I laugh at any Sorc/sage i PVP against

Michaelphoenix

I play a shield specced vanguard. Nearly every fight against a sorc goes something like this.

1. I harpoon them to me

2. I attack for a sec and they bounce me back

3. They CC me

4. They use some channeled lightning attk

5. I use my CC break

6. I storm up to them interupting them

7. They channel again

8. i use my normal interupt

9. they try casting again

10. i cryo grenade them

11. they stand there dumbfounded as to why they didnt just face roll me

12. they die

all im saying is that they are not as OP as people like to think...they are beatable if you learn to INTERUPT

Edited by Michaelphoenix

I play a shield specced vanguard. Nearly every fight against a sorc goes something like this.

1. I harpoon them to me

3. They CC me

5. I use my CC break

7. They channel again

10. i cryo grenade them

12. they die

I concur. Except I usually save my harpoon as an additional interrupt, and I try to anticipate the force push with "Hold the Line". Of course, mileage will vary.

I'll also assume I have yet bumped into a very good Sorc. Most Sorcs I bumped into seems to play as though they are in a Warzone where they have a team to fall back on, and/or don't get interrupted a lot.

1. You harpoon me

2. I CC you

3. I instant force lift you after you use your CC breaker

4. I let you sit there for about 6 seconds then I do some damage to you, breaking the force lift, thereby stunning you for 2 seconds

5. I use Force in Balance (you now take 20% more damage from my mind crush)

6. I use telekinetic throw and presence of mind is granted to me

7. I pop 15% expertise, and the highest power relic I have, pop force potency, instant cast mind crush you for a 2 k crit + 400damage per second for 8 seconds.

8. More telekinetic throw and double project, presence of mind re-granted

9. I instantly use telekinetic wave and hit you for 2k damage, you're dead.

I did it in 3 less steps than you and in under 20 seconds. Btw I've got force armor up so the first 3 seconds of your attack I absorb.

Edited by MonsAlpha

What CC are we talking about? CC isn't only a stun you know, it could have been a root or snare, hardly anything to use the break for.

That's besides the point. Your quoted lines implied he used CC's without a reason, yet you clearly missed #3 or you would've quoted that too, or worded your reply differently.

And rather to clarify what form of CC, you just made an assumption to pad your argument. So if anything, your post appeared more trollish than the OP's.

That's besides the point. Your quoted lines implied he used CC's without a reason, yet you clearly missed #3 or you would've quoted that too, or worded your reply differently.

And rather to clarify what form of CC, you just made an assumption to pad your argument. So if anything, your post appeared more trollish than the OP's.

However you want it to be my lord.

all im saying is that they are not as OP as people like to think...they are beatable if you learn to INTERUPT

People think any class that they can't reliably beat, or are always beaten by, are OP. Not sure there's any way around that.

EDIT: Oh, and somehow topping the scoreboards also mean a class is OP.

Edited by Lazorous

1. I harpoon them to me

3. They CC me

5. I use my CC break

7. They channel again

10. i cryo grenade them

12. they die

And what do you do if your a class without 2 gap closers.... oh yea... right.

Edit: Actually your first 5 points might be right. But any good still has a stun, cyclone, knockback, and still tear your face apart. I wish I played the people you play.

Edited by zizzefex

1. I harpoon them to me

3. They CC me

5. I use my CC break

7. They channel again

10. i cryo grenade them

12. they die

What skill is your interupt besides the normal interupt ?

Btw..I would not use harpoon as the first attack, thats your joker and your gap closer.

Edited by BobaFurz

And what do you do if your a class without 2 gap closers.... oh yea... right.

Edit: Actually your first 5 points might be right. But any good still has a stun, cyclone, knockback, and still tear your face apart. I wish I played the people you play.

FYI, we have an ability that renders knockback useless. Also, several other defensive abilities makes a difference. It's not always black and white and results will vary.

What skill is your interupt besides the normal interupt ?

Btw..I would not use harpoon as the first attack, thats your joker and your gap closer.

Torhead's not working for some reason when trying to link to the ability. But it's an Ability Called "Storm" for Vanguards. Kind of like a "Charge" that will interrupt and immobilize for a few seconds.

Heres how my fights go against them as a maruader

i force jump in

i get cc'ed i break that i hit them a lot they use one of their bojillion abilities to slow me down and hurt me, and push me back still i continue then they are almost dead and then VROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM away they go (sometimes i can force leap them and get em.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.