Well my fears are real

Mirlock

Well after waiting for Swtor since it was just a egg, I feared that they wouldnt listen to the players and just do as they felt best.

Yes i know its early and yes bugs happen and i look over that but..

Most of my die hard friends including myself are feelling a dead end to the game.

All this work gone into lands that dont get used much . so much waste.

If you even think about making a new character its like playing a single player game noone about. its like 20 people on each world and thats including all the instances. is the server population cap like 200-300 ? as i type now there is 103 in fleet and im on a crowded server.

No point in crafting as all the items you make are half as good as u can get from pvp. for free , so noone wants to buy them and ive made some nice Superior & Advanced items.

The pvp as it is . well.. much as the same crap as world of warcraft. canned none random crap.

Yes its needed to get pvp items but is that all the game can offer. as world pvp is once aday for quests just to trade take points.

All we do all day long at lvl 50 is queue for pvp and pray we dont get HUTBALL

Now im not saying the game is no good but for the amount of time taken making the game you would have thought someone must have relised it gets boring.

If i was mr lucus i would be crying . SWG was better then this by far at the start, players running everywhere cantinas full of dancers etc etc.

Dead worlds

Even the RNG way of getting items is frustrating there is a chance people will never ever get items they need. even i have about 5 relics and 4 pairs of boots and 2-3 chests etc etc . what is the point cant even give them to pets as they use diffrent stats not that pet are any use past lvl 50.

you cant get a grp of ppl together over 4 to do anything ( pvp ) it wont let you.

And to top it off i take my time listing any bugs i find and reporting them in the correct manner. But as soon as i need help with something NO fault of my own , My support ticket just gets closed with a answer to a question i didnt even ask.

Fan bois can flame me as much as they like . because i am a fan boi and if you dont feel this frustration yet you soon will do.

I just hope to god they fix world pvp out soon and make it interesting or anything interesting to do before its all to late and people just leave and dont look back like...

Aoc / Rift / Lotr / Swg etc etc etc all messed up and fixed to late

Would be nice to know they they relise there is a problem and they list things they will be doing. no matter when just so we all know.

If game sites get hold of many reports on how boring the game starts to get , they will eat it alive with bad press making sure no new players will come.

/crossfingers for powers to be to read

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a suggestion. You seem to be level 50 already, which could be a problem, when most people have just got the game or are settling in to learn how to play. Maybe now there are I would say 5000 level 50's on the game for a fan base that has over a million plus. Calm down, and I am sure in due time people will reach that level and you will have people to play with, not everyone wants to rush the game to see the end game.

Just a suggestion. You seem to be level 50 already, which could be a problem, when most people have just got the game or are settling in to learn how to play. Maybe now there are I would say 5000 level 50's on the game for a fan base that has over a million plus. Calm down, and I am sure in due time people will reach that level and you will have people to play with, not everyone wants to rush the game to see the end game.

It's not rushing to end game anymore. This game has been out long enough for quite a few people to be 50, without rushing.

It's not rushing to end game anymore. This game has been out long enough for quite a few people to be 50, without rushing.

It really just comes down to how long a person plays. The hardcore group will get to 50 easily, but I'm more casual as I don't have as much time anymore for games. I'm going slow, but I notice a lot 30's and 40's so far. Haven't ran into many 50's in the game.

hey the same post, reworded by 10s of other ppl.

sorry, you dont like it.

also, it sounds like you somehow got the impression that this was a pvp focus'd game. dont know where how why you got that impression.

its a pve game with pvp included. that is what it is and will be.

oh and some ppl enjoy huttball.

Edited by Mrshush

im gonna say it takes about 4-5days ingame time without skipping dialog. officially been out for 20days. 25% of 20days you have been playing on line. that is rushing. especialy since you should be sleeping for 30% of each day

Edited by Mrshush

I agree with the fact that even though its not rushing to 50 anymore, the majority of people are still not 50 and therefore not experiencing these issues. The world pvp and PVP as a whole will balance out and become more viable as future updates are implemented to enhance the experience. Right now its a question of numbers, with so many players so many servers and so few 50's it's really a growing pains issue. Notice how they're only now starting to split up the PVP brackets to allow for 50's only PVP. IF they had implemented that from the get go all the people who made it to 50 before the masses would be QQ'ing all over the forums about the lack of PVP and the wait time and the lack of a cross server pvp system.

This is a Bioware game, it doesn't matter what flaw you point out or criticism you have people are just going to slap their hands over their ears and scream "LALALALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU! YOU'RE PLAYING IT WRONG!!1!"

I disagree with most of the sentiment of the OP, but that's neither here nor there. He's going to get attacked, and attacked viciously, just like everyone else who levels even slight criticism to the deity du jour.

You and your friends do realize that every class story is unique right? Meaning all those quests for all the classes have unique quests to do. IDK how people can play a few classes in other games where it is exactly the same quests all the way through the game and then come to this game and not find that refreshing that you don't have to do the same stuff again.

Also, all the story lines all tie in to an overarching story line just like the origin stories did in Dragon Age Origins. Play another class to cap, and if you are bored still, then quit. It's a game, and there are tons of other games out there to play. Why do MMO's need to be these things that occupy you for years?

I think people have an experience with an MMO that is new and crazy and they want every subsequent MMO to do that for them again. I think these types of people would do themselves a favor by jumping into an MMO a year after it launches, because they are only looking at end game content and not what this game is: A story dirven MMO. That is where the content is. It's a Star Wars, BioWare MMO, how could you expect it to be anything other than that?

Edited by IasonEvan

While huttball is legit terrible (here's a pick up game of football, with X-Men playing, and your team didn't get a quarterback), that is mostly because it's not a battleground- it is a sport of sorts. Obviously, I'm not going to tell you to reroll the underpop side so you can actually play stuff besides it (I immediately exit every huttball unless I recognize names on my side), but Bioware is already working on another thing that is faction invariant.

I do wish this game had more warzones. Eventually, I am sure it will. In the mean time, I can get better at voidstar and alderaan and yes, even wretched huttball (as a melee scoundrel, I'm the ball, right?), and I'm absolutely having a blast with the first two.

You are correct that the pvp game isn't really where it needs to be yet, but this is a part of the game that doesn't get much play testing at level 50 in beta compared to live. I'm sorry you aren't enjoying it, but it's inevitable that they will improve the experience. For my part, I really feel every upgrade, and when I can get my buddies in vent we just destroy.

im gonna say it takes about 4-5days ingame time without skipping dialog. officially been out for 20days. 25% of 20days you have been playing on line. that is rushing. especialy since you should be sleeping for 30% of each day

This.

I've been in since early access day 1 and my highest is 20, given i have tons of alts and average about 5-7 hours of game time per week. I'm loving the game though. I cant wait til I have the time to raid again!

OP, the solution is in your post, but you frame it as a complaint.

This is basically a single person adventure game with a few random MMO elements thrown in as an afterthought.

When you reach 50, you start another character and experience that story. There is nothing to do at 50, so start an alt!

OP, the solution is in your post, but you frame it as a complaint.

This is basically a single person adventure game with a few random MMO elements thrown in as an afterthought.

When you reach 50, you start another character and experience that story. There is nothing to do at 50, so start an alt!

This is someone who sees the game for what it is. It isn't a MMO it is a single player game with some co-op elements. MMO it isn't close to being, all instanced and small population on the shards take away the massively part pretty quickly.

You and your friends do realize that every class story is unique right? Meaning all those quests for all the classes have unique quests to do. IDK how people can play a few classes in other games where it is exactly the same quests all the way through the game and then come to this game and not find that refreshing that you don't have to do the same stuff again.

Also, all the story lines all tie in to an overarching story line just like the origin stories did in Dragon Age Origins. Play another class to cap, and if you are bored still, then quit. It's a game, and there are tons of other games out there to play. Why do MMO's need to be these things that occupy you for years?

I think people have an experience with an MMO that is new and crazy and they want every subsequent MMO to do that for them again. I think these types of people would do themselves a favor by jumping into an MMO a year after it launches, because they are only looking at end game content and not what this game is: A story dirven MMO. That is where the content is. It's a Star Wars, BioWare MMO, how could you expect it to be anything other than that?

The problem with this post is that, leveling alts is the most amazing chore. 10% of game quests are story-related, the rest are fetch quests shared between classes. That means if you level alts, you'll be playing 90% of quests 4 times. For most people, the class quests just aren't worth the hassle. If there was a way to do just the class quests, then yeah, but pvping and space aren't enough to allow you to get through the story in any reasonable amount of time.

Why do people say that Bioware doesn't listen to the community?

I will tell you why.

Because some people think that if Bioware doesn't fix what they want within two days, that they aren't listening.

Realise two things:

Doing what a lot of people are asking for takes weeks or months to implement. Your level of impatience is not a measure of their listening skills.

Secondly, people often feel that because 20 people agree with them on a forum that the suddenly represent the majority. Do not assume that because you and your 20 friends feel the same, that the "community" therefore wants that. They've always stated that not everything people ask for will be implemented.

So to conclude. Your personal impatience and exaggeration of your support base are not a fair measure of Bioware's "listening to the community".

Now, Bioware are certainly not perfect in all this, but for example, I was really annoyed by the bug of the sith corruption. It took em two tries, but it is fixed. More things have been fixed and more is on the way. When you look at those simple facts, you simply can't say that they don't listen. But it will take time to fix some of the others....it's just not possible to fix everything in 2 weeks. That's a reality check for ya.

Your name makes you a fanboi, and as such all of your TL;DR opinions are pointless an void. I am happy you wasted 10 minutes of your life. Luckily I noticed the name and didn't waste any of mine.

If you and your friends leave can I haz your stuff? Also please collect all tears in jars.

Sounds like you need a guild with more than 10 people in it. Just a guess.

We are always busy doing world bosses, holocron runs, pvp, flashpoints, dailys, operations.

If you are 50 why would you just que for pvp all day long? Why not try hardmode flashpoints or operations or anything for that matter. Confused by a lot of your statements as it seems you want the game to hand you action on a silver plate as soona s you log in.

The game is what you make it and if you sit around and do nothing but que for 3 warzones, I can see why you are frsutrated.

Edited by Hotheaded

Maybe if you play for 24 hours a day and don't have any alts.

I've been playing since early release a couple of hours a night and I don't have a 50 yet. I even admit to skipping some of the dialog on my alts (bad me!)....

Your time frame and statistics aren't representative.... At least not in my opinion.

Your name makes you a fanboi, and as such all of your TL;DR opinions are pointless an void. I am happy you wasted 10 minutes of your life. Luckily I noticed the name and didn't waste any of mine.

If you and your friends leave can I haz your stuff? Also please collect all tears in jars.

Ever heard the line . never read a book by its cover.

Mirlock may not be a real starwars game but then ive always thought mmo's were built around what you do nto what everyone else wants you todo.

The name was a name i chose back in 2008-2009 when i joined and you cant change it .

But even if my name was darth Vader i wouldnt make my points any stronger to those who dont want to listen or understand.

I didnt say at anypont i was leaving i just was trying to show my concerns. and hope that some people could agree with some and maybe all have certains points we all agree on and the game could move that way . if the right people were to read the thread.

So i thank you for the great reply and ill go away and read your comments and see what great words of wisdom you give on all your thread replies