"You don't raid unless you are 400 Biochem."

McVade

Personally, I would find a new guild.

I can understand "You don't raid until you have good gear or these stat thresholds per class/role," but "You don't raid unless you have a stim that's less useful than the non-reusable blue version."

New guild time.

You bought the lie that the blues are better I see, or you try to spread them. Anyway, last post on the subject from me.

Check your facts before you come talk, it will just make you look stupid othervise.

If you wanna bring 95% dont get bio, if you go for 100% then get it.

KKTHNXBYE

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we all know who got kicked from his raids for beeing a slack who wanted to be carried ;) Seen your type so many times before and we always booted you in the end.

Oh is this where we start comparing e-peens and so-called raiding accomplishments?

I've seen your type so many times before, usually booted out when a guild fractures because of all the 'my way or ****' drama.

I think we all know who got kicked from his raids for beeing a slack who wanted to be carried ;) Seen your type so many times before and we always booted you in the end.

Ive seen your type around a lot, theyre usually far more talk than skill. If a guild can do the same content at "95%" as another guild who HAS to be "100%", then which players are the more skilled?

Who do you think is dowing the nightmare's first? The ppl who give 100% or the ones that give 95%?

Since you obviously never had a 1% wipe and/or just wanna get carried im not gonna argue this anymore. Play it as you want. If you just wanna come with 95% or lower and its ok with your clan, go ahead. You wont be clearing the nightmares in a while I can tell you.

Anyway, I cant arge with you bads anymore. You wont get in the high end guilds with your attitude so I wont play with you at least. Except maybe as randoms in BGs and thats bad enough.

Damn, so much epeen ******* going on in games these days. Who cares if you bring "95%" or whatever bs like that? These people aren't looking to be "world first" in anything, they just want to explore content. If your goal is to be "world first", then yeah... definitely bring your 100% for it. But know that the majority don't care for it nor do they care to torture themselves (subjectively) in removing themselves from what they consider fun to do what you consider worthwhile (not so much fun).

Folks who feel these people shouldn't see said content really do need to socialize away from the computer more lol. Break that mindset that the only thing that matters is gloating online. There should be rewards for the types who are determined to be these "world firsts" but not in terms of overall content... just the rewards for putting in the time.

The OP and others like them are only looking for the opportunity to do said content. Eventually some of them will get to experience hardmode/nightmare stuff (with or without nerfs). Good for them. You don't really need to provoke people about what they may or may not get to do (in this case be among the first to clear content) unless you're obviously just trying to be a deluded snob.

Why not just go ahead and create a fun game that fits your needs and have it only available to yourself and others like you? Avoid the ~95% givers and keep the content exclusive that way. Oh that's right, because you don't have the money, social skills, nor education needed to do this. Sad... seeing you join the same ranks as the grand majority of us.

It's a game of choice. The reason these games are so popular is because they don't constrain you to a certain play style.

All the ire about guilds doing this is a bit hypocritical. "Who are you to tell me how to play" swings both ways.

If enough people find this play style attractive, there is no reason for them not to do it. If you feel strongly enough against it, don't play with them. It's just a choice that they made, calling it stupid or idiotic only undermines your own claims that you should be allowed to play the way you want.

Unless your guild is making sponsored money to play there is no reason to force things on this small and negligible of a scale. You are probably just dealing with an anal retentive micromanaging power trip of a leader. Me? I would leave unless checks start showing up. A lot of people want to pretend they are "elitists" and "min maxing" but chances are you aren't in the top 5 guilds in the world and the endgame here hasn't even progressed into anything serious yet. MY advice to the leader: Get over yourself.

This entire thread embodies the fact that biochem is a shew in for notice from the gods of NERF! I truly believe the reusable items biochems get r doomed to be either available to everyone at the expense of needing extremely difficult to get components/schematics, or no more reusable........ At witch point this forum will get a zerg of crybabies that have to retrain a crafting shill for the 3rd time :rolleyes:

My answer to tat would be /guildquit and find another guild, to be completely blunt. I can't raid without said skill? Fine, I'll go to another guild whose leadership doesn't have a lightsaber stuck up their...

Yup...

I find it FAR more likely that they'll fix other professions. What sounds best to you:

1.) Slicing is the only useful profession in the game (currently).

2.) There is no useful profession in the game (if they nerf Slicing).

3.) Every profession is viable and useful (if they fix other professions).

I know which one sounds good to me. It may be easier to just nerf Slicing, but for the benefit of the game, the other professions need to be brought in line.

Is what people were saying a couple weeks ago. Just saying.

This entire thread embodies the fact that biochem is a shew in for notice from the gods of NERF! I truly believe the reusable items biochems get r doomed to be either available to everyone at the expense of needing extremely difficult to get components/schematics, or no more reusable........ At witch point this forum will get a zerg of crybabies that have to retrain a crafting shill for the 3rd time :rolleyes:

This is why I haven't dropped artifice for biochem yet.

NO, the only difference is I'm not sugar coating it. if you don't keep up with the rest of the group and your performance falls off you'll be replaced. If your not putting in the same amount of effort and performing to the same level why should I expect the other 14 people in the op to pick up your slack. It's not fair to them.

not sure you understand... I was stating that a good end game raid guild have raiders for which you don't need to tell them things like bring pots etc. You seems to be the kind of person who would never do more than anyone else, I am the kind of person who always expect to compete in the very top but I don't minmax to the extreme. I simple know extremely well how to do my part as a tank or healer. People like you never last in a good guild!

Like I said, if you dont want to be the best you can be, thats up to you. If you think going for 95% when your clannies are doing 100% is enough, you are a freeloader. But hey, if they are ok with it just be happy and go for the ride.

I might very well be much better at so many other things compared to your extreme focus on gear that I any day outperform you any day... no matter if I tank, heal or dps.

min/max is never as important as knowing what do and avoid being the one who wiped the raid which extremely focused min/max dps raiders seems to manage every day.

agreed... number of minmaxers who get kicked is always high! People who know how to heal, tank etc. without wiping their raids stay every time. Of course, the OPs guild seems a sure failure.

TBH as a tank with Artifice I feel im stuck between a rock and a hard place at the moment.

I know the current situation between the crafting occupations won't remain and im pretty certain either Biochem will be nerfed like slicing, or they'll buff other prof's to have a similar influence. My problem is I quite like artifice and was looking forward to hunting for the rarer recipes, but at the end of the day who is gonna want a tank grouped who's at a disadvantage straight away because they don't have Bio.

So I feel I have a choice, dump artifice and level biochem or don't raid.

Give the other prof's something similar or make the reusable stims open to trade. I'd personally pay a pretty penny for a set of them.

TBH as a tank with Artifice I feel im stuck between a rock and a hard place at the moment.

I know the current situation between the crafting occupations won't remain and im pretty certain either Biochem will be nerfed like slicing, or they'll buff other prof's to have a similar influence. My problem is I quite like artifice and was looking forward to hunting for the rarer recipes, but at the end of the day who is gonna want a tank grouped who's at a disadvantage straight away because they don't have Bio.

So I feel I have a choice, dump artifice and level biochem or don't raid.

Give the other prof's something similar or make the reusable stims open to trade. I'd personally pay a pretty penny for a set of them.

Wait until they rollout the crew skill updates.

Don't drop your profession to suit other people. Only do it if it's what YOU want to do. You are not required to take biochem to raid, I haven't personally checked the rakata bonuses but I highly doubt they are a massive buff, just a slight one over consumables.

Either way, I know that Bioware does not want everyone to go biochem for reusable best items, otherwise biochem would be worthless for money (no one spends money on consumables, because if they wanted to min/max they'd already have biochem). I fully expect Bioware to add some BOP items that are comparable to Rakata for other classes, or to simply nerf biochem to not have advantages over non-biochem.

Just my two credits.

Excatly as it should be. If you dont like to do endgame at a competetive level. Dont do it Endgame pve content should be damn hard and require a hell of a lot of work outside the the raid or opereation. And it should not be accessable to everyone

Not exactly my friend. While I agree that endgame content should have some requirements and be hard work, I believe the OP makes a good point. Accessibility is key in an MMO, specifically a story driven one such as this and Hard-mode should be limited, regular modes should be easy enough that most players should eventually see it and down it. WoW was on the harder end of this before I quit in 2010, WotLK -specifically Icecrown was hard after doing ToC 25/10 hard-mode and being really over-geared for the first wing, we still had a hard time. I say, do as WoW did with crafting skills-special bonuses to level the playing field!

I'm in a PvP guild that is working to prepare for 8-man warzone rated teams. After PvPing up to Valor rank 55, I have to come to realization that, in its current state, Biochem is absolutely irreplaceable.

I had 400 Armstech/Scavenge/Investigation. The best I could really do with it at end-game was sell epic Advanced barrels on the AH. Once I saw the adrenal/medpac/stim combo that Biochem offered, I had absolutely no choice. There's NO way to ignore those stat increases when you are planning to play competitively. You have to be out of your mind. It's as if the entire opposing team and your teammates were taking steroids and you weren't - you would be incredibly disadvantaged.

Personally, I don't wish for Biochem to be nerfed. I want the other professions to be made useful. A nerf to Biochem won't make Armstech more appealing, or any other armor/weaponry/modification profession. The other professions deserve more love.

It's so funny when people ask for reuaseables to be unrestricted so they can be 'rich as hell' not realising people only buy those once. And with the sheer volume of docs now, they'd be cheap as chips. Then bio would be a non earning tradeskill.