What to do about those who steal your objective?

Bobbyrab

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

D) Follow him/her around and give them a taste of their own medicine.

This really aggravates me. Whether done through ignorance (which I highly doubt), or willfully (more than likely the case), for me this solution will either help them understand the mistake, or in the latter case, aggravate THEM enough to make it worth my time.

My objectives are ninja'd daily. How I react depends what kind of mood I'm in. Sometimes I don't care at all, while other times I swear at my monitor. I've learned long before SWTOR not to whisper the offender because that only gives them extra satisfaction. By the way, what genius thought it would be a good idea to not allow you to activate a quest objective when you're in combat? Do they WANT the ninjas to prevail?

Also, some people are greatly underestimating how long some quest objectives take to respawn. Some are about 10 seconds... some are about a minute... some are a couple of minutes... some quest NPCs seem like 5 minutes or more.

I've had a guy camp outside of my group's [Heroic 4] quest, and after, like, 3 waves of elites, the last boss came out, and the outsider tagged it. He did this twice, for fun. My group sucked anyways, so I just left and did it later with another group.

Edited by HarlequinForest

You see the flashing blue control panel ahead, surrounded by several mobs. The cool down of the objective isn’t too bad, but it’s sure not instantaneous, either. You set up your attack plan and execute…and while fighting, some joker comes along and ninja’s the objective. You:

A) Don’t care; just wait or kill a few more mobs hanging around while waiting for the objective to appear again

B) Whisper something harsh to the offender

C) Invite the offender into a group so if there are more than one objective to collect you can get credit together and hopefully make a new friend

D) Something else

This happened to me recently…just wondered about other opinions…if your answer is D, feel free to elaborate!

D, Steal their objectives. That is the way I do it.

My objectives are ninja'd daily. How I react depends what kind of mood I'm in. Sometimes I don't care at all, while other times I swear at my monitor. I've learned long before SWTOR not to whisper the offender because that only gives them extra satisfaction. By the way, what genius thought it would be a good idea to not allow you to activate a quest objective when you're in combat? Do they WANT the ninjas to prevail?

Also, some people are greatly underestimating how long some quest objectives take to respawn. Some are about 10 seconds... some are about a minute... some are a couple of minutes... some quest NPCs seem like 5 minutes or more.

Not only that (good points), but say you do just say forget it and wait for it to spawn again. Guess what, thief number 2 just arrived and is about to do it to you again. It can get so frustrating, especially when they are doing it for kicks.

I thought encounters lock onto you while engaged, if you engaged first then there would be no issue, but if he engaged first then nothing was ninja'd and there is no problem other then your inability to pull faster then the other guy.

I troll. They screw me, I screw them 10 times harder.

I mean, sometimes it's an accident, and I let it go. But sometimes it's just blatant, and that annoys me to no end.

The other day, I went into a Heroic area and saw two people fighting a mob next to an objective. I ignored it and moved to find my own. Found one, started attacking the mobs around it, and those same players came and ninja'd me.

So I did what any logical person would do... I used my old WoW trolling techniques to ninja every single quest objective they had any intention of capping, thus finishing the quest far faster despite them getting there first. The rage it induced and the tears that were shed sustained me.

Edited by CapitaFK

E.

Yes option E.

It has happened to me a lot, mostly in a cave or a room that needs to be cleared.

It is a good moment, for me to get a fast drink/toilet order something do x, by letting them clear all the trash till the objective and then paying them back in the same way.

No, you can't tell me I am harsh or disrespectful. If someone does this he knows what is he doing wrong. I mostly wait for them to get theirs or help them kill their mobs.

I have a word saying: If you're an ******* with me, I am an ******* with you

I vanish and reset the mobs so they attack them.

I did this to a guy approaching a Large Chest I was clearing. He died and sent me a few colourful /tells but I got the chest.

Now that's funny, I don't care who you are.

I go with this approach too, unless I am on my trooper... then A.