SWTOR underperforming; EA earnings revised DOWN; Bioware should listen to players

indelible

My problem is casuals whining when they can't find a group within 15 minutes, come to the forums demanding a LFG tool. Sure, it's more accessible, but that doesn't mean it's better.

Inb4 someone claiming but I have two kids to feed and a diper to change

Its true that a dungeon finder tool wouldnt reduce waiting time much, but if having it means i can spend 20+ minutes questing while waiting for a group instead of sitting in the fleet spamming LFG in chat then im all for it.

Edited by Zangaboing

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, you're just clueless. People aren't socially interacting now. Nothing in the main story/side quests requires it.

Also, if you don't game during peak hours, you can't get groups now that the big rush to play is over and the sucking sound of subscription cancellation is being heard everywhere... Which kind of makes the point of paying for a friggin' MMO kind of pointless doesn't it? And while you're obviously 'too good' for casual gamers, they're the ones that pay an equal amount of the server rent, but don't take up so much server load... Which works to YOUR benefit.

Casual gamers? What does that have to do with anything?

USE THE /WHO SYSTEM!

Don't just spam General chat, hoping for a group.

Flag yourself LFG. Search for other people who are LFG.

USE THE TOOLS YOU HAVE!

Its true that a dungeon finder tool wouldnt reduce waiting time much, but if having it means i can spend 20+ minutes questing while waiting for a group instead of sitting in the fleet spamming LFG in chat then im all for it.

Why are you spamming LFG in the fleet instead of using the LFG feature of /who?

It's like you're standing on an empty basketball court, yelling at random passersby, "You wanna PLAY?!"

Edited by EJedi

They definitely need to be doing something about performance. Its not uncommon in MMOs to have 100+ people in a close area especially in PvP where you definitely have made a zone inviting such numbers of players dooking it out.

I think they knew their game sucks with large groups of people involved. 40 on 40 matches in TOR are a fleeting dream and just simply cannot happen outside of the highest quality machines available on the market.

I'm not asking for 60 fps at the minimum system requirements but when there is lets say a 40 on 40 match up I do expect to get 20-30 fps with mediumish graphic settings at the recommended system requirements.

So from what I'm getting here, you're trying to claim that EAs 20% stock drop and the revision of its 2013 earnings has NOTHING to do with SWTOR, and everything to do with the hypothesised collapse of the Eurozone?

Surely if that were true, everything would have lost stock value in a similar fashion? ;o

Could you please link me to the papers you wrote? Possibly point me at the ones that have been picked up by the UN, or accredited by any major financial institution or university? I'm going to assume that your predictions are widely known in the financial community, and that once I have seen said papers I will be utterly convinced?

And yes, I'm being facetious.

That would be ludicrous to say the stock price has NOTHING to do with what some analyst says about their 2013 earnings that have yet to be released.

Your attempt to logically conclude everything would have lost stock value is incorrect because it doesn't take into account central banking theory, Keynesian economics, zero interest policy, the Federal Reserve, monetary and fiscal policy... jesus man, do I really have to keep this up?

I am not claiming my papers are of international acclaim. I'm claiming I know more about finance than you do and it's obvious.

Stick to your grief about the UI and gameplay of SW:TOR because it's what you know.

You're not on the high house, I'm afraid. That horse you're on is looking rather sardonic and worthless. I'd put it down if I were you.

I'm not going to bother retorting to your post. It was pretentious rubbish.

Again I will repeat: I expressed that they were my OPINIONS and I acknowledged the right for people to disagree, even if I don't agree. You asserted that right, even if you were rude.

You kids and your lack of basic manners.

Go to the reply where I addressed the meat of your post. Manners or not I'm interested in a discussion about this game so let's get back on track and forget this financial nonsense because it doesn't belong here.

I really don't get all this ************ I really don't. They've been listening to feedback and doing a patch every week fixing things and they're continuing to do so. As i'm sure it's been stated a million times and is constantly ignored, things don't happen over night that's not how the world works.

The fact is this is just another troll thread aimed at TRYING to make swtor look bad and make it seem like Bioware isn't doing anything to fix these problems. I'm pretty sure the devs know about these problems especially considering they're repeated however many times a day.

God damn people are impatient.

Either have patience and wait and see, or, better yet, get the **** out and stop posting useless things...

Why are you spamming LFG in the fleet instead of using the LFG feature of /who?

I do use the the /who and flag myself, but I am just 1 of 3 who are out of the 200 people in fleet or the planet. Also I talk about the lfg /who system since launch in the general chat since launch and I am still 1 or 3 who are using it. I am not done talking about it, this is the absolute fact, the current system will forever only be used by 3 or 4 people at a time out of the couple hundred in fleet or the planets, it will not change, talking about it will not make it change. The system is horrible and no body is using it. Bioware needs a new system.

Because a feature is useless when nobody is using it.

Nobody is using it?

Are YOU using it? No? Then don't blame everyone else.

I see plenty of people using it right now on my server.

Just because you don't see other people flagged LFG doesn't mean there aren't people looking at the list.

Do this:

/who

Check the "Looking for a group?" box

Click the "Set LFG Comment" button

Type whatever you're looking for, like "healer lfg Taral V"

Now, go quest or PvP. Check up on /who occasionally.

I do use the the /who and flag myself, but I am just 1 of 3 who are out of the 200 people in fleet or the planet. Also I talk about the lfg /who system since launch in the general chat since launch and I am still 1 or 3 who are using it. I am not done talking about it, this is the absolute fact, the current system will forever only be used by 3 or 4 people at a time out of the couple hundred in fleet or the planets, it will not change, talking about it will not make it change. The system is horrible and no body is using it. Bioware needs a new system.

The system worked perfectly fine in EverQuest. Don't blame BioWare for lazy or ignorant players. Take the initiative, and use the system. Explain it to your friends and groupmates.

Be part of the solution instead of part of the problem.

Edited by EJedi

In defense of bioware, and i realize that this means my metaphorical face will soon be burned away from the bile, while they were able to scope out the MMO market before hand they had to write the code themselves. Im not saying that they wrote everything from scratch, but they had to code for things that they've not had to deal with before like ability timers and high traffic servers.

On a side note if you don't like it so much then why are you still here? :confused:

That would be ludicrous to say the stock price has NOTHING to do with what some analyst says about their 2013 earnings that have yet to be released.

Your attempt to logically conclude everything would have lost stock value is incorrect because it doesn't take into account central banking theory, Keynesian economics, zero interest policy, the Federal Reserve, monetary and fiscal policy... jesus man, do I really have to keep this up?

I am not claiming my papers are of international acclaim. I'm claiming I know more about finance than you do and it's obvious.

Stick to your grief about the UI and gameplay of SW:TOR because it's what you know.

OK.

I'll let you get back to accrediting a tech company stock drop, directly after the release of major product, to a major financial crisis that hasn't happened yet :)

Also... I didn't know these things could cause fiscal time ripples? You learn something new every day!

Damn Angela Merkel! Damn her and her nonsensical political and fiscal agenda! And the French! It's all their fault as well!

Grrr.

:rolleyes:

OK.

I'll let you get back to accrediting a tech company stock drop, directly after the release of major product, to a major financial crisis that hasn't happened yet :)

Also... I didn't know these things could cause fiscal time ripples? You learn something new every day!

Damn Angela Merkel! Damn her and her nonsensical political and fiscal agenda! And the French! It's all their fault as well!

Grrr.

:rolleyes:

There's hope yet for you. Now get back to discussing your 7 points. I want their stock to go back up because I directly profit from that and they can't do so unless you renew. :)

There should never be any cross-server anything, and the /who system already supports LFG. If you aren't willing to interact with other players socially, then don't expect a random system to shove you all together.
Who said cross-server LFG? Is that how bad WoW got? Why does everyone assume that everyone else has played WoW in the past five years? You may have; I certainly haven't, though I'll admit I thought about picking it up instead of SWTOR when I went to the store.

LFG tool won't even help this game; the content fragments the playerbase so thoroughly, is so easily soloable in most cases, and puts as many barriers in place to make grouping with strangers as difficult as possible, that it's practically a chore to group.

Which is a shame, because this claims to be a MMO, and MMOs are built on exploration and socialization, yet this game actively discourages both.

PS: If EQ3 were released this decade, it would have a better LFG tool. Or at least better organized content.

Edited by Ansultares

Lol that's the huge elephant in the room the haters are trying so hard to ignore.

Well no it isn't. If it is an elephant in the room, it's one of those pygmy elephants. And it's underweight.

I'm not claiming that EA as a company aren't doing well. EA has major releases throughout 2013 that are certain to increase its margins. 2013 is the culmination of a major shift in focus for EA as a company. The majority of that 25% rise can be attributed to EAs aggressive movement into the casual and social gaming market, as well as their focus on fewer but bigger titles.

However the thing that the fanboys seem to be missing is that the stock drop and earnings revision has been directly attributed to the failure of SWTOR to perform as expected, and the prediction that subscription numbers are not going to be as healthy as first thought. THAT'S why it's important.

EAs overall performance is, of course, going to be something different. They are however a multibillion dollar company with far more money invested in other markets and games than was invest in SWTOR. Bioware were the drummer, certainly, but they weren't the whole band.

I personally am going to give you guys one more month. If by the end of February things aren't resolve, me and my guildies have already decided to unsubscribe. We can barely tolerate logging in now to run pathetic PvP sessions that end up punishing us for our time.

And theeeerrrre it is. The every popular threat. "Me and my friends are going to take our toys and leave."

You guys are all alike. You must be following a script.

Wall of text, regurgitating the same stuff already covered a hundred times now on the forum by a hundred other whiners, completely ignoring the developers feedback and responses on devtracker, topped off with the "cherry" threat to guit.

Why wait a month? Why don't all of you unsub now, and come back later when the game meets your requirements. There is no major patch until beginning of March, so there is no way they are going to meet your deadline.

Just quit now. You know, so you can resub in 6 months and then come troll the forums with "I've been gone a while and just came back, game sucked when I left, what has changed since I left... yada yada."

Nobody is using it?

Are YOU using it? No? Then don't blame everyone else.

I see plenty of people using it right now on my server.

Just because you don't see other people flagged LFG doesn't mean there aren't people looking at the list.

Do this:

/who

Check the "Looking for a group?" box

Click the "Set LFG Comment" button

Type whatever you're looking for, like "healer lfg Taral V"

Now, go quest or PvP. Check up on /who occasionally.

The system worked perfectly fine in EverQuest. Don't blame BioWare for lazy or ignorant players. Take the initiative, and use the system. Explain it to your friends and groupmates.

Be part of the solution instead of part of the problem.

I use the /who tool and its nowhere near as effective at getting a group as just watching general chat. I see generally 0-4 people at any given time using it that are generally of varying levels. Even searching people across the server through levels can still only net maybe 1 person who is actually looking for the flashpoint you want to do.

Edited by Kabloosh