I'm level 19, and I have 26 spells.

Ouspensky

11 keybinds on Naga mouse (could do more but dont need to)

also

1 2 3 4 S+1 S+2 S+3 S+4 q e r t f S+e S+r S+t S+f

i tend to keep my offensive spells (healing sorc) on Naga and my healing spells on lettering keyboard. some people may do different but thats just the way i roll.

the numbers slots are for CCs, buffs, pots etc etc.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

My key bindings are:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

q e z v ` g x

F1 F2 F3 F4

So pretty much 18 key bindings, and the rest are 1.5min+ CD's or abilities I just don't use because they're designed for a different talent tree or pvp related.

Some moves are very situational and will only be needed in say pvp. Other moves you may not need are ones that are improved by talents, but without the talents are perhaps not as usefull.

Just something to keep in mind. Read your talents, develop a basic priority list for your moves and a rotation.

So? My friend is left-handed and he doesn't have any problems. He still modifies his keybindings to what fits him.

He's bad.

I tank with 8 keybinds, and never had any problems.

You're bad.

Im lvl 50 and i use 5-6 skills, rest is useless (i do less dps if i use them).

I don't know what class or spec you are, but of the 6 out of 8 classes that I've played, you're bad.

Some moves are very situational and will only be needed in say pvp. Other moves you may not need are ones that are improved by talents, but without the talents are perhaps not as usefull.

Just something to keep in mind. Read your talents, develop a basic priority list for your moves and a rotation.

That an ability is situational means no more than that it is situationally important to have that ability on an easy to reach keybind.

In a real world example, people rarely ever need to ring emergency - most wouldn't ring it ever in their lives. Do you think that that means the number should be 5492308905840890809 because it is barely ever used? Give 911/000/insert your country's version here to Pizza Hut?

Used rarely is not synonymous with unimportant or not time sensitive.

Edited by Delekii

Problem starts when you have multi-role chars e.g a healer or a tank, ofc DPS will have a simple key binding setup, but healers and tanks usually require a different setup for solo, PVP, and group PVE when combined with way too many abilities and lacking UI features makes this annoying and clunky.

The combat system i've enjoyed the most in any recent "RPG" well besides mass effect was in the Witcher, very simple system which combined action based and ability based combat which when combined formed complex and very deep combat mechanics with out requiring a naga mouse and some keypad to play comfortably...

That's 26 individual keybindings that I need be cognizant of and somehow work into a rotation just to take out silver mob. I can only imagine it gets even worse at higher levels.

I think "convoluted" is the word I'm looking for.

I use a g13 and g500 mouse.

That being said GW2 has limited the amount of abilities available to most classes down to 15 when including weapon switching. The elementalist will have access to 25 skills in combat but that is the only class as far as i know.

GW2 is addressing this issue of mmo's. I agree though, it's gotten out of hand.

The point was it doesn't even matter what my class is. The combat/spell system is beyond convoluted across all the classes.

This guy right here.

This guy right here.

I think you've found your golden, end all play tester guys. He knows every single class from beginning to end, 1-50, in all environments and ON TOP OF THAT he works ALL moves into rotations, as he said in the OP! It's crazy! That's right! He's even doing Threat-reduction abilities in Huttball!

What a baller!

Edited by Mackuss

Jugg tank, im listing only those I use in combat, almost all on regular basis:

1 2 3 4 5

r t y f g h z x c v b n

F1 F2 F3 F4 F5

s+r s+f s+g s+c s+v s+b

c+3 c+v c+g c+b

mouse 5

I like my keybindings to be close to movement keys where my hand rests, it minimizes reaction time and missclicks.

I use a g13 and g500 mouse.

That being said GW2 has limited the amount of abilities available to most classes down to 15 when including weapon switching. The elementalist will have access to 25 skills in combat but that is the only class as far as i know.

GW2 is addressing this issue of mmo's. I agree though, it's gotten out of hand.

Partly why GW2 will be a brilliant game.

My Annihilation Marauder abilities typically used at level 50.

Standard fights: Assault, Battering Assault, Force Choke, Rupture, Vicious Slash, Annihilate, Ravage, Force Charge, Disruption, Obfuscate, Force Camoflauge, Smash, Savage Kick(after charge), Pommel Strike(after smash), Frenzy and Berserk/Predation/bloodthirst.

Upkeep of: Deadly Saber and Cloak of Pain is a must.

For survival, Intimidating Roar, Saber Ward, Undying Rage and Call on the Force.

Typically the use of some abilities only come into play vs elites and groups of strong, but this is still a large amount of abilities to have bound. You also have to make sure that you use the right ability in the right situation and in quick succession to take full advantage of the buffs (the small icons you have to stare at.)

I spend more time staring at my quickslot bar and my buffs than I do the game, cause I need to know when to build rage, when a cooldown is available and so on. Personally I don't have the skill or attentionspan, quick thinking and so on to both look at the game and the buffs and the quickslot bar to spot the right cooldowns, all at the same time and still enjoy the game.

My solution was simple for me though, reroll and enjoy a new story on a class that to me isn't as stressful, and then perhaps come back to Marauder when abilities are more respnsive. When the abilities don't stutter every 5 seconds and can actually be played in a quick succession, without freezing all my other abilities for X amount of time cause of some conflict in an animation not being performed.

(PS: This is not a moan and quit reply, just my personal viewpoint of the marauder at the moment and how difficult I had it with so many abilities.)

Edited by Snobbenunge

...who the hell uses numbers past the number 3? do you have like 30 inches fingers?

qerf

zxcv

Sq Se Sr Sf Sc Sx

S = shift

the a Middle Button, Shift middle button, and CTR Middle button (configured middle button on mouse under my thumb holding it)

i absolutely love the amount of abilties in this game. It's made me start using my new gaming keyboard properly, i now have 1234567890-= bound (granted 789-= i don't use as the hotkeys for, it's generaly easier to click those if they're needed, (0 i have for my mount =D), but also: mouse 4, mouse 5, E, Q, F, shift+space shift+e shift+d shift+mouse5, and i'm only level 28. i'm actually struggling with action bar space more than keybinding.

That's 26 individual keybindings that I need be cognizant of and somehow work into a rotation just to take out silver mob. I can only imagine it gets even worse at higher levels.

I think "convoluted" is the word I'm looking for.

I play a Scoundrel and I have the damage stuff on EQRFG and Shift/Alt+EQRFG. Stuff I need very quick like interrupts, flash grenades, disappearing act etc. are mapped to my G700 mouse.

Edited by karcyon

Keys issue: You can go back to WoW, you only need to use 4 skills there. That's good for kids and non skilled players ;P

Implying this game isn't just as easy as WoW is. Convoluted and numerous abilities doesn't make the class harder to play, yo.

You are definatly doing something wrong. Every class has about 3-4 main skills at this level. I have 4 chars (all 20-29) and they all have about a maximum of 10 main skills. Of course, there are many other skills... but the other skills depend on situation and are not standard.

Lol what? I can list 12-14 abilities I use in a given basic pve encounter.

That you choose not to use abilities doesn't change that.

Please tell me what five buttons I should be using to take on a typical 3-4 target pve group?

I certainly could use a few buttons if I wanted to be 25% as efficient as I am.

That number is for the easiest content. Pvp fights and elite fights take more. Add to that i have a handful of skills I have not even gotten yet because working new things in is becoming burdensome.

If you are using every single ability your class is given you are playing

your class incorrectly.

Let me waste my GCDs on abilities I shouldn't be using for my spec. Are people

in this thread seriously hinting that using less skills equals bad?

Are you being for real?

In the UI Prefs you can display up to 3 other hotbars on screen. You can put abilities or items on them whether they have hotkeys assigned to the buttons or not, and simply click those buttons to use whatever is on them.

Are you being for real saying you click combat abilities with a mouse?

I play an Alzheimers patient.

But seriously, I use 1-7 keys, modified with shift and alt.

21 keybindings, thats all I need for 99.9% of fights as a Shadow Tank/Infiltrator.

I have 8- = bound as well, but those are things I dont use often at all (huttball, vanish, mount etc)

and I really dont use much of those 21 bindings either, and I am pretty damn good.

Two bottom-middle skill bar rows.

Q E R F C X ... Shift + Q E R F C X

Ctrl + Q E R F C X ... Alt + Q E R F C X

That's how I keybind like a bawss, non-essential skills go on side bar and are clicked.

BINGO!

Also Shift A, Shift S, Shift D and Z

Edited by Ian_Curtis