Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

I'm afraid to continue my Republic character

Auxili

I find it amusing that "hardcore pvp'rs" would ever roll the overpopulated side on release.

I always roll the underdogs to try to help balance the server but I guess most player's don't care about balance and would rather roll through pvp ranks uncontested.

IMO I love that all empire get is hutball. You deserve worse in my opinion.

And I agree with the OP.

We just get rolled by battlemaster premades unless they happen to get some complete window lickers on their team.

I stopped solo queing altogether. The only way I can get my dailies done is if i have my premade on. Otherwise I'll sit on the daily pvp quest for day's.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They had the same issue in WoW and... The game is fine. Funny how that works.

Blizzard stepped up and made the underpopulated faction a more attractive choice (though they overdid it and had to do it again in the following g expansion)

Edited by Auxili

So they gave the underpopulated faction... Handouts?

Huh.

Kind of strange how I'm pretty sure you only want things to be easier for yourself.

Who said anything about handouts? Blizz created tbe blood elves, and then the worgens to get more players back on alliance. They also balanced the facials so alliance was on par with horde.

Bioware doesnt seem willing to balance republic animations and such, as they haven't acknowledged the problem. And they're catering to the zerg, making things even easier for them.

And right now empire will be getting handouts in ilum. The zerg requires less effort to get more reward, a better economy, and more pve progression.

Edited by Auxili

Who said anything about handouts? Blizz created tbe blood elves, and then the worgens to get more players back on alliance.

And right now empire will be getting handouts in ilum. The zerg requires less effort to get more reward, a better economy, and more pve progression.

Faction imbalance isn't the players fault. Don't like the way things are going? Change it. Get a coordinated group together.

Edited by Meluna
rude

So they gave the underpopulated faction... Handouts?

Huh.

Kind of strange how I'm pretty sure you only want things to be easier for yourself.

Dark Age of Camelot had the population imbalance problem. They ended up giving major bonuses to realms (factions) that were underpopulated. It was stuff like more XP, more gold per drop, and more RP points (I guess that'd be warzone commendations.)

It was actually quite nice.

Dark Age of Camelot had the population imbalance problem. They ended up giving major bonuses to realms (factions) that were underpopulated. It was stuff like more XP, more gold per drop, and more RP points (I guess that'd be warzone commendations.)

It was actually quite nice.

Agreed, that game knew what it was doing

There is nothing wrong with the republic side.

Pending on the server you play on there most certainly is.

Anyone new on my server I would tell them to either roll empire or find a different server if they asked. Why put them through the hassle of trying to find groups? There simply aren't enough players running around republic side on my server.

Pending on the server you play on there most certainly is.

Anyone new on my server I would tell them to either roll empire or find a different server if they asked. Why put them through the hassle of trying to find groups? There simply aren't enough players running around republic side on my server.

Which server is that?

Which server is that?

Empress Teta

From Nar Shaddaa on it gets really difficult to find groups for 4 mans and the planets get extremely low in population. Heck, even the Republic Fleet as of late has been sparse. Can't say for sure but feels to me like it is on decline on my server. Whether that is really the case or not I cannot say for sure. Sure seems that way though.

Granted this is on the Republic side. For all I know it could be brimming with Empire players.

I just get the sense regardless the server choice that for whatever reason the amount of Republic players in the game compared to Empire is very skewed on a lot of servers. Obviously on a PvP server this is a bigger deal but for those of us that enjoy PvP from time to time on the other server types or for grouping purposes in general it is still problematic.

Edited by GarbonzotheDude

Speaking for the middle levels (20s and 30s) on my RP-PVP server, there are Imperials around, but they don't seem to group up any more than we do, so when I do meet them, they are usually alone and around my level. This has meant that most of the fights have been relatively fair ones -- surprise has been the biggest determination of victory. Gotta love stealth, until you run into an enemy that has it :-)

I have almost never seen someone more than 2-3 levels above or below me in general levelling areas (which is exactly what I am looking for as a primarily PVE player). EDIT: particularly Tatooine, Alderaan and the bonus area of Nar Shaddaa.

If you want to go looking for them, they aren't hard to find if you head towards Imperial territory.

I don't like Huttball very much, so it is just as well that I have only seen it a couple of times. I don't do the PVP warzones a lot, but I seem to get the Alderaan turret scenario at least half of the time (which I think is the most fun one).

I suspect that instancing works in our favour, where we will usually get an instance with some republic players and some imperial players (relatively balanced), while they will get some instances with republic players and some without.

EDIT: Do imperials need to queue for awhile to get into PVP? I don't think I have ever waited more than 2 minutes. In fact, my computer is slow enough that I quite miss joining the next game because it takes too long to reload my return zone.

Edited by sjmc

We on the Republic side only want bad asses that solo a 100 man zerg Bare chested with a broken lightsaber whilst capping all the objectives at once and at the same time fighting a raid boss...

Crybabys like you should just reroll Empire and be done with it...

This!

imperial queues are near instant, its just that its huttball most of the time.

They'll be giving them more same-faction warzones, so they'll be able to pvp without republic.

Which is a lame way to handle it. Same-faction PVP just isn't the same. Might as well go duel or something.

People don't roll republic because honestly the republic story just sucks compared to empire story. It's just too cut and dry and really not interesting at all in the slightest.

I've tried to play a Jedi Sentinel and honestly the story just doesn't interest me at all, not to mention it feels like it was designed for the Guardian and they just forgot sentinels exist.

Smuggler seemed kinda meh, omg my ships gone. Beyond that it really seems lame.

Trooper was kinda meh as well to me. Of course IA seemed kinda meh to me. But they don't hold a candle to the Bounty Hunter story line. BH made you want to know what happens next.

Every person I know thats a hardcore PvPer already quite the game, and they don't ever plan to come back.

I'll come back when they make the UI more customized, camera work, GTN less menu based, LFG better, combat more fluid, and classes somewhat more balanced, and companions either become useful or make it so I don't need them.

Does Bioware not see this as a problem? Bioware is making an overt decision to encourage the zerg side grows even larger than the underdog side. How are we republic players not supposed to feel threatened by this design direction?

in the end we win the war?

There will Always be people who Want to be the underdog! Actually, most of the hardcore PvP:ers prefer it this way!

Nothing feels better than to beat a bunch of nubs from the "masses of awesomeness" and not having to wait forever in between WZ's to do it! :p

First off I didn't roll Empire because I'm a "baddie" or a "coward." I rolled it because I wanted to be a bad *** Sith Juggernaut screaming peoples faces in, and I did, and it is glorious.

For those that think Empire is full of bads I will say yeah we have more bad players, BECAUSE WE HAVE MORE PLAYERS PERIOD. Population increases so does the % of bad players. I have a sage on the same server as my Jugg and there are just as many bad Republics as there are Empire.

What can BW do? Free faction transfer(one time only) and MAYBE increased exp/valor gain on the underdog side.

You cannot expect BW to fix a problem that is basically people just playing what they want because they PAID MONEY TO DO IT. Unless you want to fund everyone's monthly fee they are going to play what appeals to them. Sorry if the Empire side looks a lot cooler and has the better stories etc. Blame BW Dev team for making Republic side so lackluster.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.