Nerfing Biochem and the cost to the playerbase.

Scan

I though the hardcore raider understand the risk and won't complain about it since they made the choice. Bioware isnt' the only compnay make crew/trade skill overpower than try to balance later on just like Blacksmith and Jewlercraft were must have skill for hardcore raider.

The only reason I can see why people are not happy because them power level the profession and had to purchase mats from credit farmer through GTN instead farm the mats by themselves.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with him, you bailed ship on slicing the minute it was nerfed and picked up biochem. if you didn't slice before then no big deal, but this is what alot of the slicers did and they are nerfing it for the same reason they nerfed slicing

I'm pretty sure if there was a search feature enabled on these forums we'd see some posts of yours in slicing threads.

So, basically what you're saying is that they'll systematically nerf every skill until they're ALL as useless as each other. Excellent game design there.

Most of our members understood that Biochem was a raiders must need crafting skill.

Nearly every raider I know swapped their crew skills on their raiding main to Biochem.

Now they are nerfing Biochem and the billions of credits spent and made are floating around in the system, this spells economic disaster to me.

The problem is not that Biochem was overpowered it was that the other skills needed better reasons to have them.

You are going to piss alot of people off with this decision, you have no idea how many people have dropped 400 maxed out skills to take biochem on their mains.

Some of the decisions BW are making are total cluster****'s

Talk to the endgame hardcore raiders they seem to have a much better grasp of how to deal with these issues, letting everyone know that the other crew skills would be buffed in 1.1 is infinately better than nerfing a skill most of the raiding playerbase has taken up after dropping other maxed out skills.

Haha are you serious

What are you, in seventh grade or something? Biochem is still the best profession in the game by far, even after the nerfs. I don't know what about the situation "spells disaster" lmao

armchair economics ahahahaha

Except I don't blame him because Slicing is now virtually useless you know that right :)? No you wouldn't because you don't keep up to date on inner game workings, the fact that Slicing nodes have probably been removed from all planets besides the pit of death at the bottom of the Imperial/Republic Fleet has made this skill useless. No, don't go on about Augments because crafted gear is no where near good enough state wise to current Tier/Champ/Battlemaster gear.

If you don't know how to still make money with Slicing, it is proof it needed to be nerfed. Most people I know that kept it still have the credits rolling in.

People adapted their play style to adapt to that nerf, same will be done with BioChem. Even after the changes next week, it will still be insanely useful.

It has nothing to do with "Need" or "L2P" In fact the people that switched to biochem/cybertech DO know how to play. They are min/maxers and choosing these crew skills make the run go smoother/faster.

And as min/maxers it probably means they have experience in other mmo's. So they should also have experience with one overpowered[1] crafting skill being nerfed to bring it inline with all the other crafting skills, and should have been expecting it to happen based on that experience.

1: I'm using overpowered in the relative sense, as compared to the other skills. It's up to bioware to determine if it's overpowered in the absolute sense ( too good for the content it's designed to be used for ). Obviously they detemined it was, and therefore nerfed it rather than buffing the others.

I can just picture it now...They will buff some other crew skill...Then people like the OP will insist that it's a "must have for raiders" so he will drop his current profession and level up the new one. THEN they will nerf it a touch and he will be back here crying that he "needs to change crew skills again".

I never thought a vicious cycle of FOTM followers would ever happen with a crafting profession lmao.

What the hell are you talking about?

I have not exploited anything and may report you for implying i have..

However why does someone that can obviously see a skill is beneficial to raiding and pvp DESERVE to lose money and time for dropping skills and taking it?

Your logic is not logical.

Because if you chase FOTM professions be they class based or crafting based, you will lose money and time eventually...FOTM is FOTM afterall?

That and as another poster said there shoud be no ONE skill which is the only choice for raiding...

I think its probably preferable to balance biochem and fix the current exploit as well, rather than buffing every other crafting skill...thats how nerf wars tend to start and its early days yet :)

Driz

Edited by ImperialSun

So they are basically destroying all craft in the game if it works? because the others just are plain horrible?

I'm shocked.

So they are basically fixing the bugs / exploits in a couple of crafting professions because they were broken?

Shocking indeed...

Driz

So they are basically destroying all craft in the game if it works? because the others just are plain horrible?

I'm shocked.

Load of crap....it's not that it works, it works too well. People here are just crying because they can't continue their easy mode raiding....boohoo, it's not going to be as easy anymore. So what, toughen up a bit and play on.

So they are basically fixing the bugs / exploits in a couple of crafting professions because they were broken?

Shocking indeed...

Driz

People really need to learn the definition of exploit. People using biochem was not Exploiting... Exploiting deals with taking advantage of a bug. They was not doing that, they was taking advantage of a game mechanic that was working as intended at the time. After re-evalutating the situation they decided Biochem was too strong and chose to nerf it. I suppose the 30000000 SI's are exploiting too?

Load of crap....it's not that it works, it works too well. People here are just crying because they can't continue their easy mode raiding....boohoo, it's not going to be as easy anymore. So what, toughen up a bit and play on.

This ^^

Thinly veiled QQs from raiders crying their ezmode exploits are being fixed...

And I thought they were all so hardcore...

Driz

Most of our members understood that Biochem was a raiders must need crafting skill.

Nearly every raider I know swapped their crew skills on their raiding main to Biochem.

Now they are nerfing Biochem and the billions of credits spent and made are floating around in the system, this spells economic disaster to me.

The problem is not that Biochem was overpowered it was that the other skills needed better reasons to have them.

You are going to piss alot of people off with this decision, you have no idea how many people have dropped 400 maxed out skills to take biochem on their mains.

Talk to the endgame hardcore raiders they seem to have a much better grasp of how to deal with these issues, letting everyone know that the other crew skills would be buffed in 1.1 is infinately better than nerfing a skill most of the raiding playerbase has taken up after dropping other maxed out skills.

Personally I applaud their decission. I'm happy they are are looking our for the casual players. Scew you and your "must hav biochem or no raid for you" elitist attitude.

If you are so hardcore and elite dude, what the hell are you crying about with a small nerf to healing consumables? Medpacs are a crutch...

People really need to learn the definition of exploit. People using biochem was not Exploiting... Exploiting deals with taking advantage of a bug. They was not doing that, they was taking advantage of a game mechanic that was working as intended at the time. After re-evalutating the situation they decided Biochem was too strong and chose to nerf it. I suppose the 30000000 SI's are exploiting too?

Ha ha ha...nice try.

The manner in which biochem was being used, whilst not a code bug, was not working as intended. It was being used above its original scope due to a game mechanic that crept through testing.

The very definition of an exploit...glad its being sorted though!!

Driz

It's idiotic to change profs that have been maxed to 400 so close to release. BUT there is definitely a point to this. The issue has never been that some are too OP but rather most are underwhelming. By nerfing the only viable profs it's just making the entirety of crafting a complete waste of time.

In terms of economy I doubt it'll make any difference. The appalling AH, the over inflated amount of credits you get from daily's and the ease of maxing crafting has already killed it.

If you are so hardcore and elite dude, what the hell are you crying about with a small nerf to healing consumables? Medpacs are a crutch...

This lol.

Hilarious how the "hardcore leet" players are crying about this nerf when it was OBVIOUSLY needed.

I would not call them "hardcore leet" though...I call them "hardcore ezmoders". More than likely ex-wowtards. The same people insisting the game needs addons and macros lol.

It's idiotic to change profs that have been maxed to 400 so close to release. BUT there is definitely a point to this. The issue has never been that some are too OP but rather most are underwhelming. By nerfing the only viable profs it's just making the entirety of crafting a complete waste of time.

In terms of economy I doubt it'll make any difference. The appalling AH, the over inflated amount of credits you get from daily's and the ease of maxing crafting has already killed it.

The decision to nerf one or buff many must be taken from the original context...are we saying Biochem is OP or are we saying the rest are underpowered?

Well players and BW seem to be saying that Biochem is OP, therefore why on earth would you suggest buffing the rest rather than balancing Biochem?

Oh wait..I see why lol :)

Driz

Edited by ImperialSun

So, wait, the answer to one thing being overpowered is to make everything overpowered?

I hear people say this a lot, and it floors me every time. You can't be serious.

What the hell is overpowered about Biochem. I have it maxed, it is no different or more powerful than its counterparts in other MMOs. I took it as my first crafting skill on my first character because it was going to be a healer, and I always take this sort of crafting skill on my main healers. Most of the other crafting skills are useless at 400 because their crafted items are worse than you can get off of vendors and in pvp.

So what most of you are saying is nerf the only skill with useful endgame stuff, instead of them fixing the rest of the crafting skills to have them provide something worth a damn? I am glad the tradeskill I wanted from the beginning is being nerfed because everything else sucks.

I am one of the minority that really wants this game to succeed and I hope to be playing it longterm with my friends. I am being extremely patient with their pace of adding necessary features, however if they are going to go down the route of nerfing crafting skills so that they are pointless then I will just skip over them on every single character because they then just become nothing but a money sink .