Is act 2 of the inquisitor storyline a bad joke?

acheros

In my opinion the warrior mission is the most boring story in the game.

"I am evil." ... *forceshoke* ..."I am still evil." ..."I am evil." ... *forceshoke* ..."I am still evil." ..."I am evil." ... *forceshoke* ..."I am still evil." ... ... ...

But i loved hte inq. story. But i think if you play it on the dark side of the force its truely not that amazing to say the least.

But if you stick to the light side its cool to see the struggles with the system.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Sith Warrior storyline boring? If you want to, it's entirely possible to play the SW as darkside and be a cunning, intelligent manipulator rather then a dull, one dimensional brute. It's entirely up to you.

In regards to the Inquistor, I'd go as far as to say Chapter 1 was *not* all right. The seeds of what's wrong with chapter 2 are planted right there.

Your character never acts like an Inquistor. You are forced to play the role of the dull lackey.

It's a missed opportunity. One of the subplots of chapter 1 should have been for your character to do some research and knowledge seeking of their own. Make some attempt to figure out what Vash's plan is, instead of walking like a fool into a trap that you know is coming.

But by far the biggest problem with the SI storyline is how often control is taken away from you. It's ridiculous how many times you'll defeat a boss, only to Auto-Lose because the plot demands it.

The Sith Warrior storyline boring? If you want to, it's entirely possible to play the SW as darkside and be a cunning, intelligent manipulator rather then a dull, one dimensional brute. It's entirely up to you.

In regards to the Inquistor, I'd go as far as to say Chapter 1 was *not* all right. The seeds of what's wrong with chapter 2 are planted right there.

Your character never acts like an Inquistor. You are forced to play the role of the dull lackey.

It's a missed opportunity. One of the subplots of chapter 1 should have been for your character to do some research and knowledge seeking of their own. Make some attempt to figure out what Vash's plan is, instead of walking like a fool into a trap that you know is coming.

But by far the biggest problem with the SI storyline is how often control is taken away from you. It's ridiculous how many times you'll defeat a boss, only to Auto-Lose because the plot demands it.

I agree I played my sith warrior as a cunning manipulator and you have no idea how angry I was at the sheer options the SW has at dealing with/manpiluating situations while I look at the SI I just wonder where are my choices? Where is the manipulation?

The sith warrior has the choice to act like darth vader or darth sidious or anywhere inbetween. Let me just say the SI was disappointing.

I mean look at the SI story trailer.

We get none of that in the story I wanted poltical manipulations and building power base but nope all we got is NPC's giving all the idea's and plans and then we have ghost buster and indiana jones. While the SW story the so called brute has the more political machinations and manipulation than the so called darth sidious fantasy class the SI as bioware described before release.

You just kinda fall into the the dark council seat via lightning throughout the whole story.

How about instead of stealing power from the ghosts..You have to find them, then do something FOR them, so that they further teach you. Aspects of the sith teachings that have long sense been forgotten, forbidden combat methods, ways to improve common sith abilities like force lightning.

All story wise, of course.

Thing is like most things in this game nothing is canon, these is no force ghost.In clonewars S5 George Lucas said that

he almost put in Mortis arc 2 sith lords Bane and Revan that would talk to the son, but he removed it because the sith had not learned this to come back from the force at that time.Jinn was actually the first one who did this who then teached Yoda and Obi Wan.

Anyways yeah most stories after act 1 is pretty bad.Smuggler and trooper story was actually so lame i started space baring thru it.And half the VO in smuggler line is not basic anyways, guess they run out of money by the end after making the Empire faction.

Edited by Lord_Karsk

Which is exactly the problem, the Inquisitor doesn't drive his/her own story.

Having played all of the storylines, I'm fairly sure not a single one of them actually does. You're more a victim of the circumstances that ends up becoming the hero of the day pretty much, anyway you slice it. :p

Having played all of the storylines, I'm fairly sure not a single one of them actually does. You're more a victim of the circumstances that ends up becoming the hero of the day pretty much, anyway you slice it. :p

While I actually find the Inquisitor storyline to be my favorite (could be the lines she has...could be the mixture of personal storyline/epic)...I can agree it could of used a bit more tweaking than some of the others.

That said, it's still, imo, more fun then Consular or Trooper (from what I've seen of them so far).

It has a better ending cutscene than SW imo. You see your whole crew with you. SW just see's you walking out. It's a nice scene, but...but...THE CREW! I want to see my crew!

even so, the story's events are not the focus of the story, but the character is, or at least that is how the story should be. would we wan to read a story about a knight destined to fight and kill a dragon, or a story about an average peasant or scoundrel who happens to end up fighting and killing a dragon?

It has a better ending cutscene than SW imo. You see your whole crew with you. SW just see's you walking out. It's a nice scene, but...but...THE CREW! I want to see my crew!

Not to mention, before that, the final showdown in Korriban, before the Dark Council... :)

even so, the story's events are not the focus of the story, but the character is, or at least that is how the story should be. would we wan to read a story about a knight destined to fight and kill a dragon, or a story about an average peasant or scoundrel who happens to end up fighting and killing a dragon?

The story events and the message that is trying to convey is the main focus, not so much the character itself, despite agreeing that it should probably be the other way around. If you're an alien, even more so... Definately a sign of the things that were to come, even before Malgus' powerplay.

In that regard, it was a mistake to include humans and Sith pureblood as playable races IMO. I love my pureblood assassin and won't change his race, even if I have a chance to do so, but had I knew what I know now, I would've chosen differently.

Not to mention, before that, the final showdown in Korriban, before the Dark Council... :)

The story events and the message that is trying to convey is the main focus, not so much the character itself, despite agreeing that it should probably be the other way around. If you're an alien, even more so... Definately a sign of the things that were to come, even before Malgus' powerplay.

In that regard, it was a mistake to include humans and Sith pureblood as playable races IMO. I love my pureblood assassin and won't change his race, even if I have a chance to do so, but had I knew what I know now, I would've chosen differently.

Can you imagine the Jedi knight or Bounty Hunter locating the treasure that is the goal of act 1 for the smuggler? OR the imperial agent joining the great hunt and winning? I can't. To me, the characters that are the heroes of those stories are the only ones that can do it.

you can't have a smuggler story without the smuggler being the snarky hotshot he/she is.

Edited by stormdrakelord

Can you imagine the Jedi knight or Bounty Hunter locating the treasure that is the goal of act 1 for the smuggler? OR the imperial agent joining the great hunt and winning? I can't. To me, the characters that are the heroes of those stories are the only ones that can do it.

you can't have a smuggler story without the smuggler being the snarky hotshot he/she is.

Hmmmm... Weren't we discussing the main focus of storylines? Where did THAT come from?

Hmmmm... Weren't we discussing the main focus of storylines? Where did THAT come from?

what reason would a Jedi knight have to work with a criminal to find some dead pirate's treasure when the best rewards come from fighting the sith? Why would a Sith inquisitor join the Great Hunt when they could build themselves to powerful sith the sith way?

I feel that the stories were made for the classes that are the heroes of it and that the characters/classes are the real reason to play the storyline, not the events, and that is the focus. (Read as focus of the story=why the story is the way it is)

Edited by stormdrakelord

what reason would a Jedi knight have to work with a criminal to find some dead pirate's treasure when the best rewards come from fighting the sith? Why would a Sith inquisitor join the Great Hunt when they could build themselves to powerful sith the sith way?

I feel that the stories were made for the classes and that the characters/classes are the real reason to play the storyline, not the events, and that is the focus. (Read as focus of the story=why the story is the way it is)

I would agree with you for the most part but again, there is at least one notable exception, being the sith inquisitor storyline the strongest case here. Again...

By having Darth Mortis killing Thanaton, instead of the SI and hailing him / her as the new Darth with a seat on the Dark Council, with the blessing of Marr and Mortis, heralds a time of change for the empire, which was implied very early on in the storyline and came to fruition by the end of it.

I would agree with you for the most part but again, there is at least one notable exception, being the sith inquisitor storyline the strongest case here. Again...

By having Darth Mortis killing Thanaton, instead of the SI and hailing him / her as the new Darth with a seat on the Dark Council, with the blessing of Marr and Mortis, heralds a time of change for the empire, which was implied very early on in the storyline and came to fruition by the end of it.

I am just saying that people are looking at the events and are upset, despite the fat that they are using the events to describe the story when the story was designed for the character (SI in this case) which is why you do not have the SW doing the SI's story or the smuggler doing the Trooper's story: No reason to fit the class into the story.

Thanaton was a Dark council member, not your master, so it would make more sense to have the Dark council kill the guy, not your character.

Edited by stormdrakelord

i don't know what about you guys,but i think all the stories is a matter of own opinion,you could be a 13 years old kid that went sith inquisitor to just kill everyone with lightning and get disappointed of how the surroundings act to him,or you could be a mature dude who knows his place as sith inquisitor.

me,personally,i can't play anything else than a bounty hunter,because its story and character fits me and my ideals the most. the sort of 'i don't care about all the politics and the war against jedi and sith,i have to pay the bills,show me who to kill,give me the right amount of money,and its done,in the most professional way. nothing personal,but if you decide to revenge on me,i'll be ready for you,always,and may the strongest win'.

always searching for players stronger than me to defeat.

so,as i said,its your own choice.

The sith warrior fights 1 dimensional republic characters and than gets betrayed by his master for being awesome

I disagree

You get to eliminate the war trust -I don't care about their personalities- your task was to bring the republic top military heads down and you do it! The fact that you were betrayed in the end doesn't make any difference and if anything I would have done the same if I was in Baras' place.

However, the betrayal was predictable for me. I just didn't know when it was going to happen, but the end of Act 2 was a good estimate.

All in all it was a very good act.

BH act 3 is pretty good as well

I am just saying that people are looking at the events and are upset, despite the fat that they are using the events to describe the story when the story was designed for the character (SI in this case) which is why you do not have the SW doing the SI's story or the smuggler doing the Trooper's story: No reason to fit the class into the story.

Thanaton was a Dark council member, not your master, so it would make more sense to have the Dark council kill the guy, not your character.

Not really, Thanaton challenged you, and tradition is to the death.

However, the Inquisitor basically kills him, with the Dark Council stepping in before you do. Everyone knows the Inquisitor won and was going to kill him.

Not really, Thanaton challenged you, and tradition is to the death.

However, the Inquisitor basically kills him, with the Dark Council stepping in before you do. Everyone knows the Inquisitor won and was going to kill him.

and still it makes more sense to have the Dark Council kill him, as some would see the inquisitor killing Thanaton right in front of them as a power play and force the inquisitor to kill more of them before they let him/her on the council or even let it go.

But that is looking at things from a character standpoint, as the inquisitor is not yet a dark council member, some of the council would look at the SI's killing of Thanaton as a blatant chance at power, while the council killing him is accepted by all of those in the room.

Edited by stormdrakelord

i have all the classes now except the Smuggler and i must say that i really felt the same, this ghost hunting just sucked a lot and has no real meaning to be, it would have been much better if it was just a search after the Holocrons of the ancient Dark lords/ Sith lords like the story of Darth Bane, instead we got a boring ghost hunting.

Most times, act two was "go here do this, receive crew member, continue on till you can get to part 3." Plus Quesh, FREAKING BORING.

Except for the endings of act 2, most of it was just 'go here, level up, do this job, get crew, move along'.

Even the IA, out of all 3 acts, 2 was the worst.

Both Thanaton and Zash really need to be developed a bit more. See my spoiler'd content for more.

However, Zash turned us in to a gopher during Act I, so we never really learn what she was up to. We don't get to learn what she was up to during the rest of the story either, not really. I would make being Egon a more minor part of Act II and shift the focus to figuring out what Zash was doing.

But we do learn what she was up to.

We were tracking down what were thought to be long-lost relics, so she could perform the body transfer - she chose the character's body, as hers was deteriorating (Which she explains in the dialogue where she reveals her true form/self). With that transfer completed, she could continue on her rise to power. Which makes sense, as it would seem all Sith are focused on accumulating as much power as possible, and defending their place.

That being said, I wasn't a huge fan of the SI storyline in Act II and III, and I agree with your points on Thanaton. That being said, I really thoroughly enjoyed the Agent and Consular (starts off slow) storylines. Gunslinger was also fun, however once you achieve your goal

in the Nok Drayen storyline

it doesn't seem to have much weight. Jedi Knight was fun - however I had run the story quests three times with friends before leveling my own, so it had lost much of it's luster. I don't remember much about the Sith Warrior or Bounty Hunter. I'm currently leveling a Trooper, and was taken by surprise with the turns in the first act.

The Inquisitor Story is a story about what it means to be Sith. It's about struggle. Someone who starts with a bad hand of cards and has to battle every step away against much more powerful people who all seem to want the Inquisitor dead. It's very much a story in the style of Darth Bane - one lone rebel against a monolithic but decrepit Sith orthodoxy.

Thanaton is a living embodiment of why the Sith Empire is losing. He represents tradition, conformity, respect for the law. Time and again he tries to use tradition to justify himself, or against you as a weapon. Ancient rituals, ancient Sith laws, weird duelling traditions, and it all fails because you're a better Sith than him. He likely wanted Zash dead the minute she became a Darth - but he couldn't do it, despite being her boss. Because of the law. But once you give him a 'reason' to obliterate all her works, he leaps at the chance.

He thinks that by respecting the past and honoring the great Sith Lords, he's a great Sith, but he's not. There are too many barriers in his mind, too many 'chains'. The Inquisitor story often points out these Sith who aren't that great at being Sith. The gossiping idiots at the party Zash attends, the seemingly honorable twerp who tries to kill you on Quesh, Overseer Harkun, the Interrogator at the Academy afraid for his career, the Sith that support Thanaton, they're all feeble milksops who don't really understand.

When Thanaton recites the Sith Code towards the end, you finish it for him. That's important. Your character is the one who's actually lived it. Rather than lay down and die, or give up, the Sith Inquisitor (especially Nox; there's a reason Nox is canonical) is someone who is prepared to go to any lengths to survive and win, use anything and everything they can get their hands on to fight their way out of a galaxy that seems to hate them. The Inquisitor might not be smart, and knows almost nothing, but they'll do anything to not die. By the end of Voss, your Inquisitor has turned themselves into an abomination using all manner of supernatural and technological means. Most Sith would look at what you did to yourself and think, 'what the f-?!' But you do it. And at the end, because of that struggle, the Inquisitor has grown strong. It's Sith Code 101. There really are no limits. Only power and victory truly matter. Whatever you had to do to get there is not important in the slightest.

That's why even though you're kind of a desperate ignoramus, you're worthy of the Dark Council, and the support of others.

Edited by smartalectwo

I enjoyed Act 2 of SI a lot. Sure it has some things that I wish had done better, but overall it was good.

I actually liked A2 of each imperium classes -- only BH and SW had similar goals (in type I mean), but for different reasons and greatly different scale.

Edited by Chaloss