The 45 Year and Older Professional Club

Master-Pappy

52 yr old computer tech and muscian here and lovin every minute of it. People who know me think I'm crazy for wasting time in online worlds instead of dressing up like a freak and wasting time watching football and drinkin beer and farting all day.

• Replies 810
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a bail agent, mother, grandmother and I too played pong. My first computer game was command and conquer which my son got me into. Since that time, I've evolved to mmo's....not a lot.7 years of SWG and now this.. My son plays with me and he's 42 this year so do the math. Not saying my true age but I will say I am over 60...yikes and I think I have to be the oldest player in the game. I see posts about 50 something, etc but how about 60 something Edited by mnookow

Thirty up there MD. Yep, most people I find in game are significantly younger. Don't think I've ever met anyone from the classic "bunch of years of training after college" professions really. Good to know you're all out there.

42 yr. old PhD here- I've waited 35 years to play this game, and am quite satisfied. The only thing that I lack is a decent guild, and I'd join the one described here in a second.

I agree that we're rare, but maybe not as rare as it appears- I think one reason for this is that our generation is a little more hesitant to tell complete strangers who we are.

I must admit, that I cannot join your club. However, reading this thread is comforting. I am an artist and I work with technolog/art in practice and in theory. I do much reasearch and write papers on contemporary social behavior in computer games, and reading, that you guys are well payed academics who still play is comforting; right now, I can rarely play because of study and work. Just hit lvl 50.

I like your tone, way of writing and sharing your experience. Knowing that it is possible for you to play and still have a profession is nice; I love playing, but the amount of time these games take today as well as the dialogue people often use on forums and online is what keeps me from playing more beside of time. I know that my dad at 60 play civilization everyday and get a kick out of it.

Keep the spirit up, and let me know if any of you are at the Niman server! I think playing with you guys must be a nice experience. I to do it for destressing, relaxing and just chatting with friends while playing.. Starwars!

37 this year, I know what 8 tracks are :D

would love to see a 3X+ guild...I'd be happy to provide the 512 user Teamspeak server! I'm tired of the younger generations self centered attitudes in MMO's.

Actually would rather see us all head back to SWGEMU.com where socializing is fun and supported. I'm not much of a fan of SWTOR, sorry...I really wanted to be.

I am 69 and work in computer training and consulting

When I first got a computer I knew it was not really meant to work on - really just for gaming

Been raiding in wow for years and rift and tried most popular mmos

Having a ball in this game following the story lines

Hello all,

This guild is currently structured that each character in the guild has a main char same rank as everyone else Jedi ,and alts are title Black Bisector .Just for identification.

If you join the channel you will be invited as title Padawan,Until you decide if the character is going to be your main or an alt.

You can simply play knowing your in your own age range.

But if you want to be a true member of our community please register on the website adding the names of your main and alts in the character tab of your profile.

Site address in signature.

From the website anyone will be able to make suggestions for implimentation of the guilds evolvement,and all suggestions will be polled ,all the site member will have time to vote and comment .

So this will form the path of the guild ,No need to ask what we do in game because if you want the guild as a whole to do something simply suggest it and based on the community response it could happen.

No individuals will be responsible for the guilds path ,we will all be responsible and have a vote and say.

To get started get over to sith wyrm republic type /cjoin older from there you can be invited and let the games begin

Edited by overunitee

Howdy everyone --- I'm 76 (lvl 32) and played a little bit during beta -- I have 2 sons 49 and 46 who play and a grandson 10 who is level 11. No doubt I have problems finding stuff and frequently get lost, but i'm hanging in there.

My sons and I have played WOW since its beginning and find SWTOR refreshing and fun.

As an ex airforce pilot, you would think that I would do well in the space battles, but I stink.

Playing SWTOR at age 76 ??? Maybe its a record for SWTOR and WOW. But It's better than watching TV, especially since the NFL is about finished.

Gramps

Actually, there is solid science that connects gaming to the prevention to any number of illnesses common among elderly, so beyond having fun and having a cool story, you're actually protecting your mind! Gratz!

The OP: Awesome thread!

I tried to read most of it and will come back to visit to read more. About me, I just turned 49 and pretty much everyone in my life knows I'm a major Star Wars geeks, even named one of my dogs Wicket. However, professionally, I think the vast majority of my clientele would be very shocked that I play this game.

Ive had my own business for about 13 years now, Im a Virtual CEO and high level business strategist. I started my career doing corporate turnarounds relatively young. Ive also written, directed and produced several dramatic short films, one of which did very well in Europe. Im apart of a dramatic narrative short form improv troupe, which is a blast.

There is a certain amount of of low level "celebrity" that comes with what I do which requires me to be "on" a lot. Star Wars books and games, especially this game, allow me to not have to be that guy- Im just another toon going on a raid or wandering around in my little PvE world. The amount of stress reduction I get from this game, I cannot even begin. I dont think about anything, worry about anything, I just get to have fun.

Im a HUGE Bioware fan, love their RPG's, so the story piece to all of this has been like a dream come true. I take lots of screenies and hope to one day create an ongoing story line via a blog, for my SWTOR legacy piece, especially my core toon, currently a Level 42 Jedi Sentinel. Although I have yet to join a guild, Ive belonged to two awesome, nature guilds in the past- one with WoW and one with SWG.

Now if I could just find a cute SWTOR wife, my life would be about as perfect as it gets.

Again, great post!

Edited by Jinook_Phi

45 the New 30 and the OPC

I fall into the 45+ category. I work with the professional field, however-

I'm a humble professional messenger, (delivering legal docs from one law office to another, process server, etc.)-

I have a professional hobby: I'm a "Graphic Design Broker" that makes a supplemental income from designing; business cards, posters, banners, etc.

I love "role-playing" I like PvE, and I enjoy PvP. For me, the PvP adds to some sort of realism for my role-playing, hence, I prefer RP/PvP servers over RP servers.

I'm hoping to see in the game, Character Profile.

And think about it, ages ago, before any of us 45ers were born, way back in the day, there were professionals that would have a large table with miniature toy confederate, union, or red coat toy soldiers. I still love that Jimmy Stewart movie; "You Can't Take It With You" -- The movie ended with a retired mogul and banker playing the harmonica.

Some corporations are discovering the benefits of allowing naps at work; discovering that the 20 min power nap, provides for higher productivity verses the same staff on caffeine.

Seems though we are bombarded by the pubescent youth. Thankfully a number of them are mature enough to play with and add to the game play, unlike their counterparts that can't even spell, hence they rely only on txt msg making crude statements followed by, i pwn u. Whatever. I usually laugh it off.

To sum this up. Glad to have you with us, Master Pappy. And may the force be strong with us.

Edited by Ravynwynd

I am a 51 year adult from the west coast. Currently I am on Zaalbar on the republic side. It seems like a quiet server and of the few guild members we have, few are rarely on and if they are, they are playing the dark side. I am more than willing to re-roll some addition toons if I could find a causal, active guild of mature adults. If anyone suggestions for a republic-side guild on a PvE server, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Edited by Naturesromance

I am a 51 year adult from the west coast. Currently I am on Zaalbar on the republic side. It seems like a quiet server and of the few guild members we have, few are rarely on and if they are, they are playing the dark side. I am more than willing to re-roll some addition toons if I could find a causal, active guild of mature adults. If anyone suggestions for a republic-side guild on a PvE server, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

How about a RP server? Rubat Crystal, the Sunfire Adepts.

You can be as old or as young as you want to be in MMO's and on the internet really. I bet that you find yourself playing and enjoying your time more with other older players though due to maturity and things in common. I am not talking about only liking other 40+ players, but just a general mature way they play the game and goals that are set.

My guild is all over the map for age. From close to 50 or so, down to 19 I think. I have no issues with anyone younger as long as they are respectful and represent the guild in a manner that we as a guild have set.

I love all the different people that play MMO's and enjoy meeting and leaning new things. That is one reason why I play. :D

• 2 weeks later...
I am one of those older players. Also, this is my first MMO game. I am looking for someone to partner up with, any west coast server I am still learning the game and would like to find some to play with. I am 54 years old. I am currently unemployed, but have worked in the Telecom and IT groups for 15 years. Edited by Glennahansen