For all the people overtly negative to this game...

DarthMeerkat

Why are you still posting in a game forum (That I assume in two days) you will no longer be playing?

As a matter of fact if this game is so terrible and not worth your time why are you posting here?

Do you think people care that you are canceling your subs over Illum?

Do you hope to turn people away from this game somehow?

Are you fans of other games and just hope for this one to fail?

or all of the above?

I can honestly understand that occasional complaining about major bugs such as the whole Illum thing but when you seem to had the game for what it is why continue to complain about it?

Edited by DarthMeerkat

Why are you still posting in a game forum (That I assume in two days) you will no longer be playing?

As a matter of fact if this game is so terrible and not worth you'r time why are you posting here?

Do you think people care that you are canceling you'r subs over Illum?

or all of the above?

I can honestly understand that occasional complaining about major bugs such as the whole Illum thing but when you seem to had the game for what it is why continue to complain about it?

So that you read my complaints instead of playing the game of course.

Well for me playing the game and using the forums are the same thing, except the forums have been more entertaining for at least 1/2 of my first month. After the game got really boring I just spent most my time here. I also play some other games and occasionally alt-tab into TOR to watch my operative dance in the slave girl uniform.

Figured you might want a real answer to the question. As far as all the nonstop complaints about the same thing, there's a lot of angry people.

Edited by Aisar

The same reason why people slow down and watch an accident on the road, I guess. There's something strangely addicting to watching a disaster unfold before your very eyes.

QFT :)

Also, there is somehow a strange sense of rage developing among people who spent time and money on something that turned into a disaster of mmo-epic proportions!

But dont worry, we will be gone tomorow. You're almost done with your prevention threads, just hang on a little longer, and we will be out of your hair.

As a matter of fact if this game is so terrible and not worth your time why are you posting here?

Because I want the game to be successful and after years of playing MMO's I've learned that to fix what is broken there must be yelling and it must be loud and frequent.

I don't care if they care or not. And it's not over Ilum.

No.

No.

or all of the above?

Do you want to know the real answer? The truth?

Because we wanted this game to succeed so badly and wished so much for it to be the next best game, that when we saw the same old crap regurgitated up with a Star Wars skin trying to be passed off as INNOVATIVE, it made people angry. I try to keep civil, but that's why I still post. To help us all from making this mistake again. Because this game was surely a mistake.

<<< Check the joined date

Wait a minute...

How did you not know what type of game this was going to be like 6 months ago?

Oh, I knew from the minute they announced the game that it was going to be this way. I wrote posts back in 2008 about the story driven elements outshining the gameplay aspects, and whether or not there'd be enough development resources to get the entire game right with so much audio/video/story overhead.

I played this because I had to experience it. I plan on making MMOs one day, and this was valuable experience.

Edited by JediMasterShake

What do you mean, what type of game? You mean bad? I'm pretty sure they didn't announce that in a Friday update lol.

Whats so bad about this game that can't be fixed with a few months of updates and patches?

Unless you're one of those people who think MMOs have always launched smoothly.

Look at a different way.

If I'm seeing your sister and she's over my house all the time (that's code) but I keep complaining - she doesn't do her hair for me, she never cooks for me, she curses too much, she doesn't dress up for me, etc.. Do you still need ask why I am still with her?

It's STAR WARS DUDE and it's an MMO! We are all expecting a lot and we want to like it but if we don't we are complaining because we want them to fix it and make it better.

This game has a lot of expectations to live up to. We want our nerdgazm.

If we are - pros:

1) paid for the game

2) are playing the game

3) paying the subscription

But we are - con:

1) complaining there are too many bugs, please fix

2) complaining it's too linear and not expansive and adventurous like we were expecting

3) missing lots of features we were expecting

Then overall are we really being overly negative? I think we are at this point balancing out to be slightly positive.

Oh, I knew from the minute they announced the game that it was going to be this way. I wrote posts back in 2008 about the story driven elements outshining the gameplay aspects, and whether or not there'd be enough development resources to get the entire game right with so much audio/video/story overhead.

I played this because I had to experience it. I plan on making MMOs one day, and this was valuable experience.

I hope you can make the MMO equivalent to the shining city on the hill ... so everyone can flame the heck out of it on the forums :D

I kid, I kid. Good luck to ya though, hope one day I'm pwning noobs in the world you create.

Because it's the only way to effect positive change in this game.

Your sitting there and constantly praising the developers for churning out broken and mediocre content isn't gonna motivate them to do any better next time. You need to hit their bottom line.

And what did you learn?

Because it sure as hell wasn't that all MMO's launch with bugs.

You plan on making MMOs? So tell me do you also plan on making a time machine so you can go into the future, get your mmo polished 2.4 codes, then implement them into your 1.0 launch version?

or all of the above?

Maybe ppl want to use the time that they already paid for. May be no matter how much someone hates this game...they have a hope so see fixes while there time is running. If I payed 60$ for a plate of food that it turns out i dont like the tast, guess what...Ima finish my food! I payed 60$ for this mess!

Whats so bad about this game that can't be fixed with a few months of updates and patches?

Unless you're one of those people who think MMOs have always launched smoothly.

A few months? No. Not a chance. It will take a year to get things straitened out and running smoothly at the least which is when I'll be back. I hope they are successful but for right now the game is on the bad side.

Edited by BBQPorkMogul