Game virtually unplayable now, can't even tell when my cooldowns are on properly.

SunwindIon

Ok, let's see:

Problem: Users couldn't tell when reactive abilities (or those that consume a resource) are available during GCD because all icons are greyed out during CD's.

Implemented solution: Icons only grey out when they aren't useable (i.e. not enough resource, mob needs to be stunned first, whatever) They stay bright during CD. Resulting problem: Hard to tell when skills with long CD are off their CD as the "CD fill" is basically invisible.

Proposed *real* solution: Icons still grey out if they are on their OWN CD, not during GCD. Fixes both problems.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This bug probably didn't show up on the PTR, believe it or not some bugs crop up after they go live.

It will be hotfixed soon, relax.

Unfortunately its not a bug, it was in the patch notes as an improvement. My question, why didnt anyone on PTR bring this up? Its a REALLY annoying issue.

Ok, let's see:

Problem: Users couldn't tell when reactive abilities (or those that consume a resource) are available during GCD because all icons are greyed out during CD's.

Implemented solution: Icons only grey out when they aren't useable (i.e. not enough resource, mob needs to be stunned first, whatever) They stay bright during CD. Resulting problem: Hard to tell when skills with long CD are off their CD as the "CD fill" is basically invisible.

Proposed *real* solution: Icons still grey out if they are on their OWN CD, not during GCD. Fixes both problems.

That's not a good solution either, as I want more than an "ready" and "not ready" indicator. I want to know how close a skill is to being ready.

Unfortunately its not a bug, it was in the patch notes as an improvement. My question, why didnt anyone on PTR bring this up? Its a REALLY annoying issue.

Well in all honesty they were on the right track, but a change needs to be made for the longer cooldown skills where when its close to off cooldown (such as a 2-3 min vanish) the useable icon is practically indistinguishable from the off cooldown hotkey. Perhaps a red dot somewhere on the icon itself to display that its still on cooldown or some kind of color screen to make it a little more obvious.

Did you try the PTR? Did you report it?

No, when i got time to play, i prefer playing insted of wasting my free time testing stuff.

But yes, why dont they just stick some numbers on there, insted of that black out thing.

Edited by davidpop

I've been playing since the servers came back on line. I didn't even realize there had been a change until I read this thread. I was just playing normally without any issues.

I guess I'm just good and adjusting or something. Weird.

The system worked perfectly fine before 1.1. I'm a JK Guardian and never had a problem with Riposte or Pommel Strike. Those skills would stay lit up even if my GCD was active. Now, with longer CD skills like Warding Call or Force Stasis, I can't tell when they're active because they're lit up even though they're still on CD. While it isn't game-breaking, it certainly isn't a feature. It was working perfectly well before this patch. At most there should be an option (although I don't know why anybody would prefer this system over the last).

Um, this is Bioware's idea of a feature, not a bug. It was listed as an 'improvement' in the patch notes. This was done on purpose for some reason.

Why would they fix something that they are touting as a feature?

Its a feature not a bug! lol - I do not understand why they thought this needed "fixing" - its almost as good as their "fix" to Biochem lol - Bioware need some mmo consultants to come in and help them understand what they are doing

Sure. Now, can you explain to me how you manage to see the difference between ready and 3s before being ready for an ability with a 5mn cooldown?

You must have really good eyes if you can see the 1/100e of your ability covered by the CD...

Not to mention that as Sentinel, most of my ability icons are blue, the very same blue color used by the CD timer. It's *** mindblowing how they didn't catch it.

Check out the url in my sig and you'll find screenshot of a 1.1 patch ability on CD. Pretend all icons are that color and I can no longer tell which abilities are on CD or not.

Edited by darthtoph