Did you come from WoW and have you gone back?

NoTTaShoT

Why cant you grasp that some people just dont like WoW and hence consider TOR the better game?

Because it's simply not possible. It's not.

lmao-- oh my god... I honestly don't think I've ever seen such concentrated fanboyness.

Go play WoW, Feelinestars. If actually think it's so ******ically good that it's impossible not to like it, then go play it.

lmao... still laughing at the devotion.

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Came from WoW. I love the story of the classes and actually enjoy questing in SWTOR, which I never did in WoW. That being said, once I finish my stories, I'm probably going back.

I find the combat mechanics awful for melee (which is my favorite to play), and PVP is a mess. There's no other way to describe it. Add in no macros, no combat log, and no mods.... it's not really much of a choice. The voice acting is nice and all, but not enough to keep me.

I would like a flow to my abilities and some kind of rotation. Honestly, there's probable too many abilities that are too similar to each other. IMO.

I still haven't seen one response which shows how SW:TOR did it better than WoW in any feature, in any way, shape, or form. All this game does is LACK features. It offers NOTHING NEW. Don't you guys realize you're being ripped off and asked to pay a monthly subscription for a single-player game and you're all blind to it because of your connection to the Star Wars lore?

Someone tell me right now how SW:TOR has done it better than WoW in any facet of the game. Go.

You want to know one thing that SWTOR does better than WOW? For me it's one very simple thing. SWTOR is fun to play. WOW isn't. I started playing MMOs with EQ. Played that till EQ2 came out. Played EQ2 for 3 years. Played COH for 6 years. I've played Vanguard, DOAC, Champions, STO, DCUO, WAR, and yes even WOW. WOW was the most boring MMO I have ever played. I lasted 3 weeks then went back to COH. But this is all my OPINION. Obviously yours is different. But you expect everyone else to dislike this game because you do. I don't feel I'm being ripped off and I plan on continuing to subscribe. Oh and before you start accusing me of being a fanboi, this is the first Bioware game I've played since Baldur's Gate, so don't even bother with the fanboi accusation.

Edited by Monfort

WoW was the last MMO I played, but I stopped playing it several months before SWTOR's release, simply because I wasn't enjoying it anymore. WoW is a great game, I had a lot of fun playing it, but I won't be going back. I had my fun and I don't think I'll enjoy playing it again anytime soon.

Yup, that ^

try the free 7 day trial , .. dont buy it .. 7 day free sub is enough to know the game sucks ;p

took me 3 days :s

I wouldn't say RIFT sucks. Having played it from beta to launch (and about 2 months after) it's a decent generic fantasy MMO with a very small game world, and one of (if not the) fastest time to level cap in the genre. They do a pretty good job of adding content at a pretty rapid pace as well. But IMO it's not nearly as good a game as SW:TOR, and for me, the real killer is the fantasy setting that's been done and overdone to death.

To each their own though. :)

World of Warcraft, your Wife will love it! :D

She really likes it.

It surprised me to be fair she isn't exactly a "gamer". The only games she usually plays are Sims and adventure/mystery point and click types.

I'm going to give her a bit of time on that and then try and branch her out to more games.

Give me a few years and i'll have her swearing through a headset on CoD 3000.

5 mins? thats a pretty ignorant post. But I call bs on your 5 mins regardless.

Call all the BS you want.

It's a stupid game. Im just glad i didn't pay any money for it and just played the trial.

And it's not ignorant considering that it took 5 minutes for me to decide, this game is idiotic.

I stopped playing WoW right after my guild started hard mode progression on Cho'gall and Nefarian, so it's been a while. I had been playing WoW since release... and honestly it is a VERY good game. I had a lot of fun with my real life friends, and I even made a bunch of friends through the game. But my time with WoW is at an end. Those friends stopped logging on, and I lost my will to play as well. Now, seeing what Blizzard is turning the game into, I will never have a desire to go back. SWTOR may be flawed, but I think this is my MMO home for now.

I wouldn't say RIFT sucks. Having played it from beta to launch (and about 2 months after) it's a decent generic fantasy MMO with a very small game world, and one of (if not the) fastest time to level cap in the genre. They do a pretty good job of adding content at a pretty rapid pace as well. But IMO it's not nearly as good a game as SW:TOR, and for me, the real killer is the fantasy setting that's been done and overdone to death.

To each their own though. :)

I'm the complete opposite of you. Opinions are opinions.

I log in SW, look at this ability delayed lack of content pixilated mess , then log in RIFT and wonder *** they did with 200 mill

Well actually i stopped my sub for WoW 2 months before SWTOR came out.

But SWTOR made me sub for WoW again and having great fun in WoW ever since.

I still got 2 months gametime left for SWTOR ( GF gave me SWTOR + 2 Month card for christmas )

But right now i only play WoW and havent played SWTOR for about 2 weeks.

And btw at the people complaining about Panda's and Pokemons.

You can allready play as a cow, a small guy with pink hair so i dont really see the problem.

Do not play the game but my brother does. I am over at his house for BBQ's often and one thing i do hear from him, and i ask, is the customer service good? He states yes, they are contacted by live csr's or a gm, problems are fixed on the spot or within a reasonable amount of time, people cannot rip you off becaus ethe gm's and csr's handle them swiftly, all things this game does not have.

SWTOR is losing folks, my one payment will run out next month, unless i see marked improvement in customer service, i wont give them anymore cash. Bugs i understand, beyond lousy customer service i do not, i have flooded the BBB with complaints and will continue to do so until my final payment time expires.

As much as i loathe WOW, playing SWTOR tends to make a person at least look over at the big gorilla and ponder a question or two.

A lot of people enjoy WoW, and that's fine. I got really tired of the whole world being treated like a big joke, personally. The constant barage of pop-culture references wore me down. The fantasy mainstays and bright, cartoon colors made me feel like I was playing a game designed for a little girl or something. :p

Call all the BS you want.

It's a stupid game. Im just glad i didn't pay any money for it and just played the trial.

And it's not ignorant considering that it took 5 minutes for me to decide, this game is idiotic.

you cant judge a game by 5 minutes play , that means you havent even unlocked new skills or ability's or anything, so you played lvl to 2 , maaaybe lvl 3 in 5 mins ;p ..

meant you havent seen anything , not combat mechanics and new skills/ability's etc.

not seen anything of the world besides start area,

no crafting ,

no dungeon ... well you get the picture , that why your ignnorant

to each his own game , i agree .. but i'm not a wow fanboy or swtor fanboi, but i know wow was a realy great game altho leveling took pretty long from 1 to 60 , sins everything was so big , but realy enjoyed every inch vanilla content and was the best , best comunity also on myserver at least, till everything went to **** few years later but thats another story

liking swtor so far realy good too , and also sins teres not much else to do , quit wow over a year back or so, gets boring playing same game for so long , never played game for years before ..

but anyway next time think before you post anything.

Edited by Genesizs

you cant judge a game by 5 minutes play , that means you havent even unlocked new skills or ability's or anything, so you played lvl to 2 , maaaybe lvl 3 in 5 mins ;p ..

meant you havent seen anything , not combat mechanics and new skills/ability's etc.

not seen anything of the world besides start area,

no crafting ,

no dungeon ... well you get the picture , that why your ignnorant

to each his own game , i agree .. buti'm not wow fanboy or swtor fanboi, but i know wow was a realy great game altho leveling took pretty long from 1 to 60 , sins everythig nwas so big , but realy enjoyed every inch vanilla content was the best , best comunity also on myserver at least, till everything went to **** few years later but thats another story

liking swtor so far realy good too , and also sins teres not much else to do , quit wow over a year back or so, gets boring playing same game for so long , never played game for years before ..

but anyway next time think before you post anything.

LoL Im ignorant because i can spot a waste of time when i see it... The people who populate that game was reason enough.

Sure....

How can someone write this and believe in what they're typing.

WoW is an amazingly expansive MMO with so many different possibilities and magic at every corner. It's a ground-breaking game that will go down in history as the most successful game of all-time, at least until they release Titan.

How can you possibly say TOR is better than WoW? How? Explain your feelings. Honest question. Is it the choppy, laggy gameplay? The lack of ANY MMO features? The phasing?

Are you REALLY that into cut-scenes and choosing dialogue which has literally ZERO impact on your gameplay experience?

It's so baffling to me. Baffling.

So, how long have you worked for Blizzard?

Just curious to how many players came from WoW and have returned or how many are still playing ToR?

I myself am playing both games, I know it's crazy but I think it's ok to enjoy more than one game at a time :D

came from wow. played since 2004.

haven't gone back.

I don;t think wow is a bad game I just like swtor right now.

I myself am playing both games, I know it's crazy but I think it's ok to enjoy more than one game at a time :D

Same here, I've no plans on leaving either game in the near future. I'm a long time gamer and enjoy getting my fix in multiple games :)

I'm recently coming off of a break from WoW.

Picked up Star Wars, was really excited, burned out at level 42. The game didn't feel alive and I ended up just slamming the space bar to get quests. Once I hit the point where I couldn't force myself to log on, I quit. Within a day of quitting, I resubbed to WoW and rerolled level 1. I have never been happier.

The community is alive. HOWEVER: I am of course biased to play WoW. Some of my fondest childhood memories rest in that game, so of course the familiarity and nostalgia will make me happy playing it.

So there's my story, SWTOR essentially made me "see the light" that WoW still shines.

I'm recently coming off of a break from WoW.

Picked up Star Wars, was really excited, burned out at level 42. The game didn't feel alive and I ended up just slamming the space bar to get quests. Once I hit the point where I couldn't force myself to log on, I quit. Within a day of quitting, I resubbed to WoW and rerolled level 1. I have never been happier.

The community is alive. HOWEVER: I am of course biased to play WoW. Some of my fondest childhood memories rest in that game, so of course the familiarity and nostalgia will make me happy playing it.

So there's my story, SWTOR essentially made me "see the light" that WoW still shines.

basically my post lol.

I started playing my mage and about 10 minutes in I called out on vent.. "guys... GUYS.. has the combat always been this damn smooth?" "maybe ill play some pvp" "Omg guys I got a que in literally 1 second what the fudge" "well atleast ill get rolled by people with better gear" "holy **** I just hit some kid for 50k back to back" and so on. Enjoying it so much more than swtor.