Become a Founding Member!

CourtneyWoods

Ofcourse they've worked on it! They saw how many members they where loosing for their major mistakes and they said, ****! We need to keep everyone atleast one more month! Hey, everyone loves vanity ****, let's give them a title for staying another month!

And to the butthurt people remark -- Yeah, because it's sooooo hard to re-subscribe for 1 month and get the title.

Toodles.

you seem to have missed the point, as in they probably worked on it for a while i mean since before the game even launched, why do all the butthurt people seem to think everything is done instantly, anyways, buh bye have fun in some other MMO, the title is not for the people who are quitting it is for the people that have genuine faith in this game and it's future.

Just cause 30% of the forums trolls/whiners follow the loudest 'voice' who say they are quitting does not mean the game is either bleeding subs or that the sky is falling, remember a very very small percentage of the people who are enjoying the game actually bother to visit the forums, and those that do don't necessarily come here to complain/whine or post 'i quit' threads.

Point being with or without this offer of a title and a medal, the people who were staying subbed would have stayed and the quitters would have quit, if a shiny new title is enough to make you resub to a game you don't like then something is wrong with you.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's a nice idea, though it's odd that a "founder" title will apply to so many people. (Millions!) It looks like someone can still buy the game up to 8 weeks from now and still qualify as a "Founder" by immediately buying and redeeming a Game Time Code.

Some of us were on the forums in 2008, played in closed beta (not me), preordered, played in beta weekends, played in early game access, and were playing the first week if not the first day. I'm not complaining, but they do seem to be stretching the term "founder". Are the phone reps they hired yesterday BioWare Founders, too? ;)

On the other hand, after playing Thanksgiving Weekend Beta and seeing so much unfinished and buggy, I guestimated that it could take until March to get the game to launch quality state. Maybe "Founder" is their way of saying "thanks for paying for the final beta"? :)

This will keep people playing! No doubt! Another great idea by Bioware!

Well, most of the people who are "quitting" are "quitting" over a false rumor. So yeah, I don't think Biowares aim was to keep people playing with this.

We would like to thank each and every one of you for helping to make Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ one of the most successful MMO launches of all time. To show our appreciation, from now through March 19th, 2012, 12:01AM EST, we are rewarding early members of The Old Republic community with a unique Founder’s medal* and title.

Read More

HAHA you could not write comedy like this, brilliant.

hmmm, instead of a title I would seriously consider some free game time. You know once a person leaves they will likely be gone for good. Don't have to believe me, ask SOE....

this sounds like you are looking for an excuse to stay with this game, if that's the case all the extra game time in the world won't make you enjoy this game.

gimme free time and i luv you long time, which in reality you don't enjoy the time but you would stay here and whine and complain about every little thing that in your opinion is wring with the game.

this is not a personal attack at you even though it may come across as one, it is a generalization of peoples attitudes in other games i have seen when they give free time out to try and stop the quitters from quitting.

You, are a Biodrone and you're hurting the game by letting Bioware think everything is just fine. But don't worry, those of us who want to see the game succeed will drag the Biodrones and fanboi's along kicking and screaming while we rally for Bioware to fix their game. You'll thank us in the end.

Ill be proud to be a BioDrone or whatever, im a jr game developer so i take no offense to it as BioWare is one of my aspiring career companies i may want to work for... but Lol, actually i know the "newly launched game" has issues... because im not a "now now now!" person i knew for a long time it would have issues. Im realistic, anyone expecting insta fixes or im unsubbing is who u need to look at with an akward eye >_>

this sounds like you are looking for an excuse to stay with this game, if that's the case all the extra game time in the world won't make you enjoy this game.

gimme free time and i luv you long time, which in reality you don't enjoy the time but you would stay here and whine and complain about every little thing that in your opinion is wring with the game.

this is not a personal attack at you even though it may come across as one, it is a generalization of peoples attitudes in other games i have seen when they give free time out to try and stop the quitters from quitting.

No, just saying if they are really planning some fixes... and want some of the people leaving to think they are serious... I know, wishful thinking... But people need to understand that we didn't all buy this game to quit... We quit because the negative outweighs the positive... I don't know how bad this last patch was as I have not played in a week. I guess the last time I tried and after all the long wait of the loading screens and then accidently X'ing out did it for me, never had the energy to try again...

Ill be proud to be a BioDrone or whatever, im a jr game developer so i take no offense to it as BioWare is one of my aspiring career companies i may want to work for... but Lol, actually i know the "newly launched game" has issues... because im not a "now now now!" person i knew for a long time it would have issues. Im realistic, anyone expecting insta fixes or im unsubbing is who u need to look at with an akward eye >_>

Seems there is someone else on these forums that shares my view on this title and medal. :)

It is not the hardcore players or the casuals that ruin games, it's the 'me, me, me' and the 'now, now, now' crowds that do this all by themselves, anyways i was originally going to say at least someone has a firm grasp on reality and does not seem to expect everything to be done yesterday.

Hope your life's ambitions pan out for you in the future. :)

Wow...

I know you had this planned for awhile now...

But c'mon... you should have known this was NOT the day to announce it.

And why not? You think they should have announced it after the billing cycle was over?

What's wrong with trying to entice people to subscribe to an MMO? And why does it matter that it happened on the same day as a patch with some flaws?

Yes, they're trying to convince people to play their game. That's how they pay their rent.

Yeah and i actually run my own indy games company and would never hire someone who cant think for themselves. Good luck in your chosen career i really hope you end up working for EA

Seems there is someone else on these forums that shares my view on this title and medal. :)

It is not the hardcore players or the casuals that ruin games, it's the 'me, me, me' and the 'now, now, now' crowds that do this all by themselves, anyways i was originally going to say at least someone has a firm grasp on reality and does not seem to expect everything to be done yesterday.

Hope your life's ambitions pan out for you in the future. :)

iKR? In all honesty, they should have another title for the ppl who unsub and come back months or years later after all the bashing. It should be called "Defecter" :D

It's nice, but they should have just given it to anybody who redeemed a product code before that deadline.

Tying it into an active subscription immensely cheapens the effort. Well, actually, I guess it makes the effort more expensive, and I guess that's the point. /rimshot :D:D:D

I'd say "if you canceled, you really won't care about an in-game item or title." But of course you're still posting, so you still care. :p

Lol, are you kidding? I saw this thread and knew instantly it would be more entertaining than anything in the game! Time for caring is over for many of us on our last day but we will likely still watch the forums even if we can't post.

Yeah and i actually run my own indy games company and would never hire someone who cant think for themselves. Good luck in your chosen career i really hope you end up working for EA

So how exactly am i not thinking for myself? if anything the fair weather fans threatening to leave are the ones following the heard.... baaaa