Did you come from WoW and have you gone back?

NoTTaShoT

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Left WOW after 5 years and 4 attempts to quit it, I can finally say I havnt even looked back at.

That said, this game is not going to be the end all be all for me, but it seems to keep me entertained enough to be worthwhile.

I played WoW since OB and I don't see myself going back. I did not have a steady guild or a lot of friends I kept up with when I left though. For the last year I kind of just..wondered lol. Got geared out did some raids but meh.

I hope BW is quick with this games progression lol.

i play STo and TOR

I enjoy sto for its space battles and crew Doff system

I play TOR because I love scifi but in its current state I have reservations.

never played WoW...i migrated from eq2

Edited by Garravesh

Everyone says that they're the "everyman." The fact is that there IS no "consensus," there's a huge spectrum of preference with no single one being representative of anything close to a majority. Stop trying to universalize your own perspective.

About 10 out of 150 in our WoW guild gave it a try, since then only has maintained a subscription. How are we not a spectrum for the playerbase at large? Take a college-level statistics class.

You realize Pandaren have been a part of the lore for a long, long time, right?

Not long at all my friend. They first appeared in the Warcraft 3 (bonus quest).

As for WoW. It should have died post-Burning Crusade or perhaps Cataclysm-an ever-sinking ship.

I played WoW from vanilla through 4.1

I never had as much fun in all those years in WoW as I have in SWTOR.

How can someone write this and believe in what they're typing.

WoW is an amazingly expansive MMO with so many different possibilities and magic at every corner. It's a ground-breaking game that will go down in history as the most successful game of all-time, at least until they release Titan.

How can you possibly say TOR is better than WoW? How? Explain your feelings. Honest question. Is it the choppy, laggy gameplay? The lack of ANY MMO features? The phasing?

Are you REALLY that into cut-scenes and choosing dialogue which has literally ZERO impact on your gameplay experience?

It's so baffling to me. Baffling.

You realize Pandaren have been a part of the lore for a long, long time, right?

Since the Warcraft 3 Expansion, and they started out as an April Fools joke.

And I'm with crazyjeffy on that. I jumped ship the second I heard about the Panda thing.

About 10 out of 150 in our WoW guild gave it a try, since then only has maintained a subscription. How are we not a spectrum for the playerbase at large? Take a college-level statistics class.

what? a small sample of a guild made up from people who must share common interests and have spent time together and formed social bonds?

I think that college level stats course is something you may want to check out.

Since the Warcraft 3 Expansion, and they started out as an April Fools joke.

And I'm with crazyjeffy on that. I jumped ship the second I heard about the Panda thing.

..and you'll be back when it goes live. You'll try it, and then remember where home is. You'll explore Pandaria, do the new dungeons, make a monk, and even raid. People are quick to judge and look cool, until they're back putting in their CC info on battle.net.

Take one yourself. Ten people out of the hundreds of thousands playing this game doth not a representative sample make. Just because it's -your- perspective doesn't make it a plurality. Shocking, I know.

Edited by Pastorfrog

what? a small sample of a guild made up from people who must share common interests and have spent time together and formed social bonds?

I think that college level stats course is something you may want to check out.

I was unaware social bonds were able to be formed in this game. It is a single-player game, isn't it?

Take one yourself. Ten people out of the hundreds of thousands playing this game doth not a representative sample make. Just because it's -your- perspective doesn't make it a plurality. Shocking, I know.

Honestly, if you have ever played WoW and you enjoy SW:TOR.. there's an issue with standards and gaming in general. I can understand someone never playing WoW and thinking this game is a 5/10 because they don't know what a real MMO is with features and such, but to play WoW.. and then claim TOR is better.. well that person is in denial or lying for some reason. It just doesn't make sense.

..and you'll be back when it goes live. You'll try it, and then remember where home is. You'll explore Pandaria, do the new dungeons, make a monk, and even raid. People are quick to judge and look cool, until they're back putting in their CC info on battle.net.

you're a funny guy . though i loved wow for many years ,currently it's a shameful representation of it's distant, former self ..

Edited by badseed

How can someone write this and believe in what they're typing.

WoW is an amazingly expansive MMO with so many different possibilities and magic at every corner. It's a ground-breaking game that will go down in history as the most successful game of all-time, at least until they release Titan.

How can you possibly say TOR is better than WoW? How? Explain your feelings. Honest question. Is it the choppy, laggy gameplay? The lack of ANY MMO features? The phasing?

Are you REALLY that into cut-scenes and choosing dialogue which has literally ZERO impact on your gameplay experience?

It's so baffling to me. Baffling.

Coming from WoW-US beta myself, if one decides to compare 2 mmo's they should do so fairly. In this case let us compare; WoW post-30 days release and SWTOR republic post-30 days release. It seems as though certain folk are quick to forget that one has been out for many years (=improvements).

Honestly, if you have ever played WoW and you enjoy SW:TOR.. there's an issue with standards and gaming in general. I can understand someone never playing WoW and thinking this game is a 5/10 because they don't know what a real MMO is with features and such, but to play WoW.. and then claim TOR is better.. well that person is in denial or lying for some reason. It just doesn't make sense.

Why cant you grasp that some people just dont like WoW and hence consider TOR the better game? I dont need to be objective, Im not a critic, I go with what I enjoy and that wasnt WoW.

I played WoW for 6+ years, in addition to many MMOs, I am done with WoW, I loved my time there, but it is over for me. I am currently playing SWToR, but since it is a worse game than WoW, not sure how much longer I will play.

Same situation but it's the beginning.

If i see the developer makes some change

(view http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=216855) i'll pay for the 1 year account at closed eyes immediately.