Forum Changes Coming!

AllisonBerryman

How can you **** up something as simple as making server forums!? Who thought it was a good idea to make em in their current state? You people keep amazing me at how bad you are at everything thing you do. Do you have any sort of quality control on anything you do?! geez...

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I WAS excited. Until I tried using the new organization.

Hmm. Starting to think someone with actual skills and experience in organization needs to take a crack at the forum setup. This new setup for the server clumpings, is a kludge.

Maybe it is because you are trying to work with a canned forum code that is horribly inflexible. Or maybe you have yet to hire a web coder who is worth their pay. Whatever the case is, this setup is no good.

I have to drill down and down and down, and then get into what looks like something that should have been many levels up. Bleah. Also each section has a 'threads' area that is empty, because it doesn't allow threads in it. So why bother showing it?

Rethink the forum layout again. This one isn't good.

Hey everyone! You'll notice that the new Server Group Forums and the Suggestion Box are now available! We configured the Server Group Forums to require you to select a forum name tag for each thread, so there is no longer a requirement to enter your server name manually - you'll just select it from the drop-down menu when creating a new thread. Thank you all for your patience. We're looking forward to your feedback!

Whats with the half assed efforts all the time.

Make seperate server forums ffs..

Hey everyone! You'll notice that the new Server Group Forums and the Suggestion Box are now available! We configured the Server Group Forums to require you to select a forum name tag for each thread, so there is no longer a requirement to enter your server name manually - you'll just select it from the drop-down menu when creating a new thread. Thank you all for your patience. We're looking forward to your feedback!

Does the forum remember which server you chose? If not, i think it'd be a good idea.

9 servers have to post in the forum section where I fall into......9 servers!!!!??!!

That's going back to square 1 right there. Too many people, not enough space.

Give us individual forums

Does anyone see where the Suggestion Box is? I don't see it

Hi Allison,

First of all, thanks for getting the server forums up and running. I think this is a good first step to giving a forum (pun? my sense of humor is bad!) for people on the same server to communicate with each other. However, I'm not very pleased with the organization of them. I'm very curious as to why each server did not get it's own forum? Was it a technical limitation or a design decision?

To be honest, as a frequenter of other MMO forums in the past, I was expecting to see each server get a unique forum. In my opinion, grouping the forums in this way provides unnecessary complexity and confusion. Perhaps there are very good reasons that the forums were grouped this way, and I would like to hear what those are. However, I think giving each server their own forum helps to promote community building, which is something that I think we can all agree is very important to the health of an MMO. It's fun to get to know the other people on your server, to talk with them, and organize events (pvp or pve) for people to participate in. Unique server forums do a great job of providing this.

Anyway, I look forward to the next iteration of server forums!

9 servers have to post in the forum section where I fall into......9 servers!!!!??!!

That's going back to square 1 right there. Too many people, not enough space.

Give us individual forums

yeah, Harbinger is with 9 others in our group.

I have simply bookmarked a search page like this that seems to be ok..

let the forum domination begin!

Edited by oredith

I don't understand the logic behind the organization of these forums. Is it really that difficult to mirror OTHER successful forum formats?

Server forums, click. WOW list of sub forums organized by server name, click.

Currently Server forums, click. What kind of server was I on? OH YEAH RP, click. WTH?! Where's my actual server forum.

This has got to be the stupidest forum setup I've ever seen. Stop trying to be clever, just give us individual server forums please.

I think the reason they are'nt is they already have 216 servers. This means when they add, remove, or merge servers they have to take the corresponding actions in the forums. This layout makes that unessescary. It maybe be unpalatable, but it is scalable.

This is 2012...

Hmmm WOW has 10 millions players and they manage to divide their forum per server... As fas has I know.. SWTOR has only 2 millions..

This concepts is broken and unacceptable... Ok they tried... but failed...

I can see why this would seem like a good idea on paper, but in practice it is very confusing. I'm on Ebon Hawk and the RP Servers are all grouped together in one giant mess. It seems like it would just be a lot more simple and straightforward to have individual server forums.

It may help if I understood the rationale not to do so - has that reasoning been posted by a Bioware rep anywhere? It just seems needlessly complicated and confusing to manage the forum this way but I'm willing to accept there may be a factor I'm not considering. Apologies if this has been asked and answered already.

This is 2012...

Hmmm WOW has 10 millions players and they manage to divide their forum per server... As fas has I know.. SWTOR has only 2 millions..

This concepts is broken and unacceptable... Ok they tried... but failed...

swtor doesn't even have 1million active subscribers, that being said yeah this is ridiculous.

The Community Manager needs to be replaced as he doesn't know how to manage a community.

We need server forum room but grouping servers together is a bad idea. All you need to do is after the pick e.g. from A-C have the list of the server names then you look at the forum for your server. Most people will bookmark but untill then it more of a pain to use. This should be really easy fix and I would put it in soon. Maybe it will make us forget about ilum

Nasty hateful comments yet again...

That said the forums need to be split by server; it is by far the simplest and consequently best solution. The work should not be on the part of the user to have to click 3-4 times to find the appropriate info but by the website.