Do not roll "Need" for companion gear.

face_hindu

Yes, you did earn the right to roll on loot - However, it's better that a player get the eq than a NPC. Sorry, but unless the NPC is in the instance, it's not really fair to give it priority. I don't think anyone is complaining about 'offspec' type rolling here. Which yes, within an AC there is a point to 'off spec' rolling for DPS/other incase someone respecs.

I can - technically - roll over 2-3 different classes on all my other characters. I don't think it's right that I - or someone else, rolls over you for your gear for something that may get pulled out only occasionally if I'm in a hard mode.

Now... if this:

Is a correct quote (not sure where they pulled it from), that means bioware agrees with that concept, AND, it means we definitely should be given a [companion] need button. Because we DID work with the group to get the gear - we should at least get that if they grey those buttons based on class. Understand, I fully agree with gearing companions - it's why I want that extra button, however, I don't agree with gearing it over a player.

If a healer/other has another spec - feel free to roll for that spec/solo all you want, but please don't need for an NPC over a player.

That all said, if you make a group with understanding that NPC need is same as player need - more power to you, I'll still join the group, and I'll go for my companions as well.

I just think it is fair to give players a slight up over the pets when it comes to hard modes.

One, YOU (And others of course) FEEL players should get it over a companion. It's not a set in stone fact. Second, Companions wouldn't get a priority, it's called an equal shot. Just because you don't consider a companion an integral part of the character, doesn't mean everyone must abide by that.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, you did earn the right to roll on loot - However, it's better that a player get the eq than a NPC. Sorry, but unless the NPC is in the instance, it's not really fair to give it priority.

A lot of people are arguing that a companion is a part of their skill set and therefore a part of them so they should roll for gear for that skill set. This is a very neat way of twisting logical reasoning to make it only sound logical. A skill set that is not used more than the other players in the instance. To be honest, I do not see it as a part of the player skill set...if that were the case OPS could not be done without companions :D

A lot of people are arguing that a companion is a part of their skill set and therefore a part of them so they should roll for gear for that skill set. This is a very neat way of twisting logical reasoning to make it only sound logical. A skill set that is not used more than the other players in the instance. To be honest, I do not see it as a part of the player skill set...if that were the case OPS could not be done without companions :D

I use my companion 100% of the time when not in a full group which accounts for, maybe, 5% of the time meaning companions are grouped with far more often than other players are.