Modable belts and bracers?

Amonet

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless they have fixed it recently, the search for orange is broken. You have to search "all" because if they don't have a mod in them they count as white items instead of showing up with the blue like they are supposed to. Maybe you already knew that but if not it might help. That said, they are pretty rare so wouldn't expect to see a lot of them but I'd think you should be able to find one occasionally.

I didn't know that. I bet I've missed a ton of stuff. Thanks for the tip!

All classes have a moddable set of bracers and belts EXCEPT FOR MARAUDERS AND SENTINELS. I guess they just forgot to add them in for us... Yet another area that bioware decided to shaft marauders and sentinels.

Baloney. I got a level 13 Jedi knight belt yesterday with two slots from a treasure hunting lockbox, tier 1.

They are rare, but all of them are rare.

For people looking for these on the GTN, they do not show up when you put the prototype/moddable option on. You have to go through the whole list depending on the armor you want (light/medium/heavy). I have personal experience and found a moddable belt and wrist for about 150k each.

Important to note that orange belts/bracers is better than most endgame raiding belts/bracers.

Indeed.

Got an orange set of bracers off the GTN for a very low price. Socketed with a garbage level 51 armoring from dailies and a 56 mod from excess PVP gear I had lying around from when champ bags dropped gear regularly and they became marginally better than Rakata bracers.

105 willpower 10 power on orange vs 103 wp 11 power on Rakata.

Snagged a 58 Armoring from HM OPS and now they blow Rakata away.

118 WP 10 power.

Unless you are Synthweaving and have the pattern for Rakata bracers and then have them crit to gain an augment slot Orange bracers are BIS.

Edited by Darth_Pernisc

In case anyone goes looking for them, I did find a pair of pracers from a commendation dropbox for Republics. On Coruscant, they have two item boxes worth 10 commendations each. There's one with an item level of 16, the highest they have. Buy some of those, and hope for the best - I got a pair of Trooper bracers in there.

Strange note - they don't have a slot for enhancements, I don't think - just Armor Plates and Mods.

Baloney. I got a level 13 Jedi knight belt yesterday with two slots from a treasure hunting lockbox, tier 1.

They are rare, but all of them are rare.

unless those are medium armour they are only for guardians. The designers must have overlooked it. I have not seen an orange jediknight bracer/belt that is medium.

you are right, the mediums are very carefully specified as jedi knight/smuggler only, and smuggler only, while the heavies can be specified as jedi knight only, troper only, or jedi knight trooper only.

so, while you are not left out in the cold, you DO have to compete with smugglers for the same bracers.

unless, of course, I simply haven't found a jedi knight only medium bracer, which is entirely possible.

you are right, the mediums are very carefully specified as jedi knight/smuggler only, and smuggler only, while the heavies can be specified as jedi knight only, troper only, or jedi knight trooper only.

so, while you are not left out in the cold, you DO have to compete with smugglers for the same bracers.

unless, of course, I simply haven't found a jedi knight only medium bracer, which is entirely possible.

can u show me ss of those orange bracers that is jediknight/smuggler? because i see smuggler only (or at least on imperial) or show me a ss of one equiped on ur marauder.

Edited by dudexx

I generally sell the things the minute i get them. not worth hinging onto something worth 100k to someone else.

next time I get one, I will screenshot it.

frankly, I prefer purples with augment slots :)

edit- gods, I hate this forum software. it sucks.

Edited by VelnikSP

frankly, I prefer purples with augment slots :)

edit- gods, I hate this forum software. it sucks.

Agreed.

I'm a Synthweaver and I got my first BioMetric raid drop thingy today, so I crafted the Rakata Warmaster's Bracers for myself... And scored a critical success...

So now I have literally the best bracer for my class possible with an augment slot. So I dunno if I could top that with orange gear.