Playable and Companion species suggestion checklist thread

Vitas

Most of the Kaleesh in gae speak basic and sound humnan. As for Trandoshan I think its only BW who decided they can't speak basic nothing in lore seems to suggest this, and they may have done it just for money saving. Half way through the republic story I noticed all the Twi'lek can't speak basic any more and only 2 or 3 Kel'dor seem to speak basic and the other speak alien but we know that species can speak basic.

No, Trandoshans have been known in lore to be able to speak basic.

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off, I'd love to see a smaller species, like the Dug or the gand. The cutscene layout of the game would easily allow it as proven by the tiny jedi glitch at early release and it'd add some flavor to get playable characaters that were clearly not like humans in appearance.

Second; why not have independent droids as a species? You'd specify the general size and shape at creation and your droid body parts would change as you equipped them (i.e. instead of wrist guards you could have arms, helmets would be head types and so on).

and yes, I'm ignoring the issues of voice acting; will comment on that when I have something worked out.

First off, I'd love to see a smaller species, like the Dug or the gand. The cutscene layout of the game would easily allow it as proven by the tiny jedi glitch at early release and it'd add some flavor to get playable characaters that were clearly not like humans in appearance.

Second; why not have independent droids as a species? You'd specify the general size and shape at creation and your droid body parts would change as you equipped them (i.e. instead of wrist guards you could have arms, helmets would be head types and so on).

and yes, I'm ignoring the issues of voice acting; will comment on that when I have something worked out.

I agree as well, shorter races/species (also less attractive ones) brings more options and people. why I love Defels, (yes they almost as tall as humans, but they are still shorter, and damn ugly, and known to speak common and fit with in both sides of the lore).

I want devaronians. They'd be easy to get into the game and they speak basic and even sound like humans. Same with chagrian. Both already exist in game... I'm gonna go mainstream here and say togruta and nautolan too. I really want kaleesh as well. All of these could work with the existing voice acting for each class, they'd simply need to be adapted more to the game. And I sure could go for a devaronian sith :cool: Edited by Evil_Jashinist

Cathar...really...really. What a waste of resources, I mean does SWTOR even read any of the posts made? Who the hell said anything about wanting such a retarded species when there are soooooo many better options.

Cathar...really...really. What a waste of resources, I mean does SWTOR even read any of the posts made? Who the hell said anything about wanting such a retarded species when there are soooooo many better options.

Progress is progress. I know (and came from) a couple of games where the devs laughed at suggestion threads like these. Cathar today...who knows what will come tomorrow.

Progress is progress. I know (and came from) a couple of games where the devs laughed at suggestion threads like these. Cathar today...who knows what will come tomorrow.

I agree. I dont want to play a Cathar but I am happy to see new species coming in hopefully a lot more on the way.

It was one of the most requested species on the forums along with Togruta. I can imagine the latter would be next after Cathar but that's what most of the fans have been wanting. Plus they're already in-game as NPCs so less work on creating models, they're able to speak basic and their tone of voice is clear to understand.

I'd like to see several of those that they listed. More specifically:

Trandoshan BH (one of my favorite suggestions), Gand BH, Rodian, Bothan, and Nautolan

Call me crazy, but I'd roll a Selkath anything if it were a playable race. Worlds I'd love to see worked into the game would be Kashyyk and Manaan....maybe even Telos. I know Manaan might be a little hard to fit into SWTOR, but I think it could be cool. Don't ask me why I'd like to roll a Selkath....I just woke up one day like "I wanna play as a Selkath." Random and strange. But, there you go, BioWare....my suggestions (albeit a different topic) for future planets: Manaan, Telos, Kashyyk.

It was suggested in one of the original threads, near the bottom of the first page, I believe. I can't remember which thread, though.

I'd like to see several of those that they listed. More specifically:

Trandoshan BH (one of my favorite suggestions), Gand BH, Rodian, Bothan, and Nautolan

Call me crazy, but I'd roll a Selkath anything if it were a playable race. Worlds I'd love to see worked into the game would be Kashyyk and Manaan....maybe even Telos. I know Manaan might be a little hard to fit into SWTOR, but I think it could be cool. Don't ask me why I'd like to roll a Selkath....I just woke up one day like "I wanna play as a Selkath." Random and strange. But, there you go, BioWare....my suggestions (albeit a different topic) for future planets: Manaan, Telos, Kashyyk.

I'm hoping we'll soon get more alien like playable species.

For worlds which you'd like to see explorable, you can post your wish list in this thread:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=212256

Barabel for Bounty Hunter and Sith Warrior. Just thought it would be super awesome (tail and all :p)

Voss for Consular (they're so pretty!)

Zeltron for Inquisitor

Quarren for Trooper

Nautolan for Jedi Knight and Trooper

Add to all that Togruta, Selonians, Kel Dor and Verpine, and we got us a party!

Edited by Maullum

Well...I suppose Cathar are fine so long as they add more in the future. My wish list in most desired order: Nautolan, Togruta, Selkath, Mon Calamari and Selonian.

Well Togruta has been the 2nd most requested playable species so I'd imagine that we'd be getting them after.

I'd like to see Duinuogwuin NPCs. They would be kind of impossible as companions, but it would make sense to have one appear in a sidequest, as they are mentioned in the codex somewhere. If they did appear, they'd probably fill a role similar to that of the Hutts, NPCs that only talk but never really move much.

Created a thread shortly before finding this one:

New Playable Race in 1.4 (Cathar to stay or go?)

Please feel free to add to the discussion these as well and promote the security or change of the new species.

Well obviously once Cathar is made playable they shouldn't then be removed later. We want there to be more choices available, it would be a waste of development time and effort just to have them removed afterwards.

I'd like to see kaleesh,ortolans,togruta,chagrian,houk,Gand,selonian,weequay,Wookie,mon calamari,talz,trandoshan , ithorian and maybe devaronian (females wouldn't work well as bounty hunters or smugglers as they are usually more "sensible" than the males but they would be great as consulars or knights) as playable. All of them are in the game and most of them are companions except for kaleesh,ortolans and ithorians. Bioware may have a bit of trouble putting in Wookie, ortolans and ithorian because of size and they don't speak basic but I wouldn't mind reading subtitles. All of the others would be easy enough go rbioware to put them in. I would also like to see quarrel and selonian NPC's.

Bioware may have a bit of trouble putting in Wookie, ortolans and ithorian because of size and they don't speak basic but I wouldn't mind reading subtitles. All of the others would be easy enough go rbioware to put them in.

Quoting this for everyone to read (if they can be bothered or are able to) to show that reading subtitles shouldn't be a problem if they're unable to speak basic.

I'd like to see kaleesh,ortolans,togruta,chagrian,houk,Gand,selonian,weequay,Wookie,mon calamari,talz,trandoshan , ithorian and maybe devaronian (females wouldn't work well as bounty hunters or smugglers as they are usually more "sensible" than the males but they would be great as consulars or knights) as playable. All of them are in the game and most of them are companions except for kaleesh,ortolans and ithorians. Bioware may have a bit of trouble putting in Wookie, ortolans and ithorian because of size and they don't speak basic but I wouldn't mind reading subtitles. All of the others would be easy enough go rbioware to put them in. I would also like to see quarrel and selonian NPC's.

SI gets a kaleesh companion

named Xalek at the end of Voss quest line