Post 1.1 Ilum PVP Issues Discussion

JovethGonzalez

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is my conclusion regarding all of the discussion I've seen here.

Turrets don't provide valor. Increased valor from killing enemies while all bases are capped is pretty hefty though.

So...

1. The people saying they got from level 0 to 60 valor in 5 minutes are lying or greatly exaggerating to stir up drama.

2. The source of relatively substantial amount of valor gained is solely from spawn camping. While probably more than was intended, it's not a 0 to 60 in 5 minutes method.

Is that about right?

Some servers early on were seeing an average of about 500-1k valor per second. Due to a large number of republic players getting slaughtered and unable to get away from anything. I suspect this number dropped once people alt-f4'd the client.

But at just 750 valor per second you could rack it up pretty quickly...but yeah this is damned awful

First thing that should be done is shut down ilum for the time being. Second is fire whatever devs came up with this idea for ilum. Everyone that read the patch notes could forsee these "potential problems" you now have. Farming turrets shouldn't even be possible in bases, these should be one shot kills. Also get rid of the constant spam telling me where people are, I simply don't care. If anything give me a running count of how many people are at location such as the list for whos on the planet that doesnt appear in chat log. Due to faction imbalance a pvp world doesnt even make sense to have right now.

this reminds me of the day NGE hit, that cant be good

Indeed the very basic fundamentals of the game have been destroyed with a single patch. Everything you did before this is meaningless now. At least in PvP.......

Everything else is fine, this is nothing like NGE. Also I didn't just order a new expansion that said NGE broke.

Seriously it's an MMO, I can't name a time someone turned out a patch that didn't do something horrific to PvP at one time or another only to fix it the next week. It happens all the time. Calm down.

Do you know anything about coding and/or databases? I doubt it judging by your response. I work with multimillion row tables everyday and its not difficult to roll it back.

Lets see.....You have last nights copy of the DB (which is always backed up before you patch) and then you have today's copy. Oh wait if i replace the data from yesterday, what would happen?

Good luck in high school.

Then did you even think of the implications of what you suggest?????

You think rolling back like you said is only going to roll back Valor, i have doubts about your profession son, replacing the data like YOU said would effect all items including social and companion obtained pria to the roll-back.

So again is it as easy as you state it is, rolling back is to last night is not an option, screwing over every other player in the game just so you can get peoples valor removed is not an option, they will have to target Valor only and hope it doesn't cause more bugs and glitches..

I'm no IT guy I'm just a tax officer but even i know by years of gaming what it entails.

Some folks acting like this is the end of the world. Bloody relax. It's one zone in one game.

+1 , yeah common this is like one zone on top of all the bugs in the other zones and not to speak of the lag in pvp zones. i can't understand why the game drops in frames in warzones from my steady 60fps (forced Vsyn on in drivers) to bloody 10-15 fps in war-zones really i can't wrap my head around that fact?! and no its not my computer.!

BUT hey i'm positive its a new game and totally understand the problems an MMO of this type can be. ehm and mostly biowares fault you guys made the game go in "over-hype" mode so what did you expect that people did not over-react wen something goes wrong with the game. anyways. Fix this and move on, may the force be with you all.

PS: to the posters here that unsub there account, sorry to see you guys leave over this, but its your own choice and i respect that! but don't think that other "new" games will not have problems. anyways goodluck with your new mmo or game what ever you play next.

Was there no test server or something before this was unleashed?

If they do a hard rollBack,..they will P*&^ off just as many, if not more, of the non-PvP'ers who are just playing the PvE stuff,..

BW,...

...I truly wish you the best of luck resolving this.

(not sarcastic!)

I am all about fixing problems and such and actually BW dropped the ball big time with this patch, obviously going live unprepared in desperation to put out a content patch before the furst sub period.

The UI changes with the abilities not greyed when on CD are awful and not called for, and not even an option to keep it as it was.

Now i have to "read" my toolbar in fast PvP action to know if an ability is ready or not, or press it several times (really hard to see if it is on or off when the CD is about to expire) and wonder why nothing is happening.

The issues on Ilum (which i don't know firsthand as i haven't been there, but enough ppl already know about them) are obviously very serious, to not say critical.

But guys, don't pour it all on the developers.

In such situations it's very very rare that it's developer's fault. Most situations like this are cased by bad organization, planning, designing, conception which goes to managers and leads, who are often not even developing the stuff, only shouting around and playing it big bosses.

Trust me, the developers are THE FIRST guys to say that something is broken and should not go live, but are the last guys that the management staff is listening too. They are usually listening to the bigger bosses, who actually care only about the shareholders.

Cut the developers some slack, and now, in this moment, they are the ones on the front-line who will work without sleep to fix a broken and badly managed system, which in most cases they knew was like that long before the game was released.

Edited by Asparhruk

i love you guys...

Originally Posted by Asaumiko

Originally Posted by Skaarrj

Originally Posted by Almghty_gir

possible solutions:

remove expertise as of right now. bring all servers down for one hour, remove it from the game until you can find a better use for it.

whilst the servers are down, rollback all valor on all servers gained after 2am (when the servers went down for maintenance).

remove valor from everything except player kills.

add a scaling valor bonus for underdog factions, it should be additive, and cap at 400% bonus for being outnumbered by 4:1 or greater, and start at 25% bonus for being outnumbered by 1.25:1, this should apply to ilum only.

on pvp servers, remove the ability to roll characters on both factions. if a player has characters on both factions already they must delete one faction before being allowed to log into the game.

add a +100% valor bonus (additive) to the underdog faction on any server.

this should give underdog players a sufficient incentive (valor wise) to stay in the fight and keep playing, with a total of 900% valor bonus if they are:

out numbered on their server

out numbered by 4:1 or greater in ilum

control all of the ilum objectives

hopefully this won't get lost in the firestorm that is this thread...

I am all about fixing problems and such and actually BW dropped the ball big time with this patch, obviously going live unprepared in desperation to put out a content patch before the furst sub period.

The UI changes with the abilities not greyed when on CD are awful and not called for, and not even an option to keep it as it was.

Now i have to "read" my toolbar in fast PvP action to know if an ability is ready or not, or press it several times (really hard to see if it is on or off when the CD is about to expire) and wonder why nothing is happening.

The issues on Ilum (which i don't know firsthand as i haven't been there, but enough ppl already know about them) are obviously very serious, to not say critical.

But guys, don't pour it all on the developers.

In such situations it's very very rare that a it's a developer's fault. Most situations like this are cased by bad organization, planning, designing, conception which goes to managers and leads, who are often not even developing the stuff, only shouting around and playing it big bosses.

Trust me, the developers are THE FIRST guys to say that something is broken and should not go live, but are the last guys that the management stuff is listening too. They are usually listening to the bigger bosses, who actually care only about the shareholders.

Cut the developers some slack, and now, in this moment, they are the ones on the front-line who will work without sleep to fix a broken and badly managed system, which in most cases they knew was like that long before the game was released.

On behalf of all us game developers out there, thank you Asparhruk lol...

Rollback valor now or a lot us that legitimately grinded battlemaster will be leaving.

It doesn't have to be NOW, geez, impatient. They said they are looking into it, and I'm sure they will probably remove valor earned today in Ilum.

I don't even know what to say about this...

PVP on ilum was broken but don't break what is already broken, fix it.

Why did wynz need a nerf?

And why didn't you remove bop so we could have something usefull to craft and sell?

Why did healer get so big buff? before 1.1 the team with most healers won wz and now with the ruined rakata healthpack that give +15% hp healers will be even more important.

Is there anyone at BW that play this game or any other game? i don't think you understand what you are doing with your random nerfs and buffs.

Does BW/EA need the servers for something else? I don't think they want us to keep playing this game.

Sub run out in 2 days so i hope you can fix this fast...

Good grief people. This is not NGE and the game is not "dead". The majority of players are barely level 30 right now, we appreciate those of you who are still working out the kinks of level 50 PvP for us, but by no means will this be even a blip on the radar for the majority of players. They can't just bring down the servers and revert the patch, because that would have a much wider impact than just on pvp.

NO LEGITIMATE WAY TO GET OUT OF ILUM BASE IF SPAWN CAMPED

Right now the only way to get out of base if spawn camped is to queue for a warzone and then becoming inactive in the warzone spawn area so that it kicks you out. When it kicks you out, you spawn at the republic fleet. This is the ONLY way to get out of Ilum atm.

I love the irony that the only way to escape BWs new borked pvp is to exploit their previously borked pvp.

So you abandon "everything you have worked on" by canceling your account... that makes sense... because of course it will never be fixed. Ever.

Im battlemaster pre patch. Sure the "patch" sucks... but uh... its only been a few hours. Im not going to cancel my account - BECAUSE of what I've worked for.

Like I said before - sure its a mistake and a big one - Im right there with everyone. But stop crying and have a little patience.

It actually makes more sense than putting in more work on the assumption that BW will wake up and fix it. I still can't abandon grey quests. Sages are still inferior to sorcerers. Patience only goes so far, to have patience you must have faith... and if you have faith after this patch then you are clearly lacking commonsense.

I canceled, as a long time gamer, and avid PvPer... I have no faith BW can and will fix this, I mean they haven't even admitted that the faction imbalance might even be an issue. I can guarantee that after they see their numbers today they will fix it, but I can also guarantee they are going to continue to perpetuate the problem by adding same faction WFs. There is no benefit to being rebel, only disadvantage...

Far less players means: Less ability to complete PvE content due to less public groups. Less gear and items on the AH, and no one uses the cross faction AH. Much harder time completing PvP end game since on most servers rebels are being spawned camped just entering illum. Mirror classes are still not mirrors and every discrepancy still favors the empire.

If you think a PvP game can last with only 1 faction, stick around. In a month the republic fleet will be empty, and imperials will be playing huttball 24/7.