Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Coming Up in STAR WARS: The Old Republic

CourtneyWoods

I love how Bioware lists a bunch of upcoming changes that the community was demanding, UI, warzones, more content, and then people still ***** about it.

Good job bioware on the new stuff and UI customization, im looking forward to it!

Here Here

I can't understand some of these people.

Give us guild banks and customizable UI, now now NOW...

BW gives that and then everyone complains it isn't enough?!

TL;DR

Grow up, quit complaining, and enjoy the game. If you can't then leave and complain about the next MMO that comes along.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New stuff looks good!

However since you say you're listening to the customers and what they want, where's all the crafting skill balancing? (or are you waiting for the last few of us to just roll biochem first?) Adding new level 50 content is great, but 90% of your playerbase won't see it for awhile still. We do however see entirely too many things we want fixed first.

"You are the people we listen to when we make changes to the game"

Sorry, but what a lie. This is not factual. Or else Ilum wouldn't have happened, and Republic mirrors wouldn't have so many ability bugs.

Edited by Auxili

I'm not sure if blame should be put on Bioware, EA or Lucas Arts for the complete crybaby scamming going on to try making the people who make them rich calm down about their complete garbage failure with this patch. and all the crafting flops.

you tell me.

Bioware designed the game, EA funded it, Lucas Arts approved it.

Where's George Lucas anyways? probably embarassed.

Ok people, give em a break, first and foremost, bioware is new to the MMO scene, secondly, WoW when it first came out, no addons, no customization, tons of bugs, but it still grew and became successful.

The Bioware Austin team is comprised of SOE and Mythic developers. SOE and Mythic are NOT new in the MMO scene.

But...wait...they're giving me stuff I asked for and working on other things I don't know about to improve the game?? AHHHHHHHHHHWTFBBQLOLBLIGGITYBLARGLSNORTPOUTANGRYBLARGH NOT GOOD ENOUGH I H8 U GUYZ SO MUCH IMMA COMPLAIN HERE AND THEN POST ON MY FB WALL AND GO BACK TO PURP PARTY WOW CAUSE THEY'VE BEEN PERFECT FOREVER CAUSE I STARTED PLAYING IT A YEAR AGO!

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::

/RAGEQUIT /UNSUB

Sad attempts to calm the public - I love it lol.

This is pretty fascinating actually... I've never seen an official BW post like this that is just straight ' F YOU ' in replies no more happy 'First!' posts here lol. I don't think this valor rollback issue is going to go away. People are furious!

Sweet stuff.... :eek::eek::eek:

Can you guys roll it out quickly please? :D

My only main concern are:

1) Latency and abilities animation delay stutter wasn't addressed in the video. I really hope you guys can bring down those server latency and lag issues where abilities are not firing off, or are very delayed in firing.

2) From the video, it seems that the Legacy System will get hairy/ weird-ry/ and all sort of dual spec-ed issue(s)/ request(s) will be resolved. I.e. technically speaking, u can end up having chain lightning + force wave/ push + stealth in your Jedi Knight :eek::eek::eek:

Good updates, but please please please improve those server latency

Good stuff. Just don't listen to those who nerd rage or whine, try to determine e legit complainers from those who just want attention.

I only have one char in a guild so probably should aim to have more join guilds it sees.

Looking forward to the legacy stuff.

This is pretty fascinating actually... I've never seen an official BW post like this that is just straight ' F YOU ' in replies no more happy 'First!' posts here lol. I don't think this valor rollback issue is going to go away. People are furious!

Actually, it has been addressed. Several times. Today. Check the Dev Tracker. They're working on it. It takes more time than just 24 hours. Chill the freak out.

At the end he says something like:

"we are always listening to the comunity"

:D:D:D:D:D:D .... :mad::mad::mad::mad:

sure????? Lets see:

Ability Delay

Game performance (FPS)

Europe maintenance times

and so on

It isn't even funny

Looks great. Too bad I won't be able to partake in the epicly large pvp battles since even though I am above the recommended system requirements its still not enough for adequate gameplay even on lower graphics settings... which are already very limited as it is.

"Yes...YES! OH IT IS DELICIOUS!"

-TotalBiscuit

Guild Bank: Yes! Now my guild can save up!

Legacy: Yay! Was that a Miraluka Sith Warrior?:eek::D

UI Customization: One Word: FINALLY!:D

Flashpoints and Warzones: *evil laugh* yes...here it comes!

All in all great updates! Thank god the Bug fixing team is seperate from the Content team. SWTOR's future was a bit shaky yesterday but now...theres a light at the end of the tunnel, a really bright light!

Nice ! I can't wait ! Thanks for such a great game ! I'm loving every min of it, 30 day's of crazy fun for only 15 bucks a month. I gave a bigger tip then that last night eating dinner.

Thanks a lot for all the enjoyment I've got.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.