop reinforcements and defenders should also have points that are highly valued such as the speeder to ensure reinforcements can continue to come in.

i dont like this idea either. Having people return to the fight that quickly just enables a farm mentality instead of a "im clearing out defenders to capture this base" way of thinking like it should be. This is the major problem with the Alderaan warzone.. Defenders can return to objectives far too quickly, making it extremely difficult for attackers to get any ground.

Edited by Saelyth