The 45 Year and Older Professional Club

Master-Pappy

• Replies 810
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a etired Civil Engineering Tech. I played computer games in the 1980s, and started playing mmorpg in the late 1990's. My brother, a retired chef; brother-in-law a High School teacher; 1 great niece and great nephew, 1 grandchild, and a bunch of friends, all have played Wow now and most have moved on to Swtor. (I still have an active acct. on Wow, friends there that I enjoy visiting with, till they move :) ).

I'm having a great deal of fun. Something I haven't experienced in an online game since beta EQ.

37 year old social worker by training, but working as an office manager these days.

Never played any kind of computer/video games at all before, besides a few silly Facebook games.

Been playing since early access, am part of a guild with grown people, a small but tight group of friends.

I love every minute of playing....well, maybe besides that one minute I was told to go kill myself by the group leader in a PvP-match :-P

This is quite possibly the best thread I have ever read.

Only 38 but, planning on playing easily past my 45th.

Sales Manager, oilfield. Go figure.

Married, 2 kids 11 and 12. No I won't allow them to touch my pc, but since I have purchased every console at release they are doing okay. We still have 3 working PS2's for when we all dual and tri boxed on EQOA... lol

The first game I remember playing was rat race on the vic20. The atari 2600 was the most awesome thing I had ever seen. Pitfall haha.. jump Harry

I sold all my Baseball cards to buy my first nes. I've been doomed to the life of a gamer ever since.

It's so awesome to read through this thread, now I can go tell my wife "see,see, I told you games aren't just for kids":rolleyes:

Howdy everyone --- I'm 76 (lvl 32) and played a little bit during beta -- I have 2 sons 49 and 46 who play and a grandson 10 who is level 11. No doubt I have problems finding stuff and frequently get lost, but i'm hanging in there.

My sons and I have played WOW since its beginning and find SWTOR refreshing and fun.

As an ex airforce pilot, you would think that I would do well in the space battles, but I stink.

Playing SWTOR at age 76 ??? Maybe its a record for SWTOR and WOW. But It's better than watching TV, especially since the NFL is about finished.

Gramps

Wow! I suddenly don't feel so old at 44. :)

Been gaming since Pong was the "must-have" christmas present and been a SW nerd since my parents took me to see the original at the drive-in movies when I was 10. I especially love it when I can combine the 2. Gaming is a great escape from a long work day ( sure beats watching all that reality crap on tv ) and its something I can connect with my kids.

Yes, I'm middle-aged gamer and proud of it. Sign me up for the Older Republic Guild as well.

Wow! I suddenly don't feel so old at 44. :)

Been gaming since Pong was the "must-have" christmas present and been a SW nerd since my parents took me to see the original at the drive-in movies when I was 10. I especially love it when I can combine the 2. Gaming is a great escape from a long work day ( sure beats watching all that reality crap on tv ) and its something I can connect with my kids.

Yes, I'm middle-aged gamer and proud of it. Sign me up for the Older Republic Guild as well.

Come on over to the Sith Wyrm server if you don't have a toon there already, and type /cjoin Older, then hit enter. We've got guilds in both factions, though the Republic side is more populated than the Imp side right now. That being said, Shaolynn on his Sith Inquisitor tried to wup my Shadow Consular in some friendly pre-made PvP matches tonight, so we do have some fun on both sides of the Force. We had a great time. He died a lot more than me. :p

Then we ran Taral V in hardmode, and cheered on a guildmate who made it to level 49 tonight. If you click the link in my signature, you'll be able to access our website, check out our calendar, and see what we're doing that day. Mostly, we just enjoy gaming with folks who are beyond being worried about whether the zit will go away in time for the Prom.

Just turned 55, unemloyed PC tech looking for work,dayton Ohio area,been playing since TTY days and build several 8 bit computers.remeber when 1200 baud was smoking.

Oh wow, I can remember upgrading McConnel AFB from 300baud to 1200baud modems, back in the days when your hardware whistled and chirped for several seconds before you could do anything. :)

Remember how cool it was when 5 1/4 floppies meant never having to pray the cassette tape failed to load?

Come on over to the Sith Wyrm server if you don't have a toon there already, and type /cjoin Older, then hit enter. We've got guilds in both factions, though the Republic side is more populated than the Imp side right now. That being said, Shaolynn on his Sith Inquisitor tried to wup my Shadow Consular in some friendly pre-made PvP matches tonight, so we do have some fun on both sides of the Force. We had a great time. He died a lot more than me. :p

Then we ran Taral V in hardmode, and cheered on a guildmate who made it to level 49 tonight. If you click the link in my signature, you'll be able to access our website, check out our calendar, and see what we're doing that day. Mostly, we just enjoy gaming with folks who are beyond being worried about whether the zit will go away in time for the Prom.

Love this guild! Am 55 and a Psychiatrist. My son got me started!

56 here. I was born before man first went into space if you want to put it into perspective. Work for an airline managing materials out in the Western U.S. Found out that one of my co workers played WoW and also wanted to play Star Wars so I couldn't resist.

I love the game because it is not raid or die like a certain other. Oh, and for the record in that game I jumped between main tank for a guild and DPS depending on the need. You don't need to be young and have lightning reflexes to play an MMO.

Hi,

I'm 56, a High School Teacher, my Wife is 51 we play together...hehe. Been playing MMO's for probable 20 years, and before that I was a DM and worte Pen and Paper RPG's. My wife and I first dated in an MMO online.

Edited by Star-ranger

It got me to thinking, "How many others out there are like me?" I'm sure I'm not the oldest player out there. So, if you fall into the geriatric crowd within SWTOR, give a shout out with your age and profession. It will be cool to know who is out there.

I met my husband online....our long distance courtship took place primarily in COH. I'm 51, he's 56 (and already posted) and we're still playing online...side-by-side.

I think of myself as a "founder fan" having been one of those standing in the long lines outside a theater in 1977 to see the first STAR WARS again...

May the force continue to be with us!

I should note, however, that if he continues to nitpick my posts on community forums I'm going to have to go all sith on him!

Edited by Mezmeara
punctuation.