The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Game virtually unplayable now, can't even tell when my cooldowns are on properly.

SunwindIon

Did you try the PTR? Did you report it?

I'd go on the PTS if they had character copy, which they should have if they're going to offer us the chance to test. Otherwise, I'm not going to spend my time leveling the same class to 50 just to test something out.

I noticed this today when I was trying to stun someone in PvP. It wouldn't go off so I thought maybe it was line of sight, thought I was hitting the wrong key bind, then I realized there was still the smallest bit of cd left. It needs to be changed back.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or it could possibly be because they can see the cooldown bar still where as you can't fur some stupid reason. My gameplay hasn't changed one bit. But then again, i don't wait for the thing to come off CD straight away, i already KNOW when it'll be off CD because i can remember how long it's CD is and don't have to have my eyes planted on the bars every godamn second. How about you learn to do that too.

Pfft calling people who have no problem with this unskilled is very ironic.

To use procs you have to be looking at your quickslots a lot or they will be wasted, and your kidding no-one with your "I have an internal countdown for all my abilities so know as soon as they are available" -

I guess this one is a no brainer. Anyone who hasn´t got a perfect 100% vision agrees that skills that are still on CD should STILL be greyed out but instead bioware "un-greyed" all of them.

I checked the min. game requirements and didn´t see I needed high-precision goggles to play this game. :W

To use procs you have to be looking at your quickslots a lot or they will be wasted, and your kidding no-one with your "I have an internal countdown for all my abilities so know as soon as they are available" -

LOL. You know there is something called Peripheral vision, you're probably not used to the term but it means the vision of things around you that you're not directly looking at. Even with that i can see my CDs and when they're available. I can see when an ability is usable, i am not suffering any penalty due to this change. And as for your comment on time keeping, i'm sorry you have such difficulty. I don't know what to tell you, but i am having no troubles at all, guess it just comes naturally.

Also, "you're".

Edited by Trigg

LOL. You know there is something called Peripheral vision, you're probably not used to the term but it means the vision of things around you that you're not directly looking at. Even with that i can see my CDs and when they're available. I can see when an ability is usable, i am not suffering any penalty due to this change. And as for your comment on time keeping, i'm sorry you have such difficulty. I don't know what to tell you, but i am having no troubles at all, guess it just comes naturally.

YOU ARE SO MOTHER *********** PRO!!!

anyways, grey out background make it easier, you might not NEED it cause you the man but I found the other way much easier to recognise at a glance.

Also, "you're".

It's almost like people have different preferences for how their information is displayed. Huh!

"you want this feature lol ur bad at vidya games" is pretty much admitting you're terribly clueless. Now respond with a condescending remark.

This whole issue and design decision is really awkward. I only post in forums when there are gamebreaking issues for me. This one, considered minor by some ignorants, is making the game absolutely unplayable for me and there is no exaggeration in the thread title.

I have no complaints with regard to endgame content which takes time to enrich, levelling content which is great, crafting system, other bugs, you name it. I love the game, the setting and until yesterday saw myself playing it for years.

But this... This makes me want to leave the game straight away p*ssed off at anyone who approved of such a change. This makes me feel stupid cause I'm considering putting away a great, wonderful game because of a single, untested UI dev decision. This thread proves I am not alone.

It's like your target nearest enemy was taken away from you because 1 person in a million didn't like to use the Tab key.

If you want to mess with the UI make such controversial (to say the least) changes optional.

Edited by vandana_

YOU ARE SO MOTHER *********** PRO!!!

anyways, grey out background make it easier, you might not NEED it cause you the man but I found the other way much easier to recognise at a glance.

I agree it is some what different after playing with greyed out abilities till they're usable, but after playing wow so much with only the spiral graphic on it, i just don't have any problem. To tell the truth i didn't even notice this change till about an hour into playing last night. Shows how much i actually pay attention to my bars.

(but no, i'm not some guy who doesn't use abilities properly and takes forever to kill things, or the generalisation of being a "noob". I can quite easily take on 2 elites plus a couple of regulars on my own. Granted my companion usually dies midway through the 2nd elite due to being OOF but i'll still kill it through kiting.)

Then again, i regularly forget my force barrier, but thats down to me not being used to be a caster healer (i played a warrior throughout the whole of my 6 years on WoW).

Edited by Trigg

I agree it is some what different after playing with greyed out abilities till they're usable, but after playing wow so much with only the spiral graphic on it, i just don't have any problem. To tell the truth i didn't even notice this change till about an hour into playing last night. Shows how much i actually pay attention to my bars.

(but no, i'm not some guy who doesn't use abilities properly and takes forever to kill things, or the generalisation of being a "noob". I can quite easily take on 2 elites plus a couple of regulars on my own. Granted my companion usually dies midway through the 2nd elite due to being OOF but i'll still kill it through kiting.)

I never played wow. And are you so full of yourself you didn't even get me making fun of you sarcasticly or do you just have to talk about yourself like you are a golden MMO god?

I PAY TO PLAY. Not PAY to TEST?

my god. You complain that this wasn't tested on the PTR, yet you refuse to be a part of the solution yourself? Such a hypocrit. Who do you think the PTR is for? Your logic is astounding.

The icon should still be grayed out. The problem is that some abilities have lengthy cooldowns and the vertical gradient will be so close to the bottom that the ability will appear to be ready for use when it actually has a few seconds left on the cooldown. This can cause lapses in judgment in terms of using abilities effectively, and can frustrate some players that are wondering why their abilities are not casting when they needed it most.

I'm not saying it happens to everybody (obviously the people that are countering this argument), but you have to understand that it can happen, and as you can tell from the length of this topic, you can see it happens to quite a bit of people.

Yea, can't but to agree on this. I'm not easily offended or post hate posts of any kind... still won't.

But the sheer unprofessionallity as a design decision this change expresses, just pisses me off. Not to point my finger at anyone, but the anger experiencing this in game from my pov, is proof enough of something broken.

Just give us an actual countdown (with numbers).

I too find it hard to tell which abilities are on CD and which are not.

I dont like the numbers idea either. still have to actualy look an read something, instead of a darm/light icon out of the corner of your eye..

I'm not saying it happens to everybody (obviously the people that are countering this argument), but you have to understand that it can happen, and as you can tell from the length of this topic, you can see it happens to quite a bit of people.
That's a great answer to all those who lecture others to 'adjust'.

I still have hard time analyzing how on earth a UI designer would not see this problem.

Awful decision.

Game breaking for PvP.

Not being able to as quickly as possible judge when an ability is ready or not IS game breaking for PvP especially, where you have to be able to just glance with your peripheral and make a decision, not READ for seconds into the UI.

Revert back or put an option.

What´s in question here was they fixed it in a way that gives the impression of "I don´t give a damn" . I can´t remember an mmo that hasn´t greyed out backgrounds for abilities that are on CD simply because most people just tend to give a quick look at CD´s and its easy to spot.

I don´t have much trouble either fiding which ones are on CD as well when they´re 1m50 out of 2 mins but I still think it´s awkward.

But when they´re 5 secs out of 2 mins it´s very hard to spot it.

I can´t seem to undesrtand why some people can´t understand this. Most of all because it was fine for CD´s before 1.1. If there´s no real and quick soltuion then give us back the CD system pre-1.1 cause I still think it´s infinitely better the way it was before.

Or we can all just become pros and Bioware can remove all animations from buttons so you have to guess or mouse over to check what´s on CD and what´s not.

snip...

Revert back or put an option.

basically this. For all the reasons already explained.

But with all seriousness though.. do you think it will? I do certainly hope so. Im afraid the old system might be lost and there was nobody even calling for a change.