Petition for NO Arena clones in Star Wars: TOR

AntoniusDelitan

*Disclaimer* this post is mostly trolling but there is a lot of truth to it...

A fun part of arenas: "Ok juke this guy's trinket then I'll cc him then you cc him then you cc him and while he's stuck let's burst his buddy down ok?" If we add arenas let's at least add cross team chat so you can let the poor guy know the cc choo choo is comin so he can go grab a sandwich or somethin while you have his keyboard unplugged. :)

And completely ignores resolve, CC breakers, or the fact your buddy is not a useless lump on a log and at least one of you should have access to CC as well. So, in fact, no real truth at all.

I am still waiting on ANY legitimate reason why arenas are bad and/or should not be implemented.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

/signed

Arena does not belong in here. I want full scale, faction-important PvP.

This is Star WARS, not Star Wars Games or Star Games or Star Sports

SW have a lot of arenas

Also enjoy your full scale with 5 fps with the crappy engine.

I think holy paladin + unholy death knight in season 5 demonstrates very well how little seriousness arena should be taken as a measurement of player ability.

So you are using a short lived comp from EIGHT seasons ago to justify completely axing arenas? Does not seems very rational to me.

And completely ignores resolve, CC breakers, or the fact your buddy is not a useless lump on a log and at least one of you should have access to CC as well. So, in fact, no real truth at all.

I am still waiting on ANY legitimate reason why arenas are bad and/or should not be implemented.

Well I did point out that it was trolling and exaggeration was there, but juking a trinket is forcing them to blow their cc breaker prematurely. For example: stun healer and put heavy pressure on one of his teammates, he trinkets to heal and then you let his resolve bar go back down to 0 (which takes way less than the 2 minutes till he can break another CC). Now you do the same process but stagger out ccs and keep him from getting a heal off while you rock his buddy and he is unable to break said CC now.

And if you've pvped at all in this game so far you know as well as I do how well the resolve bar works to stop CC right now.

Edited by Steevog

/signed.

Quit WoW after arena caused them to mess with all the class mechanics/trees/abilities.

Never returned.

I like the complexity of the classes in SWToR. Don't dumb it down and alter everything for arena. I mostly PvE and hate watching my class be nerfed or drastically altered for small scale PvP balance.

Well I did point out that it was trolling and exaggeration was there, but juking a trinket is forcing them to blow their cc breaker prematurely. For example: stun healer and put heavy pressure on one of his teammates, he trinkets to heal and then you let his resolve bar go back down to 0 (which takes way less than the 2 minutes till he can break another CC). Now you do the same process but stagger out ccs and keep him from getting a heal off while you rock his buddy and he is unable to break said CC now.

And if you've pvped at all in this game so far you know as well as I do how well the resolve bar works to stop CC right now.

You can not claim "troll status" and "lots of truth". One negates the other. You either have a valid point or you don't. Also, anyone who uses their CC breaker on a short stun deserves to lose. That is tactics and understanding how to best respond to your opponents is a big part of arenas. Also, by you implying resolve does not work, just means you do not understand how it works. I have yet to see an issue with resolve. Read this for more information on resolve

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=61363

You can not claim "troll status" and "lots of truth". One negates the other. You either have a valid point or you don't. Also, anyone who uses their CC breaker on a short stun deserves to lose. That is tactics and understanding how to best respond to your opponents is a big part of arenas. Also, by you implying resolve does not work, just means you do not understand how it works. I have yet to see an issue with resolve. Read this for more information on resolve

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=61363

So, you eat two 4-second stuns back to back while your buddy uses his face to stop the pain train for 8 seconds?

Hope he knows how to use defensive cooldowns...

Oh, he's a sniper/operative/sorceror? And can't handle being focused?

Guess you'd better trinket the second stun to save him...

Oh, then after resolve runs out, you got CC'd and they burst your partner down with impunity?

Guess you just got outplayed, son.... had nothing to do with gimp-arse class comp imbalances.

Edited by AntoniusDelitan

If anything, it should be introduced as an entry level form of PvP because it was not based on skill at all. It was based on:

1. What spec are you.
  2. What class are your teammates.

End of list. The only people that were exceptional had way too much time on their hands and just grinded the new FotM to level and gear cap when a new season rolled along and everyone switched seats in the nerf/buff musical chairs. Except for anyone who played a mage. They always got the long end of the stick every season.

That's just an excuse. yeah class and comp can matter, but its also the teamwork.

It takes more skill to beat people 3 on 3 then WZs. Arena is objective based. Kill them and don't die the way PvP should be.

The skill involves coordinating teamplay working out ways to beat a counter, but most people don't view it this way caus they enter with friends and yell kill the mage and then silence with some mouthbreating for 5 minutes and wonder why they lost.

I won't bother hard to change the minds of the players who always had an excuse for losing......

Only legitimate Excuse ever was "DK"

edited my wall of text

Edited by GreenReafer

It's kinda funny to see all these Arena post with PvEers and casual PvPers crying about how Arena shouldn't reward better gear....

I'm fine with Arena not giving better gear as long as PvPers get the same treatment and have access to the BIS PvE gear by only doing normal lvl 50 flashpoints.

/Agreed

Average PvP person who is opposed to Arena blamed the gear and comp as the reason for losing, without realising it was easy to get to the top gear in the BG items.

Just takes time till you find the right group of players with similar personalities

So, you eat two 4-second stuns back to back while your buddy uses his face to stop the pain train for 8 seconds?

Hope he knows how to use defensive cooldowns...

Oh, he's a sniper/operative/sorceror? And can't handle being focused?

Guess you'd better trinket the second stun to save him...

Oh, then after resolve runs out, you got CC'd and they burst your partner down with impunity?

Guess you just got outplayed, son.... had nothing to do with gimp-arse class comp imbalances.

This proves you have no idea how resolve works. If you use your CC breaker on the 2nd stun, you will be immune to CC. And if your partner is just standing there taking a beating, then he is an idiot. You mentioned operative, well I don't play one, but I am almost positive they have an ability that makes them go stealth and pulls them out of combat. That would seem like a good time to use that.

You seem to think of all the offensive things people can do, but fail to recognize the many defensive counters that are available to every class. Arena is about fast paced move and counter move. You can not just take a preplanned course of actions and assume it will work out. It is an ever fluid battle where tactics win and button mashing fail.