The 45 Year and Older Professional Club

Master-Pappy

53, retired. Former soldier a looong way back.

While I do not have tour shirts, I have the South African cover versions of a few old hits in vinyl. All we ever saw under Apartheid of all the cool music... My first computer was a Spectrum, and I remember programming on that horrible keyboard. I cannot program - sorry script - my current rig worth a damn, neither can I PvP worth a cent. One of the younguns told me in an instance: "You know what you are doing, but you are slow." Dunno whether to laugh or cry. A Twitch RPG game - what a concept.

AND I am a fan of AD&D first edition. Anyone remember the endless debates about alignment in the 1980's? About the only thing good about 3.5 was the alignment descriptions. Now they yammer on about rotations and cooldowns - SIGH. I remember handcrafting my Characters' background, complete with code of ethics, looks and preferences in drinks. Amagluglug to the old days. Cheers

• Replies 810
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Occupation: Regional Sales Manager for a small food brokerage, which means they cant give me more money, so they gave me a title, lol.

Honestly, I have met a fair number of players in my age group, and older in this game, and also in World of Warcraft, its funny when some of the younger players are surprised, but after all, my age group had Dungeons and Dragons and the first video games, this is just natural progression in how we seek our amusements. :cool:

Geez, would be great if we could roll our own guild and show these young-whippersnappers wassup....

54 on Sunday (20 May) - ex-soldier - IT Manager for an emergency aero-medical company.

It's hilarious when my 11 year old whom I roll with tells his buddies that his "dad games",

Hells, and I thought I was 'special' cause I was old.

Edited by Anokii

So, what server does everyone use?

I'm 46 in a couple of months, software developer (hence "sum" "jedi"), and 1977 was the year everyone quit calling me "Cool Hand" and started telling me to use the force.

We really should pick a server we'll all roll on (PVE or RP) and roll up chars, find each other.

We have The Older Republic (OlderRepublic.enjin.com) and the Older Empire on the PvE East Sith Wyrm server. :)

Check out our website, type in /cjoin Older if you'd like to chat in our Older channel to learn more about us, and join the fun! We all re-rerolled to this server in February/March, but many of us have a lot of toons at all levels.

Edited by JaeOnasi

We have The Older Republic (OlderRepublic.enjin.com) and the Older Empire on the PvE East Sith Wyrm server. :)

Check out our website, type in /cjoin Older if you'd like to chat in our Older channel to learn more about us, and join the fun! We all re-rerolled to this server in February/March, but many of us have a lot of toons at all levels.

Dropped a knight on the server last night, but he hasn't even ordered a beer on Tython yet. Still running with my boys on a different server, but I'll definitely be looking for you all.

I've been celebrating my annual 35th birthday for some years now, and I'm a technical writer/ writing instructor. It's nice to see so many fine folks giving the lie to the stereotype about gamers. Sith Wyrm, you say? Hmmmmm ... I'm waiting on a contract, so my day's free; wonder what the lag time is to the Antipodes?

I've been celebrating my annual 35th birthday for some years now, and I'm a technical writer/ writing instructor. It's nice to see so many fine folks giving the lie to the stereotype about gamers. Sith Wyrm, you say? Hmmmmm ... I'm waiting on a contract, so my day's free; wonder what the lag time is to the Antipodes?

Nearly 60 here, and 2 years from retirement--I teach technical writing at a university and do professional editing on the side. I saw the movie when it first came out, and I still have 8-track tapes and an 8-track tape player. I have grandchildren. Am I qualified for this club?

53 years young with wife and two kids this marriage 17 and 15 years old, 30 year old daughter from previous marriage with 2 grandchildren 3 yrs old and 18 months.

Queued for the Original SW film in '77 when I was 18(ish), been waiting for the MMO of Star Wars that I would enjoy for many years.

Joined WoW when it was only weeks old and didn't leave it till I signed up for SWTOR sadly I had dandruff that was older than some of my Guild Mates in WoW.

IT Technician for a large Inner City College and been fixing computers since I saw my first Commodore Pet in the 70's

I play this game at least 2 hours every day and love every minute.

43 in just under two weeks. Data Services Mgr for fairly small company that I've been with for 15 years come July. Have had only one coworker over that time that plays/played MMOs but, the guild I've been in since Dec'02 with Asheron's Call 2 has members ranging in age from their late teens to late 50s or early 60s.

And my parents took me to see the original Star Wars in a drive-in in upstate NY when it first came out ... same summer (even momth/weekend) that the original Smokey & the Bandit was released. Saw it in the same place.

Yep, I was one of those who saw Star Wars in a theater, too, but my dad waited to see it until he didn't have to have younger kids in a long line.

We have a thriving 40-and-older guild now, and we welcome more to join us. :) The link is in my signature. :)

Edited by JaeOnasi

For any of you 45 year olds out there, I was of legal drinking age when you all were born! My older son plays (he's 38) :sul_grin: I'm not too good, but I sure have fun here!

We Are Not Your Fathers is an Imperial guild on the Sith'Ari EU server.

We are in our 30s to 50s, All of us lead our own diffrent lifes, working or retired; some of us single or families, some of us husband-and-wife players who plays together, some of us still students. So first we are big family and guild of mature gamers who have bonded together to seek out relaxing and having fun, while getting to know each other a little better.. We believe that gaming doesn't have to be solely about the game or the loots. But of course we love to play and we are hardcore / semi-hardcore players.

So this guild was started by a group of adventuring friends, who decided to gather together, in their adventures and wished to create a family type group, that gathered together to enjoy their Star Wars The Old Republic experiences. Too search out new regions, encounter new enemies as a gaming fans...

In WANYF you will find a community of mature gaming players looking to have some fun and enjoy an escape from our daily life. Most of us have family and work obligations. Some of us also have kids. Our roster ranges from Students to Graduates, Mothers and Fathers, Wifes and Husbands all brought together to unite in one common goal that has become our motto:

All About The Fun, we value that above all else in this guild. Laid Back, Have Fun and no Drama with like minded individuals.

If this sounds like you, please review our Guild Rules and of course our Recruiting Application.

See you in game.

We Are Not Your Fathers

Career: EXVP/COO Multi Million $ Construction Company

Played a ton of WoW in a hardcore raiding guild till it became the regurgitated mess has become with the last Expac. I will not be playing with the pandas. Played SWTOR since launch and love the game. I have played Aion, Rift, STO, Tera and this is by far the best experience I have had in an MMO. Its not perfect but looking at all the launches of past MMO's it to me is the best.

33, with a PhD in biology. My friends (an accountant and his wife and a dentist friend of ours) and I play on the Dalborra Server (Asia Pacific), mostly Empire side with the odd Pub alt. I was lucky enough that my dad brought me to watch 6 in the cinemas when I was a wee lad.

We all started on vanilla WoW (quit during my PhD to focus on that) and I talked them into Old Republic on account of the SW geek in me. We mostly PVP (one of us was a High Warlord in vanilla WoW), but have started running flashpoints. Loving the game for the stories - no spacebar spamming here.

I'm 35 year old. Work as DTP operator. Playing on computers since ZX84 (or was it 81?). Played several MMO (champions online, wow, neosteam, dofus, fiesta, eve...), but nothing as serious as SWTOR.

FOR THE EMPIRE!!!!!

(is there any other choice?)

Edited by desmozges

45 yrs young here. Retired IT tech. Still do an occasional build here and there.

Waited in line to see A New Hope. LOVE the original trilogy.

Been gaming since the original Pong came out in the 70's. Still have the console too. ;)

Been through just about every genre of game I can find: RPG, FPS, MMORPGS, you name it.

Plan to continue gaming until the lower me into the ground. And when they do, my game boy better be in my pocket!

X.

We have a bunch of us over on the Sith Wyrm server (PvE East) who are 40-ish and better. If you want to join a group that levels regularly, PvPs, and does ops, come join us. :) We have guilds in both sides of the Force. :)

Just click on the link in my sig to check out our website. :) If you have questions, type '/cjoin Older' on the Republic side, and type out your message in our channel.

Edited by JaeOnasi