Please add a looking for group function

lfg should not Teleport you to fp and should not be cross server.

You obviously don't know what you're talking about, Making it more unvonvinient for players to get to a dungeon isn't such a great idea. You think the community grows together, well..

I hate to break it to you but the community doesn't become better when you have the trade chat spammed with "LFG xxx.. LF1M Healer xxx.." and people raging on this game because they can't find a group to play a flashpoint one of the core elements of the game..

Ninja Looters hardly exist, even if they do you can just kick them and have a new player in a matter of seconds if you have a LFG tool..

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You obviously don't know what you're talking about, Making it more unvonvinient for players to get to a dungeon isn't such a great idea. You think the community grows together, well..

I hate to break it to you but the community doesn't become better when you have the trade chat spammed with "LFG xxx.. LF1M Healer xxx.." and people raging on this game because they can't find a group to play a flashpoint one of the core elements of the game..

Ninja Looters hardly exist, even if they do you can just kick them and have a new player in a matter of seconds if you have a LFG tool..

I've had ninja looters, and sure you can kick them and carry on. But honestly I've also been the one asked to join a half done instance/flashpoint and I think " nope I'll be missing loot I'd rather go from the start ".

But how many groups in a half finished instance are willing to do it again right after so the person who joined half way through also gets a chance at all the loot.

I've even joined heroic 4's where 2 of the group was on stage 2 while me and another was on stage 1, and once they completed what they required they left the group leaving us with an unfinished heroic.

2 players and 2 companions meant we had 4 and was able to finish it, but I put those 2 players on ignore with my tank and my healer and I can only imagine it would be worse if it was cross server with fewer consequences.

Lol, reah, right, make it so no one can go into a Warzone without a whole group and that they have to actually fly to a portal. That would actually be the end of PVP in the game.

It isnt about instant gratification, its about getting rid of the stupid stone age SPAMMING (which, as its name says, its ANNOYING) system.

You dont need full group for flashpoints you can use companions.... or solo also...

so dont write bs.

You said no Queue button but you gotta run to instance on fleet like you have to do that for flashpoint.

I sign that.

Rest is you adding bs all over

Bioware may need to make changes to the LFG system, but they should NEVER do anything similar to WoW. People need to be responsible for their actions and if you make enough enemies, there should be consequences.

I think a LFG like DDO should suffice. Never let it be cross-server and ensure that it forces player interaction.

You dont need full group for flashpoints you can use companions.... or solo also...

so dont write bs.

You said no Queue button but you gotta run to instance on fleet like you have to do that for flashpoint.

I sign that.

Rest is you adding bs all over

Lol, yeah sure. If BW does that then the ganme would be doomed and you know that.

Stop acting like a self entitled elitists. Take off instant queing warzones and the people will floood the forums with an outrage, we both know that. You want people to think you are such a pro players just because you want unconvenient ways to form groups instead of convenient ones.

I feel pity for you.

some fp you need real players, i was in one with some stupid cannon mini game, would like to see some compantions operate those cannons, also there where some gates after that you needed to press buttons to open, dunno what was after that since one person left (had to eat) and group got disolved....

Every flashpoint at 50 requires 4 players lol companions in hard mode. Joining a guild does not solve any problems finding groups you can only clear a flashpoint once per day what happens when all your guildies finish theirs and the leftover people are told tough luck? Then you spam General chat for 45 minutes for a tank with no avail while being told to shut the hell up/join a guild noob/use the LFG tool from all the trolling idiots. Edited by Nissin

I completly agree that there should be a cross server LFD interface. Yesterday I was planning to run a few flashpoints to get some better gear(50sawbones) and on two seperate occasions I couldn't find any interest after 40 minutes of searching each time. Through both spamming general on the fleet and whispering people politely through /who, the results were the same, couldn't get a full group together. And my server pop is high. The whole looking for your own group manually turns a 1-2 hour experience into a 2-3 hour experience. Who has that kind of time to consistantly find a group? Not to mention that its practicly impossible to find a group outside of peak hours. A cross server LFD interface would let me, as well as countless others, play endgame content on my schedule whenever it suits me. I ended up spending the whole day pvping because its much less of a headache. And I love the pve I've seen so far so it sucks.

Every flashpoint at 50 requires 4 players lol companions in hard mode. Joining a guild does not solve any problems finding groups you can only clear a flashpoint once per day what happens when all your guildies finish theirs and the leftover people are told tough luck? Then you spam General chat for 45 minutes for a tank with no avail while being told to shut the hell up/join a guild noob/use the LFG tool from all the trolling idiots.

They're not even trolling idiots they're mostly level 25's who are trying to distance themselves from wow becuase its popular and don't realize how stupid and time consuming finding your own group is.

It pushed you away cos youre anti social in need of instant gratification...

I have 25 friends asking me for groups everyday when i get online at peak hours.

It sucks to be crap at communication!

So, because you have no trouble finding groups because you play with a group of friends means everyone shouldn't? That is ridiculous. And how is skipping 40 minutes of looking through /who and general chat to pull together a group 'instant gratification'. All of that time and effort isn't even being put towards the actual game. I'd call you a moron but I keep getting notifications. :(

You mean that horrible social interface that doesn't give you a list of everyone on every planet that's LFG, without you performing multiple searches (Or hoping to get lucky with the simple "LFG" search parameter) and even those it does show it only shows 12 characters of the LFG comment.

I do wonder why no one uses it... :p

As for the topic in question.

Before this becomes some sort of flame-fest, as people all seem to hate it when any form of LFD tool is mentioned, they need to think of it this way: Just because we want a LFD tool doesn't mean it has to be like WoW's. It doesn't need to be X-Realm capable nor should it allow you to instantly portal from wherever you are right into the FP. It doesn't even need to automatically make a group.

All it should be is a tool to let you select what FP's you're looking for, set your role and then see who else is also LFG.

^This. I support some increased functionality/ a complete overhaul of the existing tool (I use the term tool very lightly as tools tend to be at least semi useful). I do not in any way support a cross server auto queuing piece of junk however.

LFD systems require that all content be nerfed. Fact is with a system like that, Bioware has to design for the lowest common denominator. I like the flashpoints the way they are and would hate to see them nerfed just so some kids can feel like they accomplished something while watching Yugioh.

Look what happened to Cataclysm, every dungeon and raid had to be nerfed due to the cries of those who'd rather watch TV while playing the game. Look at LFR difficulty, half your raid can be AFK and you still win.

Edited by RocNessMonster

A fully automated tool cross-server tool that teleports you to the location? Hell no.

A server-only interface (TBC- lfg tool) were you could place yourself in a list and through the list interact with other people who'd like to do the same flashpoint/ quest? Sure. This since if you invest time in communicating with other players you're more likely to be able to weed out **** ups, kids, e-heroes and such.

Additionally to actually have to commit to what you're doing goes a huge way to prevent people from dropping groups at the first sign of trouble and behaving like kids. You see if you invest time in travelling to the flashpoint/quest and communicating with your group you're more likely to actually do what you're suppose to since if you're an *** you're gonna get kicked which means that the work you put into getting the group would be lost. I.e. you have an incentive to behave.

some fp you need real players, i was in one with some stupid cannon mini game, would like to see some compantions operate those cannons, also there where some gates after that you needed to press buttons to open, dunno what was after that since one person left (had to eat) and group got disolved....

You would have been able to complete the dungeon with a LFG tool. One more plus to it.

It pushed you away cos youre anti social in need of instant gratification...

I have 25 friends asking me for groups everyday when i get online at peak hours.

It sucks to be crap at communication!

Ding! Ding! Ding!

Why do people think easy is good. No pain, no gain. Adding effort makes things more rewarding. That is why your government is up to its wazoo in debt, because it didn't have to earn the money, it just prints it or takes if from the working man.

A fully automated tool cross-server tool that teleports you to the location? Hell no.

A server-only interface (TBC- lfg tool) were you could place yourself in a list and through the list interact with other people who'd like to do the same flashpoint/ quest? Sure. This since if you invest time in communicating with other players you're more likely to be able to weed out **** ups, kids, e-heroes and such.

Additionally to actually have to commit to what you're doing goes a huge way to prevent people from dropping groups at the first sign of trouble and behaving like kids. You see if you invest time in travelling to the flashpoint/quest and communicating with your group you're more likely to actually do what you're suppose to since if you're an *** you're gonna get kicked which means that the work you put into getting the group would be lost. I.e. you have an incentive to behave.

I'm sorry you can't deal with jerks/idiots, but, believe me, most mature people can.

A LFG won't affect your ability to group with people form your server only. Actually, according to your limit view, it will provide a filter for the jerks and idiots to group (via cross-server LFG) while you can do your thing with the cool guys from your own server.

It's a win-win scenario for both sides.

Ding! Ding! Ding!

Why do people think easy is good. No pain, no gain. Adding effort makes things more rewarding.

Yeah, coming home from a 10 hour night-shift and getting told "no pain, no gain" makes me really appreciate a game.

I have heard of these magical people called "adults" who actually have to get real work done at changing schedules and don't have to compensate their empty existence by jumping through imaginary hoops in what small amount of free time they can scrape together.

The current "system" is inadequate. Who had the brilliant idea, that an interface which is identical to the one I had in a MMO in 1999, is a sufficient way to find groups? On second thought it's actually even worse than the 13 year old example. At least there I could type in more than 12 friggin characters as a comment and use /who lfg to find every single person flagged on the server.

I don't need all those bells and whistles with auto-port and getting joined automatically.

But I surly can expect to have a more sophisticated interface than this pile of dung.

That is why your government is up to its wazoo in debt, because it didn't have to earn the money, it just prints it or takes if from the working man.

You might want to revisit your politics classes, because that is just the most clueless statement I have heard in a long time.

All I have to say is...WoW has lasted 7 years and is the largest subscribing MMO in the world, and the automated LFG finders have only been added over the course of 2 years, starting with the last content patch of WotLK. The LFG system originally in WoW was infact gen/trade chat, and the LFG panel where you listed your name and your roll. It is not essential for these systems to be in the game at launch in order for it to succeed.

WoW came out in 2004 with a MUCH smaller production budget than this game. Is there a reason I shouldn't expect more from BW and EA?

That said, the sucess/failure of this game probably does not hinge on an LFD system.

WoW came out in 2004 with a MUCH smaller production budget than this game. Is there a reason I shouldn't expect more from BW and EA?

That said, the sucess/failure of this game probably does not hinge on an LFD system.

There won't be a single factor deciding success of failure, that's for sure. It's the sum of multiple good factors against bad one that will decide.

A WoW like LFG/LFR system enables people to play more, not less. I'm already in full tier gier and have yet to run 4 out of the current 7 hard mode instances. I actually did: 2 BPs runs, 1 Foundry and 1 False Emperor since December 27th (when I reached 50).

I have done far more PVP Warzones (WAY more) because that's what's left to do after dailies are done. I just happen to despise PVP (rolled on a PVE server), but that's my option on most nights (I'm on a casual raiding guild, 2x2hours a week).

No there is not. There is an option to set a flag at the side of your name in the /who and a comment.

That's not a LFG feature.

We need a proper LFG tool.

The existing LFG "feature" will also randomly change your note, as well.

I had thought it was zoning to a new planet, but that's not the case, as I have looked at the zone list and seen my note (which will say Tank on my jugg or Heals on my sorc) change without me having done any zoning. And sometimes I can zone and it not change.

I don't know what causes the note to be reset, but the fact that it does (seemingly) randomly reset means the note feature is useless.

Yeah, coming home from a 10 hour night-shift and getting told "no pain, no gain" makes me really appreciate a game.

I have heard of these magical people called "adults" who actually have to get real work done at changing schedules and don't have to compensate their empty existence by jumping through imaginary hoops in what small amount of free time they can scrape together.

Funny, I thought the adult thing to do is suck it up if you can't invest the required time in something. Find another game that caters to your schedule. I'd rather not have my free time tainted by your temper tantrum because you can't get your fix.

Edited by fredsaase

If they keep it within the server, i'm all for it. But if this game starts adding cross server Warzones and a cross server LFG/LFR system I will unsub and uninstall the game immediately.

Why? It's not like you are forced to use it.

Unless you feel the need to force people to live within your gated community. Is that it?