Tracer missile tracer missile tracer missile tracer missile tracer missile

ReRuined

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL awesome. I love how mercs are suggesting to just break LOS. Works great if your attacks aren't limited to 4m range. So if you're melee and don't want tracer missile spam crits for 4-5k just hide, sure no medals but at least mercs won't get nerfed.

I would suggest:

Reduce Tracer Missile damage by 20%

Reduce Armor Penetration on High Velocity Gas Cylinder by 20%

Tracer Missile now has a 50% chance to apply heat signature and target lock

You think we like that? Gimme a break. Give me an interrupt or a jump (Not sure why a Bounty Hunter can't charge people with ROCKETS DUH).....

Otherwise we have no abilities other than tracer......

this.

Most the people I know who were playing merc quit the class at about 40 and rerolled. They tracer then rail shot.

Personally I'd shorten the induction by half, cut the damage to a quarter and make other abilities more worthwhile. As it stands it is just the best damage/heat ability, that you NEED to use for the armor reduction. Too much utility in this one ability to NOT use it a lot as an arsenal specced merc.

This thread is awesome -- it let's everyone know who is a terrible pvper.

Commando/Mercs are easily handled at current end game. In fact, if you are rolling against anything other than terrible PUGs, you will probably be tempted up the healer tree or hybrid.

These are the last classes that will see a nerf with the game as is. The only change BW could do here is to rework how the whole tree functions...but lets face it, bad players would just find some other random aspect to cry about.

Edited by Pulpp

They designed it that way, lol, you're supposed to spam it, it gives a stacking debuff.

If the point of the power was to apply the debuff it wouldn't need to hit so hard. It would be a move that you would work into your rotation and reapply as necessary to keep the stacks from falling off. Right now, it hits so hard that it's the go to move, and all the other attacks are merely there for the rare few mercenaries that have the "ability" to hit a different button during the four seconds if anybody... God forbid... interrupts their move.

Here's an oldie but a goody.

Someone needs to do the SWTOR mercenary version and have a little brown turd dump out their back end every time they do that ridiculous squat.

If you were, then you'd know the currently accepted truth is Empire is favorite mechanics wise.

herpp

And if you had the mental fortitude to read the second line of my post you would see that I acknowledged that.

This is when I should say 'derp', right?

Also, whilst animations cause delays in damage dealing, nobody is claiming that the actual damage numbers are skewed, which you are. It's all about the delay. Grav and Tracer do exactly the same damage type and have exactly the same numerical values for their damage on their tooltips. There is no reason to believe that Grav deals substantially less damage than Tracer simply because you say so.

This thread is awesome -- it let's everyone know who is a terrible pvper.

Commando/Mercs are easily handled at current end game. In fact, if you are rolling against anything other than terrible PUGs, you will probably be tempted up the healer tree or hybrid.

These are the last classes that will see a nerf with the game as is. The only change BW could do here is to rework how the whole tree functions...but lets face it, bad players would just find some other random aspect to cry about.

And you are completely missing the point. The entire class is designed to spam 1 ability. Every other class has 2, 3, and sometimes 4 full bars of abilities that they HAVE to use. Meanwhile with Merc/Comm you can do just fine with a single ability.

As for the LoS comments, really? If this games pvp was Team Deathmatch, they may be a valid arguement, but since it is objective based, it's not. Clearly, most people think it is TDM.

Edited by ReRuined

And you are completely missing the point. The entire class is designed to spam 1 ability. Every other class has 2, 3, and sometimes 4 full bars of abilities that they HAVE to use. Meanwhile with Merc/Comm you can do just fine with a single ability.

I think you are completely missguided and wrong. You're going for the obvious animations rather than the actual damage. You're worried about my 1.4-1.6k channeled ability opposed to my 2.8k & 2k instant cast abilities because those two have a barely noticeable graphics. Very much like the Sorcerer lightning moans. If someone is simply standing there and spamming Grav/Tracer they are actually wasting time where they could be doing more damage with unload/full auto/HiB/demo round etc. People are using Grav/Tracer because of the proc's and buffs it gives all the actual juicy stuff, people are complaining about it because it is so obvious looking.

Many of the tanks I have spoken to Gaurds/Marauders consider gunnery/arsenal players as free kills, and they are if all they know how to do is grav/tracer.

Every class has a staple skill, this is the Force lighting/disturbance/Slash of the class when specced gunnery. Take away the buffs/debuffs/procs on grav round and there would be no point taking it, it's damage output is only slightly better than charged rounds(the skill it replaces on a lot fo skill bars.)

Operatives *and* Scoundrels were saying that. You know why? Because they're mirrors and the abilities do the same amount of damage.

And ONLY Mercenaries are saying it because they AREN'T mirrored. They do not do the same amount of damage. Please stop lying through your teeth.

Actually it goes more like..

Tracer Missile Away! .... cant see target.. crap

Chase..

Tracer Missile Away!!.. Cant see target.. crap

Chase...

Tracer Missile Away!! ... cant see target... /groan

Chase..

Tracer Missile Away!!.. cant see target.. /sigh

chase..

Traser Missile Away!!.. cant see target... /punchmonitor

Yoinks and away !!

And ONLY Mercenaries are saying it because they AREN'T mirrored. They do not do the same amount of damage. Please stop lying through your teeth.

There's a whole two of you making this claim at the moment, and with no proof. You probably shouldn't be trying to speak for the whole community. All readily verifiable data indicates that the abilities are complete mirrors. If you can demonstrate actual proof supporting your claim, then I will concede that an adjustment needs to be made as they are intended to be completely equal.

You think we like that? Gimme a break. Give me an interrupt or a jump (Not sure why a Bounty Hunter can't charge people with ROCKETS DUH).....

Otherwise we have no abilities other than tracer......

A defensive powertech CAN charge people with rockets (Jet Charge)

so yeah...

and that you can do pretty well in a WZ with only 1 keybind.

Which most other classes could do with a well geared premade vs a pug of non-pvp geared herpderps. I don't think I saw even one interrupt used in there. Just people zerging the tanks mainly. It's hilarious the amount of fail in that video.

and that you can do pretty well in a WZ with only 1 keybind.

I can see how you'd think that, since you don't even play the class.

However, careful observation of the video in question will reveal that he is, in fact, using at least five more skills in addition to Tracer Missile. You'd know this if you weren't caught up in a ********** of yesmanship with your fellow non-troopers and non-bounties.