Petition for NO Arena clones in Star Wars: TOR

AntoniusDelitan

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

usually i hate arenas, but seeing this game has no world pvp AT ALL (no ilum isn't world pvp) then i guess arenas couldn't hurt.

ps you need to remove petition from the subject of this thread and replace it with suggestion or the mods will close the thread.

Edited by Evuke

I never understood anti- arena people. Just because you sucked at it doesn't mean the rest of us did. Some of us ENJOY skilled/coordinated PvP more than a mindless zerg rush after the Warzone objective. I honestly think players hate any aspect of the game they aren't personally good at.

I'd LOVE arena in this game. but I was successful in WoW arena, so there ya go. In before more PvE superstars who couldn't break 1800 come in and whine arena ruins the game.

I never understood anti- arena people. Just because you sucked at it doesn't mean the rest of us did. Some of us ENJOY skilled/coordinated PvP more than a mindless zerg rush after the Warzone objective. I honestly think players hate any aspect of the game they aren't personally good at.

I'd LOVE arena in this game. but I was successful in WoW arena, so there ya go. In before more PvE superstars who couldn't break 1800 come in and whine arena ruins the game.

Skilled, coordinated PvP was found in Rated Battlegrounds, not Arena. Thanks for playing, though. Your concerns were addressed in the original post.

If you have to rely on personal attacks to make your point, you don't really have a point worth making. A good argument stands on its own.

I had great success in WoW arenas, too, yet I still don't want to see them here, at least not if they award uber gear. The balancing hassles, the overpowered FOTM team compositions, the arena grind, the epeen measuring mouth-breathers.....these are all things I'd like to avoid or minimize as much as possible.

Now, if they were to introduce an arena type of PvP that awarded cosmetic/social gear, titles, and other "fun" things, I'd be fine with it. But a WoW-style arena that awards uber gear? <Thanks for the offer, but I'll have to pass>

Edited by belialle

/burn petition

everyone is so stuck on world of warcraft.

get over that game people. this is SWTOR not WoW.

just becasue world of badcraft had an arena system doesnt mean every game has to follow that system.

UO gamers Hybrid has an arena system that is a simple ladder that does nothing else.

im sure that people here could care less about getting gear from it and simply want it to add another form of pvp for us to do.

im pretty sure that if they offered nothing but titles and minor rewards such as a small amount of valor or coms no one would be against it.

honestly if we got nothing from it but a smaller version of what we get for a WZ what would be the problem?

honestly someone asked for it and EVERY BAD 1V1 person jumped to the conclusion we want gear from it or want it to take over WZ and world pvp.

/burn petition

everyone is so stuck on world of warcraft.

get over that game people. this is SWTOR not WoW.

just becasue world of badcraft had an arena system doesnt mean every game has to follow that system.

But that's what people want.... they want an arena like Warcraft's.... and claim it was wildly popular. The reason it was so popular was because it was the fastest way to cap Conquest.

I hated it, as did my RBG group.

Right now, I'd be happy with some faction balance so I'm not riding in circles around Ilum like I just got my driver's permit....

^ LOL, this. That's the biggest problem with this game by a mile. All your arenas and rated WZ's wont mean squat if you can't find any Republic players to go against.

at least in arenas you can hve a direct impact on the outcome as opposed to relying on 4 random players who dont care about the game but just want to get their kills up.

I'm getting sick o playing hutball where the team that wins is the one who brings the most classes with push / pull abilities.

When are we going to be able to que 8 at a time...