Post 1.1 Ilum PVP Issues Discussion

JovethGonzalez

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At this point, a roll back is not enough. There also needs to be a credit placed on each player's account for an additional day of subscription time. This is how Blizzard did it early in their own release when they were forced to take their servers down unexpectedly, even if it was only for a couple of hours, you'd get a couple of hours of additional game time tacked on to your account.

I believe it was in BioWare's own press release which they claimed, "BioWare and LucasArts have released an unparalleled artistic achievement, always putting fans and product quality first."

Time to step up and prove it. Roll back the servers, and credit all players with the appropriate amount of game time, from 2am when the servers went down for the initial patch, to the time when they eventually come back up as pre-patch rolled back servers.

-Macheath.

Bioware did nothing (that I'm aware of) for the big credit exploit, and I don't imagine they will do anything but "fix" the valor issue.

The message they seem to be sending is: "If something is broken or an exploit is out there, be sure to use it before we fix it. The end".

Hope the folks with 1 billion credits and maxed valor have a good time!

Who has logged in and seen successful spawn farming happen on their server in the Ilum warzone? Please post your server's name.

I saw it happen earlier this afternoon on Jung Ma while watching my brother play but it's not happening on Fa'Athra, where my main resides (a weak attempt at it did happen earlier though). Just slightly unbalanced PVP is all that's happening now. It would be interesting to see if this is just isolated to a few servers.

Regardless, like all cancerous acts, it will spread.

I've put up with bugs, mem leak laggs, class imbalance and still enjoyed a large part of the game. This crap today, though, has me saying 'thx bai'.

This kind of idiotic, lack of foresight bullcrap makes me lose ALL faith in BW/EA's ability to develop/manage this game.

What an absolute joke. As previous posters have mentioned, this kind of ****-up is one of the biggest of its kind in any MMO I have ever experienced. Thanks.

I just cannot believe something as obvious as faction imbalance wasn't taken into any sort of consideration here. So f'ing dumb.

You'd expect the infamous class balancing team who previously worked on Warhammer to have thought of... Oh wait *** am I saying...

If there isn't a roll-back it will only confound this EPIC FAIL into the MMO history books and drive a short, sharp nail into SWTOR's coffin.

Question: Just curious... How many of you were on the test server testing this patch? Raise of hands.

The fact that you cant transfer your level 50 to the PTR, so you will have to reroll a level 1 raise it to 50 and then test it out in a week. Oh btw have the same faction imbalance occur on the PTR for this to be properly tested. So have a bunch of imperials also roll a level 1 and then have them to 50, go to Illum etc. You get it why it cannot be done and properly tested.

I don't have a solution about all the problem made by the 1.1 but i can give you some exemple about what's happening on a french jce server.

Illum is dead. 20 empire players against 2 republic player... People who play the republic don't want to come anymore on ilum.

BG for lvl 50 are dead:

-Waiting for the beginning of a bg is now very long

-The 60 and more have a double advantage now:

1)a better stuff

2)it's now more easyer to have these stuff than the champion stuff with the new token system.

- now the low level players say "it's not normal to play with lvl 49"... Next time it will be 48...

At this point, a roll back is not enough. There also needs to be a credit placed on each player's account for an additional day of subscription time. This is how Blizzard did it early in their own release when they were forced to take their servers down unexpectedly, even if it was only for a couple of hours, you'd get a couple of hours of additional game time tacked on to your account.

I believe it was in BioWare's own press release which they claimed, "BioWare and LucasArts have released an unparalleled artistic achievement, always putting fans and product quality first."

Time to step up and prove it. Roll back the servers, and credit all players with the appropriate amount of game time, from 2am when the servers went down for the initial patch, to the time when they eventually come back up as pre-patch rolled back servers.

-Macheath.

This is ridiculous. I've been at work all day! So have thousands of other players. Why would we need a credit? Some of you are WAY over-reacting. Give them time to work out the kinks and until then, chill. ^_^

it's time to go back...TO THE FUTURE!

I am not even going to bother logging in tonight, because a full rollback is the only solution to this problem, and I'm not wasting my time PvP'ing fairly only to have my valor removed.

Warzone PvP is fun, though the valor grind is a royal pain in the bantha, still..up until now I've never felt the Sith players on my server had a massive advantage over the republic so much winning was unlikely. If there isn't a rollback on all valor earned today on illum (only there) I can see massive problems,which is just not acceptable.

Rollback please Bioware...make the hard call now before it gets really out of hand.

Republic players will lose some valor earned fairly, but they need to accept the fact if there isn't a rollback now, all the Sith players who farmed valor today will become so powerful, any PvP fights that take place from tomorrow onwards will have republic players at a severe disadvantage due to all the uber geared Sith massively outnumbering the uber geared rebs.

Better to take a small hit to valor now, than face weeks or months of painful defeats in warzones due to 8 man sith teams in full battlemaster gear.

ps, Bioware..a free white saber crystal to my account would ease my pain over this issue....:D

Edited by Sylvan

Question: Just curious... How many of you were on the test server testing this patch? Raise of hands.

Not interested until character copy becomes available. I'm not going to level another 50 just to test for them.

I've put up with bugs, mem leak laggs, class imbalance and still enjoyed a large part of the game. This crap today, though, has me saying 'thx bai'.

This kind of idiotic, lack of foresight bullcrap makes me lose ALL faith in BW/EA's ability to develop/manage this game.

What an absolute joke. As previous posters have mentioned, this kind of ****-up is one of the biggest of its kind in any MMO I have ever experienced. Thanks.

I just cannot believe something as obvious as faction imbalance wasn't taken into any sort of consideration here. So f'ing dumb.

You'd expect the infamous class balancing team who previously worked on Warhammer to have thought of... Oh wait *** am I saying...

If there isn't a roll-back it will only confound this EPIC FAIL into the MMO history books and drive a short, sharp nail into SWTOR's coffin.

I've seen worse! In fact I consider this to be a small issue with small implications in the long run. Compared with the fiery train wrecks I've seen before!

Sub Canceled.

I refuse to further support a company that not only has built faction imbalanced mechanics into a game, which happens to be the same faction that a majority of the Developer's have claimed to play once released, as well as further leave those mechanics in the game after a month of release. Bioware, you still refuse to rectify these issues, and now your new patch has further broken a game that was already broken by numerous pvp issues and faction imbalances.

I give you credit for FINALLY posting on these forums, however "We're looking into it" no longer cuts it. You have failed as a MMO developer to utalize one of the best resources you have, player feedback. For weeks now feedback has been posted about many issues that as far as my opinion goes, should have been fixed before releasing even more content into a unpolished game. Your new Ilum patch has just added even more fuel to an inferno, ruining pvp further. As people have claimed and I have witnessed, the game is now littered with servers that have a enourmous sith faction imbalance flooding Ilum with spawn camping, giving the republic no chance of even utalizing the zone.

Again, issues further casued by those who have chosen to re-roll sith or word-of-mouth and forum posts showing that You, Bioware, quite possibly built in mechanics that clearly benifit Sith with no plans or posts appoligizing for it or plans to fix it. "Looking into it" at this point is too late for me, and many others apparently.

I have no problem returning to Star Wars if you finally decide to wake up to the flaws of your game and patch them.

LOL at the people blaming people for not rollin on the PTR

You do know you can't transfer a 50, or /level 50 or anything of this nature.

Maybe this explains why the Valor is so bugged out.

No excuse on this population imbalance issue, which 1.1 has just blown the F up.

How many level 50's do you think there are on a 1-week old test server that has the ever-possibility of getting character wipes? No character transfers, remember?

This was a theory-crafted patch. It was unable to be tested in a live format, and as such, it certainly didn't perform as theorized.

The best plans of men and mice often go awry

How many level 50's do you think there are on a 1-week old test server that has the ever-possibility of getting character wipes? No character transfers, remember?

This was a theory-crafted patch. It was unable to be tested in a live format, and as such, it certainly didn't perform as theorized.

The best plans of men and mice often go awry

Actually, this patch went pretty much just like many players suspected.

This is ridiculous. I've been at work all day! So have thousands of other players. Why would we need a credit? Some of you are WAY over-reacting. Give them time to work out the kinks and until then, chill. ^_^

It's not about "absolute fairness" as some sort of mathematical equation. It's about customer relations. An extra 18 or so hours (or however long it ends up working out to) of game time for every single player is not a big deal to developers, but it's a huge gesture to the players. Makes us all forget that we had to wait 18 hours just for a decent response from them in the first place. ;)

-Macheath.

it's time to go back...TO THE FUTURE!

I am not even going to bother logging in tonight, because a full rollback is the only solution to this problem, and I'm not wasting my time PvP'ing fairly only to have my valor removed.

Warzone PvP is fun, though the valor grind is a royal pain in the bantha, still..up until now I've never felt the Sith players on my server had a massive advantage over the republic so much winning was unlikely. If there isn't a rollback on all valor earned today on illum (only there) I can see massive problems,which is just not acceptable.

Rollback please Bioware...make the hard call now before it gets really out of hand.

Republic players will lose some valor earned fairly, but they need to accept the fact if there isn't a rollback now, all the Sith players who farmed valor today will become so powerful, any PvP fights that take place from tomorrow onwards will have republic players at a severe disadvantage due to all the uber geared Sith massively outnumbering the uber geared rebs.

Better to take a small hit to valor now, than face weeks or months of painful defeats in warzones due to 8 man sith teams in full battlemaster gear.

ps, Bioware..a free white saber crystal to my account would ease my pain over this issue....:D

This post makes me smile, I wish I could remain as calm as you :p I will also accept this white crystal business :p