Do not roll "Need" for companion gear.

face_hindu

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is entirely incorrect. If I help in a 4 man group and we win, we each have an option when rolling. How I roll is none of your business. What I do with an item I win, is none of your business.

If I were to roll need and then sell to the nearest vendor, it is none of your business. I helped you therefore I am entitled to do what I please at roll time and with whatever I may win.

Yes, you can. But don't pretend you are being anything other than selfish. When you are in the group, the chance for anyone else to get gear is severely reduced.

Just wait until gear starts dropping that people actually care about. You won't make it past the 1st boss, wait and see.

Honestly, you have a very noob attitude. You won't get anywhere in an mmo constantly screwing people over.

Edited by Gohlar

To you and every other person in this thread who actually defends rolling Need on whatever you feel like:

This is not the thread you are looking for.

Again, MAKE YOUR OWN THREAD TELLING NEW PLAYERS TO ROLL NEED ON WHATEVER THEY FEEL LIKE.

I don't give a womprat's butt about your opinion, rfatcheric, and you don't care about mine, so there's nothing more for you to say here.

Don't look down

Except that as much or more can be achieved by decrying your thread as by making one's own thread; yours is attempting to change the status quot.

Yes, you can. But don't pretend you are being anything other than selfish. When you are in the group, the chance for anyone else to get gear is severely reduced.

Just wait until gear starts dropping that people actually care about. You won't make it past the 1st boss, wait and see.

By the time you are rolling on gear that matters, you don't need a companion anymore.

You have no right, what-so-ever to query what he rolls on or for what, or what he does with the drops he wins.

Glad when i make my groups i set a loot rule too keep out selfish people like you. Every person i have come across on my server agrees player > companion.

To you and every other person in this thread who actually defends rolling Need on whatever you feel like:

This is not the thread you are looking for.

Again, MAKE YOUR OWN THREAD TELLING NEW PLAYERS TO ROLL NEED ON WHATEVER THEY FEEL LIKE.

I don't give a womprat's butt about your opinion, rfatcheric, and you don't care about mine, so there's nothing more for you to say here.

Don't look down

Silly sausage lol. You know this is forum where people discuss things? Sometimes people have differing opinions. Don't post and then expect everyone to agree.

Again, here you go again, attempting to dictate to others what they should do. You really need to learn you have no right to do this.

Remember, you started this thread, and one assumes by starting it you were asking for replies. You got them, but now that they don't follow your self-imposed standards you try to dictate that they move away to some other thread.

No it doesn't, how YOU roll affects it. If you roll well, you win gear, if you roll poorly, you lose out to gear.

No. If you roll on gear I need, without telling me first that you are going to roll on it. I won't be doing the instance with you. I'll stop. You won't get 2 - 3 more chances on loot that your class (or for that matter your companion) can use.

So, it's my business who I play the game with; just the same as it's your business. Groups ask why you rolled on something you personally can't use. Why? Because it's damn hard to put together a group sometimes. Why? Because if I don't benefit from a run in an effective way, I'm not going to do it. That's one less tank in the pool, one less healer.

XP? Space dailies. Money? See left.

Why am I in the instance? To collect awesome lootz for my character. To help other people collect lootz for their CHARACTER. If your companion gets geared as a side-effect, or because I already have the piece. Fine. Just please, do us all a favor and stick to your guns. Make sure you let your party know of your standpoint on 'need-rolling' for companions.

By the time you are rolling on gear that matters, you don't need a companion anymore.

Just hope nobody remembers you. I would never let you into one of my groups if I saw you ninja. :)

If you want to be selfish that's your choice, but don't pretend you aren't being selfish please.

Except that as much or more can be achieved by decrying your thread as by making one's own thread; yours is attempting to change the status quot.

No, I'm reinforcing the status quo. People like you are the minority, and Needing on whatever you darn well feel like is NOT the status quo.

Don't look down

No, I'm reinforcing the status quo. People like you are the minority, and Needing on whatever you darn well feel like is NOT the status quo.

Don't look down

Exactly, I'm not sure if these people are new or if they are really that selfish but it's not a good way to play.

Just hope nobody remembers you. I would never let you into one of my groups if I saw you ninja. :)

If you want to be selfish that's your choice, but don't pretend you aren't being selfish please.

Subjective opinion.

Don't look down

Subjective opinion, and assumption.

Simple maths dictates that if each member rolls need they each have an equal change to win or lose.

Just wait until gear starts dropping that people actually care about.

Irrelevant to the topic.

You won't make it past the 1st boss, wait and see.

This is nothing more than your opinion.

Honestly, you have a very noob attitude. You won't get anywhere in an mmo constantly screwing people over.

Again more opinions. No facts.

Simple maths dictates that if each member rolls need they each have an equal change to win or lose.

Irrelevant to the topic.

This is nothing more than your opinion.

Again more opinions. No facts.

My opinion? Lol are you in for a rude awakening!

Is this your 1st mmo? Sheesh!

Again, tell people what you intend to do BEFORE you start and watch what happens. We both know you won't do that though because we both know it's a jerk thing to do.

Edited by Gohlar

Can we get someone to publish the rules everyone must follow in addition to the system already put in place? would probably make for a GREAT sticky...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Golden_Rule

"What you do not want to happen to you, do not do it yourself either. " – Sextus the Pythagorean.[21] The oldest extant reference to Sextus is by Origin in the third century of the common era.[22]

Edited by BourbonDingo

Since then, I've been taking proactive measures (i.e. laying down ground rules before the run).

Why don't you form the groups and then use master looter controls? Takes the entire discussion out of the equation and saves us all bandwidth from having another thread on this topic.

Glad when i make my groups i set a loot rule too keep out selfish people like you.

And here-in lies the other evil. By attempting to sway your chances of getting more loot by trying to convince me that I should not do as I choose, it is you who is being selfish. The irony of that!

Every person i have come across on my server agrees player > companion.

That does not make it mandatory.

Tell every group you will roll need before you start and watch what happens.

It's not subjective. Everyone rolling need on everything is dumb.

It isn't everyone rolling need on everything. It is anyone rolling need on anything they actually need. Why would I tell anyone before we start what is the standard that is allowed by the game? Should I tell them "hey, I am going to be hitting buttons and doing damage, ok?"

If you want to set a loot standard before starting a flashpoint, go right ahead, and I salute you.

If anyone had read (or understood) the first post I made in this thread, it was fairly simply to imply that I actually don't roll over people's characters the vast majority of the time:

It's not hard to watch if the person after said gear rolls need or not, and roll need or not in suit.

However, everyone is so gung ho and righteous about their subjective moral stance on looting, that nobody actually reads.

However, I don't think it is your place to say what other people should or shouldn't do unless it is supported by the game engine. Your opinion, and it is JUST and ONLY that, is not enforced.

Edited by Delekii