Poor Republic Players Have to Stare at this in their own fleet!

Zimms

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep in mind the 'Republic' fleet is identical in design to the Imperial one. The Emperor probably lured the greatest of the Republic's heroes into a fleet ship he controls. It would serve no purpose to simply kill the Republic yet, when you can gather so much information, cause so many lag spikes for luls and at the right time, completely confuse the Republic fleet just before a major assault.

The fleet is 'docked' near enough to coruscant that the whole thing could have been built during its' sacking by the Empire. The Sith are masters of deception. The reflection of light however, has betrayed the ruse to cunning Republic heroes, but is it too late?

i dunno but i do wana find out!!

Ah, that might explain why the fleets are so chunky laggy sucky.

Both sides use the same instance, by any chance, and the grafics are superimposed?

Sounds to me like one of those ideas. You know, fantastic while you're drunk.

It's more likely that the devs made the Imperial fleet area first, then simply copy-pasted and re-textured it for the Republic, forgetting some of the subtler textures like the ones used to generate reflections.

I thought it was bad enough that when I use the fleet emergency pass for republic it put me in the shuttle bay and I have to run to the lift and click the switch just to get into the fleet propper, while the empire pass puts you at the fast travel console inside the fleet main area, but now it turns out that when I go to the fleet in the republic it's really not, lol.

Good for a giggle though.

Guess that's why they still haven't done anything to make the republic any more interesting so that more players want to play that faction, they just don't care about the republic.

It's not at all because the game is only a month and a half old...it MUST be because that they just don't care.

QQ moar plz?

It isn't some advanced reflection system, but that is here nor there. Does it screw with your suspension of disbelief to stare at the top of a droid's head and notice the inconsistency with the reflection? Sure. But why are you staring at the droid's head to begin with unless you are hunting for issues.

Was wondering what the fanboi defense of this would be - of course, it's "if you don't like it, don't look at it"! (as well as someone's defense of the terribad UI - "UI is fine qq more"!

Ah, fanbois. I would retain you as my legal counsel never.

Why doesn't this surprise me? Seriously, I'm not surprised at all.

:w_confused: :w_confused: :w_confused: :w_confused: :w_confused: :w_confused: :w_confused:

Sorry guys, we skimped on yet another little detail (which hinders with the feel of the game) to outsource a very fine voice actress....

....Say, they should :csw_yoda:

Edited by Varnosh

Was wondering what the fanboi defense of this would be - of course, it's "if you don't like it, don't look at it"! (as well as someone's defense of the terribad UI - "UI is fine qq more"!

Ah, fanbois. I would retain you as my legal counsel never.

My favourite fanboi response was that it wasn't cutting corners, it was optimization! And that ofcourse you'll hardly ever notice it... especially now that it's been pointed out to you and will forever be in the back of your mind.