SWTOR underperforming; EA earnings revised DOWN; Bioware should listen to players

indelible

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hrm..most level 50 players who are high end raiders are already complaining about something... well..Im lvl 50..and those complainers are actually annoying me. Got a bunch of them on ignore already..

The last thing Bioware needs to be listening to is 24/7 raiders who have no sucess in life other than clearing dungeons..

Does a doctor take medicinal advice from a homeless person?

Pace yourself in this game and it will be actually quite enjoyable. If one quest is broken...run another.. If the texture bug bothers you to much..go play another game... For every problem you have in this game..the solution is quite simple. Simple solutions always seem to baffle simple people I guess.

6 - SORT OUT THE FPS ISSUES, AND DON'T FOB US OFF WITH AN "IT'S ONLY 5% OF PLAYERS" RUBBISH EXCUSE. It's a prevalent issue that will drive players away, and you have to solve it or suffer for it.

7 - FIX THE ABILITY DELAY AS A PRIORITY. Seriously. This single issue will cost you a GREAT deal of players, and they AREN'T going to be willing to wait for you to "get round to it", regardless of how complicated you'd like us all to think it is. This should be your TOP priority on the systems side of things. You should be moving coders from other, non-critical projects onto this issue. It needs to be fixed.

These are the only two points I really agree with - but I REALLY agree with them, most especialy 7.

7 is a deadly serious point and BioWare really have to, have to, have to sort it out ASAP, within a couple of months at the outside. They need to get all hands on deck and hire a ton of experts in if need be.

I love the game to bits. As an experienced MMO-hand, I can tell that most of the trolling on the forums is BS, but this point is absolutely the most serious thing BW have to contend with.

Please BW, sort it out, I want to enjoy this game for years to come, and I want it to be healthy.

funny how the whole ilum issue you bring up was fixed today, i swear you *** hats dont read the dev tracker, or patch notes, or anything for that matter

LOL

It wasn't fixed at all.

I went to Ilum.

Sith were camping republic at their base.

There's no real incentive for the reps to leave the base, thus the only thing that happens was a mob of players swarming back and forth at that base, scrambling for killing blows on players that weren't going to award them Valor anyway because they just got killed two seconds ago.

And from what I've heard from friends of mine on various servers, that's the pattern... not the exception. Infrequently a brave group of republic would go round capping points and some mildly entertaining PvP would result... and then it'd be back to the zerg and camp.

A dungeon finder as #1 on the list? Come on people.

The LFG system in this game needs work, but an MMO doesn't need a WoW-style dungeon finder to succeed. It just doesn't.

It's a questionable design to begin with. We can do better.

Edited by imtrick

Not sure why the OP thinks so highly of the forum complainers and one article found on the net which has some analyst questioning "early game play". Tell me what the activisionblizzard stock price is at and how profitable that company has been over the last three years?

Apparently all those functions which are in WOW have made it so profitable...

Yeah this is EA Louse all over again. People find a meaningless article and act like it's some kind of gospel. I don't get it either.

What do you expect when the CEO, John Riccitiello, is a white collar criminal. I covered US technology stocks for a big fund for 3 years and this guy is just the worst. He paid his former company, Elevation Partners, $800M for Bioware and Pandemic (one of which was shuttered a couple of years later) and received a massive payout and then ran both companies into the ground.

Guy is an absolute crook and should be in prison.

"As you'll all" ....stopped there.

Very constructive, I'm sure the playerbase(yours truly included) feel highly honored that you should grace us with these few words of condescension. Cudos to you, good sir, cudos indeed.

+1 OP, totally agree. Another point I'd like to add to your list is:

Legacy stuff coming in March!

This.

Do we get to actually see from whatever the OP is quoting?

Or are we going to freak out because someone somewhere said something?

EA's stock value has fallen 3-5% since this report came out. Might not sound like much, but it translates to a very large amount of money.

Once that is in place you'll want transmogrify aswell.

If Bioware listens to people like you this game will have a very short life.

Most every MMO has common features. Rift has a dungeon finder, why don't you spout irrational hate for that game as well?

Just because another MMO has a feature does not mean we should not have it here.

By your logic we should remove Flashpoints from the game because WoW has something just like it.

I realize you want to force every single person to play the game as you see fit but this game wont be around long with that sort of logic.

Edited for posterity.

It's 2.10am. I am tired. Forgive me.

Can't forgive someone for creating ANOTHER thread of this nature. There are literally 100's that have been made, most taken down because of the fact that there are 100's. It's been done, said, and played out. In that video he mentioned the things he did because he KNEW it was happening. He addressed some of the things we been asking for and they have been working on them, and now that he KNOWS it will be in game, he can mention it now.

As far all the other things we want, and need, they have told us time and time again.. IT WILL BE THERE SOMEDAY IF IT CAN BE. Now we just need to a little patient. I hate it too, but I don't let it ruin my day, it's a game. I agree with the majority of the posters that are ************, because it is fact that this game was not ready for release with so many things missing.

Saying they are missing cause it's not this game or that game is never gonna be the case, cause they ARE gonna implement these things, they just haven't yet. I'm mostly concerned with the bugs as well.

So while he didn't mention more things than we'd like, he did mention they are listening, so has SR, and GZ. The simple fact that they even say they are listening is proof that they are, otherwise they wouldn't know they'd even have to say it. THEY ARE LISTENING. THINGS WILL BE FIXED. And when they know how to fix the other things and have a date when we can expect them, they will mention that too. It's the release date speculation ALL over again.

Very constructive, I'm sure the playerbase(yours truly included) feel highly honored that you should grace us with these few words of condescension. Cudos to you, good sir, cudos indeed.

+1 OP, totally agree. Another point I'd like to add to your list is:

Legacy stuff coming in March!

Read my next post and you'll know why I wrote that. Kudo's to another OP threading the same crap that keeps getting shutdown by devs cause there's already too many of these. Try using one that exists. Thank you.

Edited by DarkoDon

Why the hell are they even messing with the UI? They can't possibly please everybody - and all other MMO's don't try to with their UI... they allow the USERS, who know what they want to make their own versions. That development time could be used to, well, dunno.. fix current issues like ability delay?

Open up the API and allow addons - would solve a plethora of issues.

The thing is Bioware is clearly listening if you pay attention to the dev tracker or watched the newest little patch trailer

http://www.swtor.com/media/trailers/coming-star-wars-old-republic

it's cool, myself and many others will be back when the game is what we want it to be. no reason to get all dramatic omgzz

That link, along with the founder medal, and the debacle that was the un sub today were all ploys to mitigate what would or could have been a disaster day for Bioware. What we the so called vocal minority are asking for, is results within the game, on our accounts. Like the OP said we are paying a premium for this game. Premium meaning: the most any game company charges for a standard game and subscription, and we expect premium quality throughout.

Actually the functionality of transmogrify is already in the game in the way they have handled gear progression as it is.

To attack a poster for asking for a content addition that would add greater functionality to the game is poor form, sir.

The fact is: a dungeon finder makes the game more accessible to casual players. Casual players are the bread and butter of the mass market MMO. You may not like that, but it's the truth. To omit such a system when developing a mass market, casual centric MMO is a madness.

So wait the casual players are the "bread and butter" but a lot of casuals aren't even 50 yet.

So first you want bioware to listen to the 50 somethings (i.e. the people who rushed to 50) but now you want them to listen to the "casuals" (who may be 50, but a lot are not)

You should probably pick one before trying to form a doomsday argument, 0/10